3.6 Million: We'll make the game better.

So simple.

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

6 races (human, dwarf, elf, orlan, aumaua, godlike race)

11 classes (fighters, priests, rogues, wizards, rangers, monks, druids, barbarians, ciphers, paladins, chanters)

8 companions

Hi guys, sorry to go of the rails a bit here but please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the impression that Sawyer had previously stated that there would be a companion for every class and that adding a new class added a new companion by default. Is that not still the case?

Thought it over some more. A genuinely Evil path (note the capital letter). Of course, not the definition of evil most games use but a more lawful/neutral evil. You won't be able to wear an armor made from stitched together babies but you would be able to, for example, finish the warlock's demon summoning and use it to take over the city/kill that one guy/"defeat" it in the middle of town etc. Take over the local thieves guild and actually be able to act like a mob boss. Most awesome would be if you could actually change the game world eg: turning a town over to a necromancer/vampire coven and starting an undead nation.

Alternatively, strippers. The addition of an artificer class (specializes in making limited use items and golems. Can use pretty much any item in the game) would also please me. Or just make the game better.

• Like 2

The things I'd want to see, in order.

1. Bigger music budget (more music is ALWAYS my preference)

2. 'Wild Wasteland' style option to let the game go all-out in terms of funny stuff. I actually thought Fallout: NV didn't go far enough on that. The Low Int/Cha scripts are great, and I think this could be just as good if it's something of interest to the writers.

3. Mega-Dungeon level per 50/100k. Let's get 15 levels!

4. Another companion.

I wish for funny animal stories. Like Omaha the Cat Dancer. Get Ashtoreth Haas to make concept sketches.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

6 races (human, dwarf, elf, orlan, aumaua, godlike race)

11 classes (fighters, priests, rogues, wizards, rangers, monks, druids, barbarians, ciphers, paladins, chanters)

8 companions

Hi guys, sorry to go of the rails a bit here but please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the impression that Sawyer had previously stated that there would be a companion for every class and that adding a new class added a new companion by default. Is that not still the case?

You misunderstood. That isn't the case.

With the adventurous hall you'll be able to create your own party, but they are player characters like yourself (that is, no bantering, dialogs, etc).

In the third update they said something about at least as many companions as classes... I wonder if they still stick with this :D

That isn't the case. See above.

Right now we have 8 companions and 11 classes.

I really don't mind not having a 1-on-1 match.

But I would really enjoy having more companions. Ziets can write the new ones :)

As I said, that new big city must have some companions lurking around...

If not, well, I'm sure it will be used to make a better game.

I also wouldn't mind if it was invested on the music or voice acting.

Edited by hideo kuze

My stretch goal suggestion: $3.7M - Finishing Touches

At $3.7M (or some other amount set by Obsidian) they (significantly) increase the size of their internal QA team to ensure that the final product will be as bugfree and polished as possible.

• Like 4

At $3.7M (or some other amount set by Obsidian) they (significantly) increase the size of their internal QA team to ensure that the final product will be as bugfree and polished as possible.

possibly an unpopular opinion, but definitely one that will pay off in the long run and prevent butthurt on release day....i support htis course of action.

I really don't want Obsidian first fan funded game to come out buggy or half finished.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

possibly an unpopular opinion, but definitely one that will pay off in the long run and prevent butthurt on release day....i support htis course of action.

I'm convinced that they're aware of the buggy-ness (is that a word?) of some of their previous titles and will do their best to prevent this without it being a stretch goal. A lot is riding on this game for both them and us.

More companions. 8 companions is really really low number.

No to experimentation!

No to fixing that is not broken!

No to changes for the sake of change!

Do not forget basis of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Just put all your effort to story, fine-tuning and quality control.

4 mln or 4.5 mln stretch goal...

full voice overs like dragon age....

it enhances the game and makes it more immersive

It helps getting into the world...

They've already stated they won't do full voice overs since it's too expensive for this project, it limits the dialogue options and makes editing difficult for the writers. As for my personal opinion on full voice overs: burn it with fire! :fdevil: But that's just me :getlost: