Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #23: Less than 50 Hours to Go! Documentary News, Playing Cards, and New Wallpaper!

project eternity update 23 documentary feargus urquhart playing cards reddit ustream wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Darth Trethon

Darth Trethon

Dark Lord of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:DarthTrethon
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Nice, the PE documentary will make a nice addition to my CE.....as will the playing cards i just updated my pledge for. All in all a simply amazing update. Very happy with it.

Valamyr

Valamyr

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
As of the 48 hours mark before the end of the Kickstarter, there's 3,1M collected on KS and nearly 90K on Paypal.

2 days, 310,000$ missing...

Can we get our big city??
*prays*

Hornet85

Hornet85

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm starting to believe that we may just make it. Fingers crossed

Sugarjaye

Sugarjaye

Petite Death of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Location:Valley of the Norther Rivers in the Land of Down Under
  • Kickstarter Backer
You know i've never had a problem importing/buying items from overseas before. Does Australia even have import taxes on things like this???

Darth Trethon

Darth Trethon

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

As of the 48 hours mark before the end of the Kickstarter, there's 3,1M collected on KS and nearly 90K on Paypal.

*prays*

That places us at ~3.2 mil and I'd say the second big city is looking very likely to happen to happen I think. Actually at this point I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Valamyr

Valamyr

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts

*prays*

That places us at ~3.2 mil and I'd say the second big city is looking very likely to happen to happen I think. Actually at this point I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

You may be actually right, this seems to be incrementing faster than the 1,000$-per-hour we need to generously bust this goal. But lets not jinx it: Act panicked and beg your friends, people! XD

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10970 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm sitting around worried that I'll have to lower my pledge for the longest time. We near the deadline and I see that I'm good for it.

Then they add playing cards. So I'm actually increasing... *sigh*

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5992 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Love the documentary.

Can't get the cards (digital tier, shipping just too costly, even without tax. And our mail service sucks nowadays :()

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3799 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
If Obsidian keeps their PayPal up another month or two it might reach the Big City as a secondary stretch goal (e.g., not prioritized). Otherwise they might be able to build a Big (but Small) City? :D

Darth Trethon

Darth Trethon

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

If Obsidian keeps their PayPal up another month or two it might reach the Big City as a secondary stretch goal (e.g., not prioritized). Otherwise they might be able to build a Big (but Small) City? :D

It'll reach it in the next couple of days....the kickstarter has raised between 100 and 150k for the past four consecutive days and the biggest spike is yet to come which is always the last two days. With paypal we are over 3.2 mil so yeah chances are very high that we'll see the 3.5 mil mark reached before the kickstarter ends.

Hell, I would not be surprised if we end up raising 300k in the last 24 hours alone.

We have also reached level 9 of the dungeon just a few seconds ago with 62500 backers on kickstarter.

Edited by Darth Trethon, 14 October 2012 - 06:44 PM.

• Osvir likes this

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Okay, it's official. I put in enough for two decks of cards. One for me and one for someone else. Well played, you glorious bastards! Well played!
  • gsalerno likes this

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

You know i've never had a problem importing/buying items from overseas before. Does Australia even have import taxes on things like this???

Over $1000 I think they do.

Firedorn

Firedorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Love the documentary and I'm stoked about the Stronghold. Thanks for the updates. Things are look more and more interesting every day!

Sugarjaye

Sugarjaye

Petite Death of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Location:Valley of the Norther Rivers in the Land of Down Under
  • Kickstarter Backer

Over $1000 I think they do.

Ahhh, that's probably why then. I don't think i've ever come close to that.

Valamyr

Valamyr

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
This is my first kickstarter, so out of curiosity, what happens if we get to 2014 and Obsidian is like "Eh, I know we made 3.5M but we ran out and cant do [half the stuff we promised]?

Is there a get-your-money-back mechanism?

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I believe you agree that your pledge is a donation. However, Obsidian entertainment has done several multi-million dollar titles, so it's just simply not feasible that they'll not make good on their promises. This isn't some fly by night company and Obsidian will have completely have destroyed their quite good reputation as an established business in the industry if they leave all of their backers in the dust. I don't think they'd get another contract from an established publisher again. That's my personal take. Maybe others have something to say.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Not quite. They have a legal obligation to follow through on their KS promises. You simply can'tt ake someone's money and promise x and return and not deliver. That's fraud. No matter how you weasel. It's also part of the KS sign up rules.

It's not a donation. A donation is soemthing you give with no expecations of return. When you give money to a KS campaign like this you are paying for stuff. That's why there are different tiers - to entice you to pony up. Afterall, how many people upped the money they give solely to have access to an expansion tier? Probably quite a few.

One KS fellow alreayd got into trouble and lost a summary judgement when he forfeited and order to pay up. but, he had multiple non KS debts as well, and filed for bankruptcy so he has no money whatsoever.

Once the KS is officially over and completed (and they already passed their initial goal so that is a foregone conclusion) they have to do their upmost best to follow through on their legal obligations or face the wrath of the legal system.

That said, this is a professional company with their professional reputation and life on the line. I don't see them taking the money and running. Thi isn't some rinky dinky operation. That's why I ponied up money. I don't expect them to screw things up to sucha horrible degree.

There is a reason why fraud laws exist. :)

Edited by Volourn, 14 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
...And I take it that Vol knows what he's talking about more than I do. :Cant's tip of the hat icon: One way or the other, I don't think they'll renege on their promises.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Eh. I'm no lawyer but ti doesn't take much to figure that promising x in exchange for money and reneging on x is tantamount to fraud. And, like I said, there's also prior KS hsitory backing it up as well. If I bothered I'd find the link to that. Then KS's own warning when you go to create your KS campaign also reminds you of your legal obligations. Of coruse, most people aren't going to track down a lawyer for a lousy $100 but there is a way to deal with that enmasse. But if you are giving bigger amounts (like $10k) you aren't gonna justa ccept that as a 'loss'.

Afterall, Cant could start a KS and ask for a reasonable amount for whatever, get the money b/c he's a cool ddue and run off. Law would say not so fast, dude, that's fraud and theft. Time to pay up. Just sayin'.
  • Cantousent likes this

Rautakoura

Rautakoura

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
hmm... Shouldn't it be 9 levels of the megadungeon now?

50000 -> 3 levels
52500 -> 4 levels
55000 -> 5 levels
57500 -> 6 levels
60000 -> 7 levels
62500 -> 8 levels
facebook -> 9 levels

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project eternity, update 23, documentary, feargus urquhart, playing cards, reddit, ustream, wallpaper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users