After completion kickstarter

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking. Are you asking if money donated through systems other than Kickstarter (i.e. Paypal) will count towards the stretch goals? I believe that money donated through Paypal will be counted towards the stretch goals. So, if we raise $3,420,000 through Kickstarter and $80,000 through Paypal the total would be 3.5 million, and we'd get the second big city.

• Like 2

Sorry for my bad English. =)

I mean after closing kitskstarter. Opportunities will continue to open new dopoleniniya, such as through Paypal. Or through the 51 hours, the money for the project will not be send?

Hope to understand =) As said, my English is bad.

Ps And also after time, facebook meter (underground) too close?

It's possible they'll keep the Paypal running after the Kickstarter campaign is done, although they'll likely have different rewards available.

As for adding dungeon levels through Facebook (I hope this is what you mean), they've said that once the Kickstarter is over, they'll stop adding to the dungeon. So if we're short of 40,000 on Facebook nothing more will be added from that (although we're still going strong with backer numbers).

• Like 1

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melodlic/Doom Metal

paypal option will be available for some time after kickstarter campaing ends

• Like 1

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

I mean after closing kitskstarter. Opportunities will continue to open new dopoleniniya, such as through Paypal. Or through the 51 hours, the money for the project will not be send?

I can answer one of those questions that I understood. I believe we can expect a minimum 30,000 loss due to insufficient funds or people backing out last minute.

Oh he was asking if his money will be sent if he donates after the KS, so yeah I didn't understand that at all :p

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

paypal option will be available for some time after kickstarter campaing ends

I can answer one of those questions that I understood. I believe we can expect a minimum 30,000 loss due to insufficient funds or people backing out last minute.

Oh he was asking if his money will be sent if he donates after the KS, so yeah I didn't understand that at all :p

Thank you for telling, you're both right =)

After kickstarter is over there will most probably still be the possibilty to pay through paypal (since this project usually "learns" from wasteland 2 project), but you can expect the price to be higher with 5-10 $ and most probably there will only be very limited tiers available (so not all the things you can buy now) like game, expansion pack and collectors edition. This money will not count to stretch goals, just like more likes on facebook probably will not grant another level of the dungeon.

I am not sure if this money that they have as income after kickstarter will be used to invest in the game, but I would think that this isn't the case and that they plan on financing the addon with it.

Edited by Rink
  • Like 1

It's possible they'll keep the Paypal running after the Kickstarter campaign is done, although they'll likely have different rewards available.

As for adding dungeon levels through Facebook (I hope this is what you mean), they've said that once the Kickstarter is over, they'll stop adding to the dungeon. So if we're short of 40,000 on Facebook nothing more will be added from that (although we're still going strong with backer numbers).

Yes, thanks, that about facebook explained. You must try to collect 40 thousand. But how?!??!?!??

A 45.806 does not count go? That page kickstarter under the video.

Unfortunately they cant link their site to facebook because it's a corporation so the only likes that count are the ones directly on facebook.

• Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Yeah, it's too bad they're paying attention to the likes for the Obsidian account instead of the Kickstarter, or else we'd see giant-statue-guy's sandals by now.

Totally agree =)

Maybe they will change their current opinion and will consider the 44 instead of the 22, that would be joy in people =) Just a sea of ​​positive =)

A 10-level dungeon, if the levels are deep and complex enough (I don't see why they shouldn't be) is a very, very good dungeon in terms of hours of gameplay.

For example, consider Legend of Grimrock. It's a whole game taking place in a dungeon that has "twelve and a half" levels, and it has around 10-15 hours of gameplay. If we have a deep 10-level Endless Paths, it would surely add at least 10 gameplay hours, and that would be just part of the game. In fact, I think that a too big Endless Paths dungeon of, say, 14 or 15 levels, could be, to many players, too deep, too challenging and/or too long to get to the bottom. And that is not the spirit of the dungeon I guess.

• Like 1

A 10-level dungeon, if the levels are deep and complex enough (I don't see why they shouldn't be) is a very, very good dungeon in terms of hours of gameplay.

For example, consider Legend of Grimrock. It's a whole game taking place in a dungeon that has "twelve and a half" levels, and it has around 10-15 hours of gameplay. If we have a deep 10-level Endless Paths, it would surely add at least 10 gameplay hours, and that would be just part of the game. In fact, I think that a too big Endless Paths dungeon of, say, 14 or 15 levels, could be, to many players, too deep, too challenging and/or too long to get to the bottom. And that is not the spirit of the dungeon I guess.

I guess you're right. =)

We're not getting to 40,000 by the time the Kickstarter ends, that's for sure.

What I do think would be a cool thing for Obsidian to do though, would be to let us add one more level to the dungeon if we can get up to 40k likes at any stage. It would keep the excitement up for a period of time after the kickstarter ends and keep a buzz in the community. I don't believe we're going to get near 40,000 any time soon so it would be a fun project.

For Obsidian, it would keep people interested in their game, get good publicity, and let's face it, one extra level is not that big a deal when it's already going to be over 10 levels deep.

Edited by Shoeless Joe Jackson