If you read the interview, Josh Sawyer says that damage will have 2 components; stamina and health. Stamina will be more effected through combat than health. Therefore priests might have spells that increase endurance or raise stamina, etc. but they won't be able to restore health.

How will health be regenerated then?

I hope not automatically...

If health auto-regens that changes my entire opinion of this game.

Last update was that health may recover by resting.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The combination of rare healing and a lack of XP for killing monsters provides a strong player incentive to resolve problems without combat. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It kind of like a system with 2 HP bar. There will be plenty of Stamina "healing" magic I am sure. I guess it's kind of like the shield points in sci-fi RPG (eg. Mass Effect's shield and health). Have to see how exactly it will be implemented to decide whether the system is a fun tactical challenge or incredibly annoying ; )

I like it.

Plentiful healing spells just made life seem... well, too easy in most fantasy settings. You're supposed to be downtrodden, disease-ridden peasants, but every small-town church has a guy that can cure any affliction. Poisoning a king? Nah bro, he's friends with a cleric that can cast level four spells! Infection? Amputation? What are those?

jcod0.png

i love the idea, of Stamina, like as long as you have stamina you could try to defend and once you run out of it you are geting hit that sounds belibable. and then first your armor is geting hit, and then your body and thats where you get injuries and you die!

For some reason a 2 HP bars Amor/life and a Stamina for actions like atack and defense(dodge, block, perry etc.)

and example should be. a warrior is in front of 3 enemies, he is surounded and each time he attacks he consumes his stamina, and each time some atacks him he consumes stamina to dodge the atacks. a crit hit could be he cant dodge so he consumes the stamina for trying to dodge and he gets the damage to the armor. Once he runs out of stamina he is cant fight back or dodge so he get hit till armor brakes and then his dodie is destroyed so he dies!

Mages because they usualy dont use Amor they cant dodge they are in big trouble.

And it later levels. a Warrior can consume less stamina for dodging and can perry and ripose, and all kind of coll stuff, etc.