Replaying Neverwinter Nights 2...

damage99

I never did finish it the first time through so looking forward to the story.

What Obsidian game are YOU replaying?

Make sure you continue the playthrough into Mask of the Betrayer, the game is incomplete without it and it's really good.

I, myself have never actually played Planescape. Not being able to play as a female has usually deterred me but I know I'm missing out, so I plan on giving it a try soon.

• Like 1

The ending to the NWN2 OC was too much of a pointless grind with no opportunity to rest or gather supplies. I stopped wasting my time about 2/3 the way through.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I never did finish it the first time through so looking forward to the story.

What Obsidian game are YOU replaying?

Make sure you continue the playthrough into Mask of the Betrayer, the game is incomplete without it and it's really good.

I, myself have never actually played Planescape. Not being able to play as a female has usually deterred me but I know I'm missing out, so I plan on giving it a try soon.

Thanks for the tip. I have MotB so I'll definitely be playing that too.

Dabbled in IWD2 a bit but I'll give it up soon.

Then started a new ToEE try with a party of two (paladin/cleric + Fighter/Rogue/Wizard), I probably wont finish it but might.

Also another go with BG2, thinking of going with a singe companion or two at most.

Oh, and I started Arcanum (again) last week but just cant get into it.

The second try, the first I abandoned in about 15 minutes.

Edited by Jarmo
  • Like 1

Judging from the internet, I seem to be one of the few people who actually liked NWN 2, although I admit that MotB is the more memorable of the two (and definitely the most epic).

Anyway, I'm not technically playing any Obsidian games at the moment, but I am in the process of replaying Icewind Dale (which is more-or-less Obsidian). It was never one of my favorite IE games back in the day, but P:E inspired me to give it another try. So far I've been liking it a lot better this time through.

• Like 2

Oh, if that is the only thing keeping you from playing this game then you MUST play Planescape. This game is in so many ways better than any Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights game ever could hope to be. The story, the characters, the freaking places you'll get to. I still remember the "brothel of slating intellectual lusts" very fondly. One of the coolest ideas in the whole Forgotten Realms universe.

Yay, my badge :3

Have started a game in IWD2 as I never finished it (prefer story+dialogue instead of tons of combat)

Also installed NWN2, but I'm currently too annoyed that the quick save key can't be changed so I don't play it currently. (playing my old pc version on the mac, f12 = volume up right now, not good)

Not Obsidian, but I'm replaying Baldurs Gate 2 right now.

I'm taking forever to get out of the first level because I started reading all the books in that library, which is putting the rest of the game on hold.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I actually just finished my first playthrough of Planescape:Torment thanks to this project. I don't know why but other than the trailer clip in BG, I never heard anyone talking about the game. It was really great. I'd recomend it, Savy. I'm already planing on going back and finishing the game with the other two companions I didn't have room for.

• Like 1

almost finished BG1, BG2 (don't really count) then both Icewind Dales, then PS:T, and then if I can get it running NWN2. I'm hoping that can last until PE actually comes out, in addition to like Assassin's creed and other games that come out.

"Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves."

"Simon! Let's see you grit those teeth!"

I'm trying to finish a simultaneous run of Torment and the Baldur's Gate games (about 75% of the way through BG1 and 15% of the way through Torment), but I found myself really reminiscing about Mask of the Betrayer when George Ziets was added back to the team ... All I can say is thank god there's a year and a half between now and Project Eternity ... which still doesn't relieve me of my desire to play new games like Dishonored and X-Com (and replay Arcanum, the Fallouts (1,2 and New Vegas) Temple of Elemental Evil and the Icewind Dale games)

First world problems.

Nwn2 at old owl well. I think right after that it gets good. If I remember right.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The OC for NWN2 really dragged in the first act which always made additional playthroughs kind of tough for me. After MoTB was released it did make me want to replay it, just so I could have a fully developed character from the first game and not just a "twink" that you auto-level.

Oh, if that is the only thing keeping you from playing this game then you MUST play Planescape. This game is in so many ways better than any Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights game ever could hope to be. The story, the characters, the freaking places you'll get to. I still remember the "brothel of slating intellectual lusts" very fondly. One of the coolest ideas in the whole Forgotten Realms universe.

Oh I know, Obsidian gave me some of my fondest video game memories. I did watch a video of the game opening once, and had a rather shallow "That's who the main character is?! EW!" reaction to the Nameless One. Now that I'm older and wiser I won't be so foolish, but I do always get a bit thrown when an RPG doesn't let me fully create the character I'm supposed to be RP'ing.

Edited by Savvy30039

I keep meaning to play through Mask of the Betrayer, but the camera annoyances keep getting to me, and I feel as though I ought to replay Neverwinter Nights 2 before I do it. Perhaps I'll finally start that replay in the next day or two. I also keep meaning to play through the whole Fallout series, but alas, I haven't the time for it right now -- hopefully soon.

I've fairly recently replayed both Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale II, but I've been feeling the urge to play them both again in the last few days. If only I had more free time, I would be doing so.

Oh I know, Obsidian gave me some of my fondest video game memories. I did watch a video of the game opening once, and had a rather shallow "That's who the main character is?! EW!" reaction to the Nameless One. Now that I'm older and wiser I won't be so foolish, but I do always get a bit thrown when an RPG doesn't let me fully create the character I'm supposed to be RP'ing.

So do I. Planescape: Torment thus far remains the only RPG I've played where you can't fully create the character that I've liked, and is also one of my favourite games. For me, at least, it's just good enough that I don't find myself minding that in its case -- although it does mean that I don't replay it anywhere near as often as I do most of my other favourite games.

• Like 1

knightofchaoss.jpg