Project Eternity has beaten the record!

Legendary.

It seems there is a high demand for RPGs done right after all...

WHO KNEW!?

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "high demand." Undoubtedly there's probalby more people that haven't contributed to the kickstarter that will still pick this up, and because I love Obsidian's writing I hope this game makes them mountains and mountains of cash, the numbers don't really indicate (for or against) whether or not this is a "high demand" at all IMO.

It's still "only" 65k backers, and currently the average donation is a shade over $50. The kickstarter stuff has actually been pretty eye opening for me in terms of how much money moves around with games.

That said, digital distribution and stuff like kickstarter makes it a lot easier to get out more specialized projects because the barriers to entry are less of an issue. Something I have been a huge supporter of the shift to digital for some time now!

• Like 1

Love the video edits, way to go fellow backers. Publishers you may want to reconsider your stand on old school models. Hopefully Obsidian will record the 'end of kickstarter' party to be included inside the documentary, this is history in the making.

A big yah to OBS and to the fan base for kicking past the Doublefine record!

"Yah!"

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

It seems there is a high demand for RPGs done right after all...

Certainly. But it also means a lot of RPG players seem to have deep pockets, considering a relative small amount of backers made this possible.

Which kinda make me think RPG's are preferened under the smart, with the big jobs, and high pays. Compared to shooters which are generally for moneyless teens or people with menial jobs.

Which makes me kinda happy and hope I get a nice job after all in the future.

[/steorytyping proven right]

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Now the hard times begin. Devs can't talk about high-level concepts and play DnD forever. And once crunch time arrives there will be less community interaction and fewer questions answered. The fanbase becomes nervous and accuses Obsidian of losing their way. "This isn't the game that I paid for you to make!" Accusations abound, the release date slips and outright panic sets in.

Then the game comes out and lo and behold it is a marvelous thing: the fusion of fanboi hopes and dreams and dev sweat, blood and tears. And the masses rejoice and the game flies off of the digital shelves and publishers take note and all is right with the world.

...at least thats how I see it happening.

Sounds pretty likely, yeah...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee