What's in the Big Huge Castle at the End of the Road?

I think people are reading into the castle too much.

Do you see a big city where the 3.5m goal is? Or a statue of George Ziets at 2.8? No, because the artwork isn't intended to reflect the goals.

Yes, but why is the journey (as indicated by quantum of donations) stopping just shy of the castle? If we follow your line of reasoning, then the journey to the castle should end at 3.5m.

I'm not saying they're not planning to go beyond 3.5m - perhaps even adding one final stretch goal - I just don't think the castle was intended at all to reflect ideas for an additional in-game feature.

Do you see a big city where the 3.5m goal is? Or a statue of George Ziets at 2.8? No, because the artwork isn't intended to reflect the goals.

Yes, but why is the journey (as indicated by quantum of donations) stopping just shy of the castle? If we follow your line of reasoning, then the journey to the castle should end at 3.5m.

I'm not saying they're not planning to go beyond 3.5m - perhaps even adding one final stretch goal - I just don't think the castle was intended at all to reflect ideas for an additional in-game feature.

Ok, I get your point. But seeing the ominous castle at the very end just makes it kinda intriguing...

Ok, I get your point. But seeing the ominous castle at the very end just makes it kinda intriguing...

It intrigues me too. Nothing like making a wild guess as to what they will offer. Something nice? Nothing but a thank you for helping them put more money into expanding what they are already planning?

I will be grateful either way, but the castle does lead one to speculate what they could do.

I don't know what the castle at the end of the road is but I'd definitely like to see Project Eternity go the way of Space Rangers 2 with tapping multiple genres a little fpsing here, some rpging there, and some rtsing over here with the currently in development Stronghold and start hitting on some RTS building and spheres of influence in the colonial regions.

Any way we could get a set of cards of the Beastiary with the picture on the front and a description/history on the back of the card?

Edited by Aeristal

THAT CASTLES HARBORS A ROMANCE-ABLE BI-SEXUAL LOVE INTEREST IN NEED OF RESCUING, I JUST KNOW IT!!!!! RAAAARRRRRGGHHH!

Your profile picture is perfect for your comment.

I really hope that the castle represents more subraces and Necromancers being added as a class.

There is no way we'll be able to reach that mansion with Kickstarter alone before the time is up. Perhaps with Paypal though -- they might continue taking funding through paypal even after Kickstarter ends. That way, when I assemble sufficient funds (sometime two months from now) I might be able to buy an NPC in this game.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

THAT CASTLES HARBORS A ROMANCE-ABLE BI-SEXUAL LOVE INTEREST IN NEED OF RESCUING, I JUST KNOW IT!!!!! RAAAARRRRRGGHHH!

monty_python_holy_grail_prince_herbert_singing.png

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Yep. it's just a symbol for the 4M stretch goal.

The road should've had an infinity symbol loop in it near the end.

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

They should check the real donations amount first. The numbers shown on the Kickstarter page are just promises, someone may have problems with the actual payment. After that, if the money still exceeds 3.5 millions, I would like the obsidian guys to stock 100k for testing, quality assurance and emergencies and spend all the rest to (choose one):

1- Include completely animated gargantuan monsters (if they haven't decided to include them already). Infinity engine dragons sucked.

2- Add more depth to the romance storylines (include marriage, adoption, more dialogue and so on).

3- Expand the crafting system. Add smithing, carpentery and tailoring. Let me build the furniture for my own stronghold!

4- Plan more branches for the main storyline and more radically diversified endings. I know the developers are planning to give to us players a lot of freedom, but it's never enough!

5- Give us an italian translation!

And please:

1- No more classes. There are enough already.

2- No more races. Giving depth to the announced ones is quite an hard task already.

3- No more companions. Same reasons as above.

I'd guess it just symbolises the end of the kickstarter and nothing more than that.

It's more fun if there's a feel of "we are there now, gone all the way" when the campaign is over,

instead of leaving on some road wondering if we're still going somewhere.

----

And with gone all the way, I obviously mean the bisexual necrophilic romancing of the lich in the castle.

I'd definitely like to see Project Eternity go the way of Space Rangers 2 with tapping multiple genres a little fpsing here, some rpging there, and some rtsing over here

HELL NO.

Anyways, I do think most people think too much about the castle, and it's just the place in the picture where the final "endless dungeon" level count will be (enough free space there to add numbers and words) so they can use that small picture to give in one glance the amount of money and dungeon levels.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If it's not planned in game already, then I'd like to see a quest involving dragon or few leeches (one really powerfull, a kind of really 'BIG boss') as a next strech goal. Epic battle, unique loot at the end. Of course there should be possibility to finish quest without fighting also, but then there wouldn't be a reward in the form of unique treasures, only XP.

And I agree with not having more companions/races/classes, there's already quite much of them planned in game.

My 2c.

I guess its a dream the impossible dream & shoot for the moon target of $4 million. Which might be possible they way kickstarters go crazy at the end.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Guys, I think it's pretty clear that the castle in the graphic is where the dev party at the end of the Kickstarter campaign is being held. Anything over 3.5 mill will be blown on alcohol, drugs, and jumping castles. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

fwul38.jpg

"There's a bodybag out there with that scudball's name on it, and I'm doing up the zip. Anyone who gets in my way gets a napalm enema. "

- Lister