Update #23: Less than 50 Hours to Go! Documentary News, Playing Cards, and New Wallpaper!

We’ve hit the $3M mark now on Project Eternity and it’s on to add another Big, Big City to the game! We have less than 50 hours to go before the Kickstarter ends!

Before we announce some new stuff, some quick housekeeping is in order. If you are looking to add anything on to your pledge, check out our Project Eternity Add-On List page. This includes instructions on how to add on other options, as well as what our current offerings are.

Also to reduce some confusion in finding what each tier contains (we’re no longer able to update some of our posts on the Kickstarter site), we have a comprehensive list of the Project Eternity Reward Tiers up as well over on our Tumblr site.

Two last items, we’re hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) tomorrow on reddit. A number of Project Eternity staffers will be on hand at 10 AM PDT / 1 PM ET to answer your questions about the game! Then at 5 PM PDT / 8 ET, watch us on Ustream play some D&D in the studio!

Project Eternity the Documentary

The big news for the day is that we are adding a documentary covering the development of Project Eternity.

After getting a lot of requests to do a documentary, like the Double Fine Adventure, we started looking into it a couple of weeks ago. We talked about it more last week and decided that we don’t have a visual history of one of our games, even after almost ten years as a company. We felt it was something we should just do and do it without it being a new stretch goal.

So, we are happy to announce that we are going to include a stream, download, or physical copy of the documentary in all of our Kickstarter reward tiers. At the $20/$25 level you will be able to stream it, at the $35 level you will be able to download it, and at the $140 level (and physical tiers above) we will include a DVD / Blu-ray.

PE-DocumentaryOptions.jpg

We are not going to use the Kickstarter funding to do this however, since this is something we decided to do anyway. To us, it is a thank you to all of you for supporting us over the last month in making Project Eternity a reality and a historical record for everyone at Obsidian as well.

Project Eternity Playing Cards Add-On

As a fun new add-on for Sunday, we are now offering Project Eternity playing cards for $10. Designed by Scott Everts, one of our longtime technical artists who worked on Black Isle’s Infinity Engine games, and does a lot of work on board games, he designed this beautiful set which will feature characters and maybe critters (Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful anyone?) from Project Eternity. Check out the Project Eternity Add-On List on how to add-on items to your pledge. (Please note: Playing Cards only available to tiers including physical items. For digital tier folks, we’ll hopefully sell these as a future store offering.)

PE-AddOn-Cards.jpg

New Wallpaper

Last, but not least, we’ve received a lot of great feedback on the concept art for some of our first key characters. So here is a new wallpaper with each of the characters that we have released so far. Might we be releasing more art soon? Stay tuned…

wallpaper002-640x400.jpg

1920x1080 | 1920x1200

Tomorrow, we will be updating everyone with a schedule for Tuesday and another fun add-on. Oh and we have some plans for a crazy new reward tier for Tuesday morning.

Thanks everyone!

Update by Feargus Urquhart

Like us on Facebook! Next goal is 40,000 likes for another Mega Dungeon level. We're also on Twitter: @Obsidian. We announce ongoing PayPal figures there too.

• Like 4

Um, plz can have Sagani concept art in Polina style too? Thx. :)

Ooh, more stuff... Documentary I like. Cards...... I could give as a gift.

Edit: Also, I love that Edair's skeptical/wary look is directed at Aloth's direction. HA!

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Aw well, I guess I'll have to add enough for a couple of packs of cards. The funny thing is, while I've been thinking of stuff to gift folks, I'm going to keep a pack of those cards for myself, damn it. lol

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Another good update! Documentary is a nice bonus, and I'm sure the cards will be awesome too.

Just wish I wasn't in the UK, I'd love to go for a physical tier but don't want to get stung by import taxes...

**** hadn't thought about that!

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

My apologies on them being stated here as companions - that should have read "key characters'. Editing now!

They were (almost) stated as companions in the update #15:

we wanted to give you a piece of art to show you examples of characters you may encounter (and adventure with) in Project Eternity

That's what I thought! Aren't they all slated companions? :blink: I mean, it's officially stated in an update and all...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

YES! Hurray for the documentary! I was really looking forward to it :dancing:

Also, please record the ustream!

Not everyone is able to watch it live.

hhhhmmmmhggggrrrrr.... you still haven't fixed Forton or what's his name! >_<:bat:

(explanation here)

Edited by hideo kuze

Another good update! Documentary is a nice bonus, and I'm sure the cards will be awesome too.

Just wish I wasn't in the UK, I'd love to go for a physical tier but don't want to get stung by import taxes...

You can use services like "viaddress.com" for receiving goods in USA and then from there ship to europe. When you ship you can declare any value for the goods....

The documentary is a really generous idea. Love the cards too, going to get a few of those.

Oh, and I''d echo Hideo Kuze's sentiment about please record the D&D session, etc, as that's going to be pretty late in my time zone.

Edited by Clammo