What's in the Big Huge Castle at the End of the Road?

Guys, I think it's pretty clear that the castle in the graphic is where the dev party at the end of the Kickstarter campaign is being held. Anything over 3.5 mill will be blown on alcohol, drugs, and jumping castles. Just sayin'.

I can see it now. For 50 dollars you can buy a round of beers for Obsidian and watch them drink it live on ustream! :dancing:

I admit to being afire with curiosity. And given that we're about 25k away from meeting the last stretch goal, they may want to get right on letting us know what the castles for...

Except its about 6 in the morning for them, and a bunch of them were up late ustreaming a dnd session and drinking.

fwul38.jpg

"There's a bodybag out there with that scudball's name on it, and I'm doing up the zip. Anyone who gets in my way gets a napalm enema. "

- Lister

I admit to being afire with curiosity. And given that we're about 25k away from meeting the last stretch goal, they may want to get right on letting us know what the castles for...

Except its about 6 in the morning for them, and a bunch of them were up late ustreaming a dnd session and drinking.

Pah! Excuses and nothing else! :grin:

They should check the real donations amount first. The numbers shown on the Kickstarter page are just promises, someone may have problems with the actual payment. After that, if the money still exceeds 3.5 millions, I would like the obsidian guys to stock 100k for testing, quality assurance and emergencies and spend all the rest to (choose one):

1- Include completely animated gargantuan monsters (if they haven't decided to include them already). Infinity engine dragons sucked.

2- Add more depth to the romance storylines (include marriage, adoption, more dialogue and so on).

3- Expand the crafting system. Add smithing, carpentery and tailoring. Let me build the furniture for my own stronghold!

4- Plan more branches for the main storyline and more radically diversified endings. I know the developers are planning to give to us players a lot of freedom, but it's never enough!

5- Give us an italian translation!

And please:

1- No more classes. There are enough already.

2- No more races. Giving depth to the announced ones is quite an hard task already.

3- No more companions. Same reasons as above.

I concur, let's first see how much money remains after everybody has ponied up, kickstarter/amazon have withdrawn their share and all the physical goods have been produced/distributed. Since Obsidian apparently doesn't have any further stretch goals in reserve I would rather have they polish the currently available content then add more stuff which we won't miss and has to be forced in. Having a financial buffer in case of setbacks might be a very good thing, especially since the credo appears to be "it's done when it's done".

It's a castle!!! So whatever lies there has to be HUGE. They're listening to suggestions but I don't think it'll be announced until after the fact since they are likely to wait to see how much they get and place a cost-appropriate reward there. By the looks of it they'll probably land around 3.7 or 3.8 mil.

1zq6793.jpg

Voice Acting and Music would be my choice of the next stretch goal. I feel like the game has enough content.

full voice acting is OBSCENELY expensive (something like 3-5 thousand dllars for a few hundred lines) and very limiting to the writers...now partial VO like in the IE games etc. is much more viable and frankly impactful.

I mean, who can top David Warner as Irenicus? certainly no modern rpg villain.

Now orchestral music on the other hand...THAT is a worthy aspiration.

It's a castle!!! So whatever lies there has to be HUGE. They're listening to suggestions but I don't think it'll be announced until after the fact since they are likely to wait to see how much they get and place a cost-appropriate reward there. By the looks of it they'll probably land around 3.7 or 3.8 mil.

they'll announce it once KS hits 3.5 mill to keep momentum up!

That goal has passed us by when we were at ~3,394k on kickstarter. Now we're closing in on 3.6 mil so that ship sailed a loooooong time ago. We are ~7.5k away from 3.6 mil and 91 pledges from mega dungeon level 11 on kickstarter though in the end we'll also have ~2000 pledgers added on due to paypal so we're ~591 pledgers away from dungeon level 12.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

That goal has passed us by when we were at ~3,394k on kickstarter. Now we're closing in on 3.6 mil so that ship sailed a loooooong time ago. We are ~7.5k away from 3.6 mil and 91 pledges from mega dungeon level 11 on kickstarter though in the end we'll also have ~2000 pledgers added on due to paypal so we're ~591 pledgers away from dungeon level 12.

they won't be counting PP 'till the very end though.

It's a portal to another world. :p

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

It's only a model.

On second thought, let's not go to that castle, 'tis a silly place.

Clearly it must be.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I concur

I also concur!

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."