What's in the Big Huge Castle at the End of the Road?

As I've posted elsewhere in blatant self-interest: It is an enormous castle, led by a powerful undead, and which/who has taken necromancy to new heights. And sadly, it looks like a 4 M goal, but I hope 3.8 M will be enough.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

NerdBoner: That's what's great with undead, they go both ways and more... ;)

Kionter: I know, it looks like its too far, unfortunately. But just a crypt will do for me. :) ( Or a separate and nicely written necromancer class. )

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

As I've posted elsewhere in blatant self-interest: It is an enormous castle, led by a powerful undead, and which/who has taken necromancy to new heights. And sadly, it looks like a 4 M goal, but I hope 3.8 M will be enough.

I'm getting nerdchills thinking about this... don't keep us in suspense Obsidian :aiee:

Not the least glimmer of light escaped the castle's tall black windows. Its broken battlements sketched a jagged line across the darkened sky. The castle brooded over a bleak, mist-shrouded valley, and the terrible fortress was occupied by something ancient and evil.

A blot of night detached from the shadowed walls of the castle and moved out onto a narrow balcony. Lightning revealed the sneering countenance of Mühling, the terrible necromancer.

His eyes, burning with a never-satisfied hunger, took in the drizzling twilight, the looming peaks, and the few sad lights of the village below. He clutched one hand to his chest and muttered, as if making a promise, or perhaps delivering a curse, a single name: "Indira . . ."

The necromancer grimaced, and his sharp wits promised mayhem. A bitter wind spun dead leaves about him, billowing his velvet-lined cape.

Another fit of lightning burst from the storm's underbelly, casting stark light across the necromancer's face. The angular muscles of his visage and the taut lines in his hands revealed a man accustomed to exercising complete authority. In that face, no pity lived -- but, perhaps, hints of growing madness?

Or is it? We'll sprint to the $4m castle, managing to hit it right before the time runs out, whereupon inside we find Feargus, wearing a mushroom hat, informing us: "Thank you backers! But our game is in another castle!" Consequently the current Kickstarter will be cancelled, and a new one set up with an initial target of World 2-1Goal 2.1.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's obviously another stronghold. Two strongholds are better than one, obviously.

Yes,so at 4mil the game will become Project:Age of Empire;)

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I think people are reading into the castle too much.

Do you see a big city where the 3.5m goal is? Or a statue of George Ziets at 2.8? No, because the artwork isn't intended to reflect the goals.

Yes, but why is the journey (as indicated by quantum of donations) stopping just shy of the castle? If we follow your line of reasoning, then the journey to the castle should end at 3.5m. The castle may not be representative of anything, but I think it can be safely said there's still a stretch goal (or two) left.

Edited by agewisdom