good and bad from Arcanum

best features of Arcanum (what you want to see in Project Eternity)  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite feature from Arcanum, that you would like to see translated into Project Eternity?

• Merchants with variable inventories and re-stocking.
    • Awesome backgrounds that really customized your character.
    • How skills progressed- with trainers AND skill points.
    • How pickpocketing worked, where you could target specific items.
    • The map travel method.
    • The sheer scope of the dialogue possibilities and subjects.
    • The impact of race on how you were reacted to and treated in the game.
    • Being able to find recipes/schematics that were rare, and made items available that would otherwise not be available if you didn't construct them yourself.
    • The amount of things you could do that had nothing to do with the main storyline.
    • Other. Please respond with what it is in the thread.

It's possible they had him go ahead and finish his playthrough, and they'll cut them up and edit them to release the rest of it to us in episodic format.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

He talked about it recently, in an interview (Chris did). He was saying that he really wanted to both fulfill the sheer "I'll totally play through this game, just because people want me to, and because it'll be fun times with the Let's Play recording and all and my shenanigans" aspect of it, AND put the playthrough to more constructive use by providing his commentary on the game's design.

He did hint at a couple of possibilities:

A) The idea that he might be actually done with playing through it, and that they'r simply editing all the footage up into segments for us to watch the rest of it, and...

B) That he MAY do some kind of supplemental video (even if it's just commentary on his own Let's Play footage) in which he's mainly constructive instead of just goofily playing the fame for funsies and for the fans' entertainment.

*shrug*

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

He talked about it recently, in an interview (Chris did). He was saying that he really wanted to both fulfill the sheer "I'll totally play through this game, just because people want me to, and because it'll be fun times with the Let's Play recording and all and my shenanigans" aspect of it, AND put the playthrough to more constructive use by providing his commentary on the game's design.

He did hint at a couple of possibilities:

A) The idea that he might be actually done with playing through it, and that they'r simply editing all the footage up into segments for us to watch the rest of it, and...

B) That he MAY do some kind of supplemental video (even if it's just commentary on his own Let's Play footage) in which he's mainly constructive instead of just goofily playing the fame for funsies and for the fans' entertainment.

*shrug*

that would be something to see, i do like his comments and watching him tackle things for the first time as a game developer.  definitely more entertaining than him reading the manual.

• Like 1