Second stronghold, with a very different style / feel / mechanic to the first one. Probably a 3.7M / 3.8M goal, but chosing which stronghold to take over would be a significant player choice and could fit into the story (e.g. isolated castle vs thieves guild or merchant compound in the middle of a city).

As for furries, it would be silly not to include them, because the furry demographic has nontrivial spending power. :)

The goal for the player party is to exorcise the restless souls (literally -- because it's Project Eternity and souls is a thing, r00fles!) from the mansions. There should be several solutions, for example: a) Solve a mystery surrounding the mansion and put the souls at ease, b) Kill everything, c) ... Burn it to the ground?

My PnP roleplaying experience has shown me that I'm great at burning plot-relevant mansions to the ground. :D

For $3,6m they can turn the game into a shooter and name it "Call of Eternity"

...Not sure if Call of Duty or Call of Cthulhu reference. :p

Something stirs within...

Chris Avellone thinks that "3.6 Mil. stretch goal - Chris plays Arcanum for the first time" is a good idea.

;)

I could live with that. But he must do it on UStream (and record it).

It would also plant the seed for an Arcanum spiritual successor in CA's mind.

Imagine a game that combined the best of Arcanum and PST.

well... they would still have to fix the combat...

add ToEE combat to the mix for the greater good!

Edited by hideo kuze

Remove romances.

Ò_Ó

A stretch goal... to remove something that it's already in the game? no one forces you to participate on it, you can usually decline romance interests in one single conversation with the companion/NPC

I love all the speculating (I wouldn't be in this thread reading if I didn't) but I'm incredibly impressed with all the stretch goals that Obsidian has come up with so far (honestly, there has only been one I wasn't excited about).

Since they indicated this weekend that they already had a Tuesday morning final 12 hours stretch goal in mind, I'm looking forward to what it is. Hopefully the price-point will be attainable... we'll make $3.5M, but I'm not sure how much more we can colllectively transmute beyond that.

I'm in the crowd of people who want extra dungeon levels/100k. We're currently on track to get 13, and obsidian said then initially wanted 15.

I also think we should get an extra level for 50k likes underneath the KS video - it's so close, and we'll never make the 40k likes on the obsidian page goal.

• Like 1

This is madness. And cats. And Chris playing Arcanum. With cats.

I'm already totally fine with existing amount of classes and teammates. And there is surely enough of 'stone' locations (aka dungeons and cities) for me.

What about some expedition quest line? Fire camps under open sky, wild aggressive stuff and pioneering.

BTW Will be there day/nigh cycle and weather? If not, this could be another stretch goal.

Just add even more choices/relationships/consequences between the various factions, npcs, and related quests then already planned..

Really ramp up the basis for how different things fall out as the player acts in different ways.... :shifty:

Of course, that just adds silly levels of difficulty to how expansion packs and potentially follow-on games react to choices made. Thus, serious stretch goal for that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

A lot of content I wanted has already been added. I actually wouldn't mind more money for the music, or some additional voice acting for the major characters (alternatively, semi-major villains such as bosses of larger quests). I also wouldn't be opposed to additional QA. Too bad one of this is sexy enough for a stretch goal in the closing hours of the kickstarter.

Ships, I want C1500s European caravels, Levantine dhows and galleys and Imperial Chinese style mega-junks.

Plus with wooden ships, you get honest to god pirates who say "aaarhh" and "matey"!

Seriously, who wouldn't like travelling the shores of the world of Eternity in an old-fashioned three masted boat?

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

3.6m: Buy a limo for George Ziets

Seriously? Pets. For the house and the stronghold (Even if I wodner if the house will be made then). They could be add some good atmosphere, appeal to pets lovers, bring on some stats and even be trained as party companions if the player wish so.

Edited by Auxilius

I support the idea of lots of cats!

The only thing I can think of that I'd really like would be 2 more cats companions. Though I do think it would be a shame if they can't get to the 15 mega cats dungeon levels that they have in mind.

3.6m goal: All backers are mentioned by name in various books throughout the game. Call the books, Census of Aedyr: 2500 AI (that puts it far back enough in the games history to avoid meeting anyone in particular).

If 66k+ names are too much for books in the game it could also be an interactive book, like you click on it and get a dialog screen, to view A-D, C-F etc and then branches to narrow down to your name.

Edited by Rabain
  • Like 2

They should probably not waste time with a 3.6 million stretch goal since we'll probably be past it by the time Adam and Josh wake up this morning. lol

They should set their sites at one final stretch goal... at 4 million and IMO it should be quest based. It'd be pretty cool to get major questlines for each one of the avaliable character classes.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

3.6m goal: All backers are mentioned by name in various books throughout the game. Call the books, Census of Aedyr: 2500 AI (that puts it far back enough in the games history to avoid meeting anyone in particular).

If 66k+ names are too much for books in the game it could also be an interactive book, like you click on it and get a dialog screen, to view A-D, C-F etc and then branches to narrow down to your name.

That seems like a big waste of time and resources to me. We already have memorial stones for those who wish to leave a small mark on the game.

• Like 1