I just want to find out what are your plans with regards to the length of the game.

I mean these days we get games that last max 40 hours. 50 -to 60 if we are lucky or with DLC content and all the secrets...

I would say that you reach 3.5 mln and with extra big city I would love this to last say 80- 100 hours plus with all the secrets done etc...

also will there be trade invloved there as well ? like minerals or commodities i.e slaves , etc ? I think it would be cool and you could show implications of slave trade say on paragon -renegade points on character ....etc

I remember in Suikoden 1 or 2 i lost myself in trading commodities...etc as it was so much fun....

Anyhow keep up the good work here ...have such high hopes for this.....

• Like 1

I just want to find out what are your plans with regards to the length of the game.

I mean these days we get games that last max 40 hours. 50 -to 60 if we are lucky or with DLC content and all the secrets...

I would say that you reach 3.5 mln and with extra big city I would love this to last say 80- 100 hours plus with all the secrets done etc...

also will there be trade invloved there as well ? like minerals or commodities i.e slaves , etc ? I think it would be cool and you could show implications of slave trade say on paragon -renegade points on character ....etc

I remember in Suikoden 1 or 2 i lost myself in trading commodities...etc as it was so much fun....

Anyhow keep up the good work here ...have such high hopes for this.....

They are aiming for IWD length.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I hope they make no sacrifices in quality for quantity.

They won't.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Im just sick and tired of short games... I just want long ,long game.... with meaningful quests and dialogue ...implications ..etc...So it all makes sense and there is dramatisation etc...

no MMO type quests ...go and kill 50 goblins and you will get sword +5 to fire etc ...Just long and amazing story like a book with everything coherent and having an implications...

100 hours for me would be ideal...

Hence I love Bioware and Obsidian ....just storytelling perfection....

Edited by firstarioch
  • Like 1

I just sick and tired of short games... I just want long ,long game.... with meaningful quests and dialogue ...implications ..etc...So it all makes sense and there is dramatisation etc...

no MMO type quests ...go and kill 50 goblins and you will get sword +5 to fire etc ...Just long and amazing story like a book with everything coherent and having an implications...

defaultavitar.gif

Adam Brennecke: Our goal is to make it as long as possible with the funding that we get from Kickstarter.

I also hope for high difficulty....I know they said that is important to them ...NORMAL should be NORMAL of old not the recent times when its just really ridiculously easy...

I want to reload save game often....etc... and to use my brain for tactics ...not just put put every character on aggressive mode and coast through it ....

I would love also Fire Emblem style when character is dead he /she is DEAD and no SAVE reload will help ...but that would be I think to difficult to do for now considering budget... So maybe next project....lol... it makes you think and strategise when fighting instead just clicking....

Im just sick and tired of short games... I just want long ,long game.... with meaningful quests and dialogue ...implications ..etc...So it all makes sense and there is dramatisation etc...

Hence I love Bioware and Obsidian ....just storytelling perfection....

MMO is always quantity over quality. People spend lots of hours playing but often the amount of fun is not as much, most hours are spend grinding as a means to an end.

And I agree, hopefully the gameplay hours in PE is more meaningful and not just boring grinding or chores.

• Like 1

A reasonable length with good quality.

There's one game that I found with extreme length but it was such a slog to go through, that for once, I skipped most of the side quests and went to the main one... It's was soooooooooo..... darn...................... booooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggg...

Kingdom of Amalur!

Edited by agewisdom

There's one game that I found with extreme length but it was such a slog to go through, that for once, I skipped most of the side quests and went to the main one... It's was soooooooooo..... darn...................... booooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggg...

Kingdom of Amalur!

Didnt play it ,,,But I advise everyone here to play Divinty 2 Ego Draconis ....Long ...amazing ... meaningful...gives warm feeling etc...

And IGN as usual gave it 6.5 which means its great as their reviewers have attention span of a 5 year old and if its not Gears of War its not good....

It will be impossible for them to please everybody. Regardless of what they put out, some people will inevitably moan about it.

I think they know whats works ....Anybody who made Sith Lords knows what they are doing ...God I love that game...playing it now again for 45th time...soon I will know all Kreias lines....lol

I hope not, my last playthrough of IWD1 clocked at 16 hours.

Bah, I meant IWD2 which can take up to 60-100 hours.

I hope not, my last playthrough of IWD1 clocked at 16 hours.

Bah, I meant IWD2 which can take up to 60-100 hours.

I got scared there for a sec...16 hours... yeah second one was long ....ok...I can stomach that ....

but I battle system I for one need challenge ...strategy ...not click .click ...I hope they get this right ....

when I defeat a e.g. a dragon or a another boss I want to feel that i did it with strategy not with just click ..click .

Nothing above 100 hours, otherwise replaying it becomes a chore, and I do plan on replaying it, with multiple characters/party set-ups. I think having a long game is fine, but at some point you have to draw the line.

The important thing to wonder is, how many quests will we have? Hmmmmm!

Edited by Ignatius

Nothing above 100 hours, otherwise replaying it becomes a chore, and I do plan on replaying it, with multiple characters/party set-ups. I think having a long game is fine, but at some point you have to draw the line.

The important thing to wonder is, how many quests will we have? Hmmmmm!

I hope many ...with meaning and implications...to characters world etc...

But hey im a completist ...lol... I loved all MAKO segments in Mass Effect ...I have done all the planets etc... I loved Mako ..Hated that they took it away...

Edited by firstarioch

Kingdom of Amalur!

Didnt play it ,,,But I advise everyone here to play Divinty 2 Ego Draconis ....Long ...amazing ... meaningful...gives warm feeling etc...

And IGN as usual gave it 6.5 which means its great as their reviewers have attention span of a 5 year old and if its not Gears of War its not good....

That was a fun game. You get to play a dragon :dragon:

(By the way, GOG.com is currently having a sale on it.)

Kingdom of Amalur!

That was a fun game. You get to play a dragon :dragon:

(By the way, GOG.com is currently having a sale on it.)

I know ....lol

I bought original game .than expansion .

Than dragon knight version ...

And now ordered remastered edition from Larian themselves ...lol

Love to support them ...they are small company but very creative ...and love their games ...