Which tier did you choose?

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I pledged $35 at the beginning (before the $50 tier was even introduced), but that was just a placeholder pledge to get the update emails and such. Given all of the goodies in the $50 tier, I definitely plan to go at least that high. In addition, I would like to give a copy to my sister who loved Baldur's Gate 2, but hasn't played these games since. So that's basically the $80 tier (well, I could do $75, I suppose, but the difference is small and I would rather not bother with the ambiguity).

Now comes the problem: once I am at $80, it's only $30 to the $110 tier. That gets my name into the credits and a nice badge for the forum which I kind of like (there's also the beta access, but I don't care too much about that). And if I do pay $110, it's only $55 to the $165 tier which is a pretty reasonable price for Wasteland 2, the first expansion and an audio-book (yes, they're probably somewhat cheaper separately... but not much).

So $165 seems like a good deal, but it's more than twice $80 and it's more than I planned to spend on this. I'm curious, which tier did other people here choose? Any ideas or advice or arguments for a specific tier?

$140 + 20 for expansion. The actual content, like beta access, is the most important to me, and Cloth Map, Collector's Box and Badge are minor factors as well. I really don't care about most of the other goodies, and I already have W2.

I'd have gone 165 if I'm outside the US, yes.

I've pledged 25$, it's all I can afford.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Uh, it comes down to both what you can afford and what you really value in each tier. Asking someone else for their personal evaluation of priorities in a tier probably isn't going to be all that helpful for you... You're experiencing that sort of rolling enthusiasm that the retail industry likes, anyway. :p

It's not about a "good deal." Can you pledge that much and want most of the things (or really want just one thing at the tier)? Will you regret it?

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

$165. I didn't want to put money towards shipping costs, so thought going digital only would be best. Loved the idea of a Wasteland 2 addition and the first expansion. Can't bring myself to go further for a game, though, as much as I'd like to do so. Money needs to be spread out a bit. It's worth the $165 to have some good people build a game in a style I love.

• Like 1

140 bucks (sucker for physical goodies), plus 20 for expansion and 20 for international shipping. So 180 bucks all-together... Which is way more than I should pay at the moment considering my budget but eh, sometimes it just has to be worth it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

110 +20 for expansion and +8 for the Obsidian Order. I already have Wasteland 2 and I don't have enough interest for the physical goods to pay the shipping and the possible import costs so a special edition + expansion sounds about right for me.

I'd suggest looking at your own capabilites and how much you're willing to skimp. It'll do no good to anyone if you pledge your last few dollars and find that now you can't afford food. I'm cutting partying and such for this, as an example.

I stated a long time ago I love boxes, so in the end i'll be doing the 250 dollar tier. I'll get everything I could possibly want with that amount of money.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I....pledged way more than my rational brain said I should, but so far have resisted pledging as much as my emotional brain wants. That troll tier has been tempting me all day, however. Sigh.

Way I look at it:

--how much can you afford? (either lump sum or spread out over a few CC payments if you have one etc.)

--how much are the rewards really worth to you vs. how much support you want to give?

--how much would make your spouse murder and bury you in the basement? ;)

It can be pretty easy to talk yourself up higher and higher (the "And if I do pay $110, it's only $55 to the $165 tier" line of thought)...one just needs to be careful not to talk yourself into doing something you might regret financially later.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm customizing my own character. I also pledged to a community inn. I might or might not be crazy.

Nah, you are not crazy, If you can afford it and you like the rewards it's all good...

or maybe I'm trying to justify to myself going for the 500 pledge, based solely on feelings of gratitude for some of the games that Obsidian have made.

• Like 1

I guess I was a little miserly and just pledged $65 for the boxed copy; normally I'd wait to see the game reviews before paying even close to that amount. Still, I am tempted by the T-shirt and the almanac. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

140+20 for shipping+20 for the expansion. I like physical things, so I'm prepared to eat the shipping charges.

I'm debating whether to go for the 250 tier. That would give me a copy of wasteland 2, but more importantly a physical collectors book.

Chances aren't very good I'll go through with it though. I'd need to add another 30 for shipping, making it 280 total, which really is about $230 more than I was planning to spend on all this... Still, I like books and it's for a good cause, if I just replay IE games instead of buying new games/books/DVDs till the end of the year I can make the budget work... Decisions, decisions.

$250 tier for a total of $313 ($25 obsidian t-shirt + $8 obsidian order + $30 shipping). Wanted the Collector's Edition, and I like art books. Couldn't justify $500 for the hardcover version, but then that got added to the $250 tier anyway, so I'm happy.

Had the kickstarter happened two months ago, I might've spent my tax refund on the $1000 tier.

$165. I didn't want to put money towards shipping costs, so thought going digital only would be best. Loved the idea of a Wasteland 2 addition and the first expansion. Can't bring myself to go further for a game, though, as much as I'd like to do so. Money needs to be spread out a bit. It's worth the $165 to have some good people build a game in a style I love.

Yes, that's basically how I feel as well. I could in principle have them ship it to a US address, but my job involves moving around a lot so any physical goodies will probably wind up sitting at that address together with my Collector's Edition of Dragon Age: Origins. On the other hand, I am almost never without my laptop (nature of the job, again) so the digital stuff is always at my fingertips.

Way I look at it:

--how much can you afford? (either lump sum or spread out over a few CC payments if you have one etc.)

--how much are the rewards really worth to you vs. how much support you want to give?

--how much would make your spouse murder and bury you in the basement? ;)

That's a pretty good list. However, "how much I can afford" is a pretty fuzzy concept. I live in the suburbs of an absurdly expensive city (most lists have it in the top five in the world) and my salary is adjusted accordingly, so I don't need to skimp on much to get even the $165 version. Come to think of it, it would be nice to have a spouse to limit my generosity for this kind of decision... though perhaps Obsidian would not appreciate it.

It can be pretty easy to talk yourself up higher and higher (the "And if I do pay $110, it's only $55 to the $165 tier" line of thought)...one just needs to be careful not to talk yourself into doing something you might regret financially later.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I am ordinarily completely immune to this kind of reasoning -- the only exceptions are computer hardware and, it seems, games like this one.

Was going for 35. Then they added good stuff to 50 so upgraded. And got the expansion of course.

Can't really afford more, especially not shipping, as much as I like having physical items... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Started out at $65 + $15 international shipping as I wanted the boxed version.

Moved up to $140 + $20 international shipping as for some reason I decided I wanted the collectors box edition, although I think subconsciously I just wanted to support the game more.

Final move was to $250 + $30 international shipping + $8 Obsidian Order = $288 total. Moved after the update announcing Wasteland 2 and the expansion. I decided that I still wanted the collectors box so moving to the digital only tier of $165 wasn't an option. $288 is absolutely as much money as I can justify, so this will be it for me.

Edited by Shoeless Joe Jackson