I'm so confident that we'll pass the 3.5 level, that I think we need a 3.6 stretch goal.

Besides, everyone loves these threads, isn't that so? ;)

So, this is where we're currently at:

0f11f3bfa3f277f21f9ce8c8e79ac12e_large.jpg?1350069796

0365658c31a7aa72f17a4ad9ff15a04e_large.jpg?1350234926

(if you can't see the images that is because they were updated on the KS page, and I'm unable to edit this post)

6 races (human, dwarf, elf, orlan, aumaua, godlike race)

11 classes (fighters, priests, rogues, wizards, rangers, monks, druids, barbarians, ciphers, paladins, chanters)

8 companions

What I want for 3.6 millions is:

+2 companions

Come on... that 2nd big city needs to have some companions there :)

But I also wouldn't mind:

+1 companion, +1 race

I'd really like to have a playable demonic/reptilian race

Edited by hideo kuze

I think it's going to be very difficult to reach 3,5million. I'd like to be mistaken, but seems too much money to me.

If we reach it, I'd be perfectly happy with the game as it would be. Lots and lots of gameplay hours, enough different races and classes and, although eight may seem a quite small number of companions, don't forget you can create your own or customize the ones you get in the Adventurer's Hall. And don't forget an expansion is on the way, and it could add new races and/or classes.

I think the game is quite big and complex as it is, and it will be much bigger if we get the second big city, I don't think we need more races or classes. What I would like is a translation into Italian or Portuguese. Being a native Spanish speaker as I am, I completely sympathise with them.

• Like 1

I think it's going to be very difficult to reach 3,5million. I'd like to be mistaken, but seems too much money to me.

If we reach it, I'd be perfectly happy with the game as it would be. Lots and lots of gameplay hours, enough different races and classes and, although eight may seem a quite small number of companions, don't forget you can create your own or customize the ones you get in the Adventurer's Hall. And don't forget an expansion is on the way, and it could add new races and/or classes.

I think the game is quite big and complex as it is, and it will be much bigger if we get the second big city, I don't think we need more races or classes. What I would like is a translation into Italian or Portuguese. Being a native Spanish speaker as I am, I completely sympathise with them.

It's impossible to translate to each language.

I'm not a native speaker and I prefer english.

Cats, millions of cats!

Or just a new race (preferably cats)

If IWD2 taught us anything is... dead cats :p

It's impossible to translate to each language.

I'm not a native speaker and I prefer english.

I know it's impossible to translate the game to each language, but Italian is a language spoken by more than 50 million people, it's not any language. Moreover, translating a game is an investment, it's not money spent in smoke and vapour. If you aren't a native English-speaker, you should sympathise with people who want the game translated into their own languages. I do, too, and I'm perfectly capable of playing and understanding it in English. It's a question of unselfishness, the way I see it.

Edited by Jesugandalf
  • Like 1

As much as I'd love to see more companions, additional companions means less depth to the current stable--it's an inverse relationship between quantity and quality. PS:T only had 7 companions compared to BG2's 18 or so, but they carried significantly more depth. Also, unlike programming which can be spread horizontally across different groups, I'm leery about spreading writing across different people. Avellone wrote PS:T all by himself. Now there's Ziets, so that can help, but either Feargus or Tim did say somewhere that it takes around 3 months for Avellone to write a character, or something like that. The workload increases linearly when it comes to writing companion content.

And now we have to consider what can be done with mods. There are certain things that are easier left to the modding community than added as a stretch goal. A toolset would be nice, but modders are quite capable in creating their own tools so long as the content data is kept transparent.

So I will vote for a full orchestra with rare period instruments (hurdy-gurdy!). :p

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

"What I want for 3.6 millions is:

+2 companions

Come on... that 2nd big city needs to have some companions there"

I would not eb surprised that aprt of the new city stretch goal is 1 or 2 companions to eb found in the big city.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mmmm some ideas for a 3.6 million stretchgoal:

1- Completely animated gargantuan monsters (if they haven't decided to include them already). Infinity engine dragons sucked.

2- More depth to the romance storylines (include marriage, adoption, more dialogue and so on).

3- Expand the crafting system. Add smithing, carpentery and tailoring. Let me build the furniture for my own stronghold!

4- More branches for the main storyline and more radically diversified endings. I know the developers are planning to give to us players a lot of freedom, but it's never enough!

5- Italian translation!

Edited by Rahelron
  • Like 3

As much as I'd love to see more companions, additional companions means less depth to the current stable--it's an inverse relationship between quantity and quality. PS:T only had 7 companions compared to BG2's 18 or so, but they carried significantly more depth. Also, unlike programming which can be spread horizontally across different groups, I'm leery about spreading writing across different people. Avellone wrote PS:T all by himself. Now there's Ziets, so that can help, but either Feargus or Tim did say somewhere that it takes around 3 months for Avellone to write a character, or something like that. The workload increases linearly when it comes to writing companion content.

Ziets can write the other 2 companions :)

How about we make the 3.6 stretch goal NOT to include Furrys. Jesus christ. :banghead:

Where was this confirmed? :(

Only include furries if they are sexy. The more the merrier just to see crybabies whine.

How would you feel if the dwarfs were completely bald and shaven?

You know, Sawyer said that 3.5 million is not enough for beard technology.

Cats, millions of cats!

Or just a new race (preferably cats)

If IWD2 taught us anything is... dead cats :p

I was really disappointed when I realized that the dead cat was far less talkative than Boo :mellow:

I just need 1-2 new companion~

But I wish it could be the 3.4M goal.

Edited by bronzepoem

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I have a feeling part of the reason the gap is so large between the stronghold and the second big city is that it may in fact already include some of these suggestions. Also, don't forget that the first expansion is already planned, and you want to leave them something to include in it. ;)

A haunted mansion story-driven dungeon. Perfect for a stretch goal in October ;)

Very side-questish and unique. It's all about telling a haunted house story.

The goal for the player party is to exorcise the restless souls (literally -- because it's Project Eternity and souls is a thing, r00fles!) from the mansions. There should be several solutions, for example: a) Solve a mystery surrounding the mansion and put the souls at ease, b) Kill everything, c) ... Burn it to the ground? There should be several different solutions, and most of them based on discoveries that you make though Skill Checks (search, dialogue, intelligence, etc.)

The closest thing already like this in a game would be the seaside hotel in Vampire the Masquerade. Relatively little combat, but a lot of story to discover.

"But how can you make it scary in isometric perspective?"

Spooky atmosphere knows no perspective. The environment could be foggy, dark, shadowy, with creaky sounds and crying violin music. There's no need for screamer-like scares. The story that is told through journals and notes etc. could be spooky in itself.

Combat is a pretty big part of Project Eternity. Like I've said, the mansion would be pretty unique in that it's mostly an "adventure game dungeon". But there should still be some combat, and encounters could be shambling undead in the cellars, invisible specters or ghost-like creatures that appear if you fail puzzles or disturb stuff, and maybe even some super-powerful undead (Lich?) locked up in the attic. They'll probably put some undead creatures in the game anyway ;)

So yeah. I just want to see some dungeons in PE that aren't all about hack n slash, and this is one of my favorite themes.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 1

Or a stretch goal that isn't an in-game thing...

Behind the scenes footage of the creation of Project Eternity (digital short video sent out to all backers). A few minutes going through the creation of a monster (modeling/texturing/animation), a few minutes on environments, a few minutes on writing and dialogue, a few minutes on the creation of music, etc.

It could be turbo-amateurish. Like, it could be Adam walking around the office with a phone cam for all I care. Just some behind-the-scenes stuff :)

EDIT: LOL just read the Kickstarter update.

Never mind :D

Edited by Zed