Update #23: Less than 50 Hours to Go! Documentary News, Playing Cards, and New Wallpaper!

Great update! Tempted to put $10 more for those playing cards..

Another good update! Documentary is a nice bonus, and I'm sure the cards will be awesome too.

Just wish I wasn't in the UK, I'd love to go for a physical tier but don't want to get stung by import taxes...

You can use services like "viaddress.com" for receiving goods in USA and then from there ship to europe. When you ship you can declare any value for the goods....

Huh, might have to check that viaddress out. Thanks!

Edited by Apatia

Awesome, I get a documentary :D!

I am with everyone who wants you to record the DnD session! I won't be able to watch much of it live :(.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Great update, the documentary's gonna be fantastic, can't wait too see it.

I do love me some playing cards, but since y'all said you'd announce another reward tier and add on on Tuesday ill wait till then, and probably get them anyway.

We can definitely hit that $3.5 million mark! Onwards and upwards! :w00t:

"Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves."

"Simon! Let's see you grit those teeth!"

Another good update! Documentary is a nice bonus, and I'm sure the cards will be awesome too.

Just wish I wasn't in the UK, I'd love to go for a physical tier but don't want to get stung by import taxes...

You can use services like "viaddress.com" for receiving goods in USA and then from there ship to europe. When you ship you can declare any value for the goods....

wow!

is this legit?

how much would you pay for one package?

I'm sure there are a LOT of backers that are not in US and would like to use something like this if it's legal and solves the customs issue.

If Obsidian could look into this... it would make possible for a LOT of backers to raise their pledges a bit more.

Edited by hideo kuze

wow!

is this legit?

It's not legit to declare a value lower than the actual value of the contents. You'll only run into problems if your package gets inspected.
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Playing cards, my one weakness...

Nice update, both the documentary and the cards were what I had asked for. Question is are the cards already included in any of the existing tiers? I did not see a mention of this.

Sounds like they're exclusively an add-on.

Edited by Parhelion13

So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

For those like myself wondering about VAT and import taxes, it was asked on the Kickstarter comments. Looks like it'll be less than we were expecting.

Ok here's what Feargus had to say about what value they are going to put for international shipping declarations.

QuiZZer on September 20

... I'm certain I'll end up upping my pledge again, that CE box is just soooo tempting...

Though how will you do with handle VAT charges for International shipping?

Will you put the "true" cost of the product as opposed to the donated amount as value?

If you do... I'll have to up my pledge =)

I'd love paying you more, not so keen on paying my government more

Answer -

Creator Obsidian Entertainment on September 20

@QuiZZer That box won't be sold at retail, so we will just be putting in our cost.

Edited by Clammo
  • Like 2

Now that I think about it, seeing that we have more than 65K backers, if every one puts in the extra $10 for the playing cards, we will arrive at our final stretch goal of 3.5 million. Very tempted now to put in a bit more and we will see our second big city!

I never thought about taxes either...

here's the thing, in Germany you have to go to the customs and pick up your package. They ask for a receipt/document with the selling price on it to calculate taxes.

How are we going to be able to prove the price? Will Obsidian include a receipt or send us one by mail?

This could be a bit difficult seeing as it is not a buy/sell transaction really. Does anyone have experience with this?

• Like 1

wow!

is this legit?

how much would you pay for one package?

I'm sure there are a LOT of backers that are not in US and would like to use something like this if it's legal and solves the customs issue.

If Obsidian could look into this... it would make possible for a LOT of backers to raise their pledges a bit more.

You misunderstand the concept slightly - it's something you alone set up, for the sender it makes no difference in what they do. You sign up for an account at a mail forwarder (like the aforementioned viaddress, or one of many others such as shipito, comgateway and hopshopgo), they provide you with an address, which will be their warehouse in the US (ideally in a state where sales tax won't be charged) and receive the delivery on your behalf. As far as Obsidian are concerned, that's where you live. The forwarding company then sticks that in another box and sends it off to your real address for the cost of shipping (weight and volume based) plus their cut.

If you take this route, remember to take off the shipping part of your pledge from Kickstarter.

Generally I only use a forwarding service to get around delivery restrictions - many stores won't ship certain items, or indeed anything at all to Australia. But it's very rare to find the case where the forwarding will come out cheaper than the original vendor's shipping charge.

EDIT: Motivations to import in other countries vary of course - Australia has a very generous limit of $1000AUD before any tax/duty/charges are applied to imports. For those Brits who've never imported outside the EU before, my understanding is that the corresponding threshold is a mere 15GBP (40GBP for gifts). For any import valued at 15.01GBP and above, you're hit with VAT, plus a flat 8 quid admin fee. Above 135GBP and customs duties are also charged, though I don't know the detail or the rate - this may or may not be an issue for those pledging at at $250 tier and above depending on how the shipment value is stated.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I never thought about taxes either...

here's the thing, in Germany you have to go to the customs and pick up your package. They ask for a receipt/document with the selling price on it to calculate taxes.

How are we going to be able to prove the price? Will Obsidian include a receipt or send us one by mail?

This could be a bit difficult seeing as it is not a buy/sell transaction really. Does anyone have experience with this?

want to know that as well...

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

You know i've never had a problem importing/buying items from overseas before. Does Australia even have import taxes on things like this???

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

As of the 48 hours mark before the end of the Kickstarter, there's 3,1M collected on KS and nearly 90K on Paypal.

2 days, 310,000$ missing...

Can we get our big city??

*prays*

That places us at ~3.2 mil and I'd say the second big city is looking very likely to happen to happen I think. Actually at this point I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

1zq6793.jpg

As of the 48 hours mark before the end of the Kickstarter, there's 3,1M collected on KS and nearly 90K on Paypal.

2 days, 310,000$ missing...

Can we get our big city??

*prays*

That places us at ~3.2 mil and I'd say the second big city is looking very likely to happen to happen I think. Actually at this point I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

You may be actually right, this seems to be incrementing faster than the 1,000$-per-hour we need to generously bust this goal. But lets not jinx it: Act panicked and beg your friends, people! XD

I'm sitting around worried that I'll have to lower my pledge for the longest time. We near the deadline and I see that I'm good for it.

Then they add playing cards. So I'm actually increasing... *sigh*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Love the documentary.

Can't get the cards (digital tier, shipping just too costly, even without tax. And our mail service sucks nowadays :()

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If Obsidian keeps their PayPal up another month or two it might reach the Big City as a secondary stretch goal (e.g., not prioritized). Otherwise they might be able to build a Big (but Small) City? :D

It'll reach it in the next couple of days....the kickstarter has raised between 100 and 150k for the past four consecutive days and the biggest spike is yet to come which is always the last two days. With paypal we are over 3.2 mil so yeah chances are very high that we'll see the 3.5 mil mark reached before the kickstarter ends.

Hell, I would not be surprised if we end up raising 300k in the last 24 hours alone.

We have also reached level 9 of the dungeon just a few seconds ago with 62500 backers on kickstarter.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 1

1zq6793.jpg