I hope Project Eternity features some nice riddles like the Baldurs Gate series did.

Little ones like "I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still, the faster I run" and big ones which involve quite an amount of thinking.

They can be integrated in various ways into the game. A chest containing an Elvish sword of great antiquity which can only be opened by solving the riddle on the paper you found in the desk or an statue which guards the entrance to an mysterious cave.

Off course difficult riddles shouldn't hinder the game progress but maybe open up some fascinating side quests if solved.

What do you think?

• Like 2

I am possibly the worst riddle solver the world has ever seen, the only ones I solve are in the vain of 'what gets wetter as you get dryer'. So on that basis, I'm rather impartial to Riddles, since they always leave me stumped.

I say put them in for those who enjoy them, but I'll personally be hitting google after about ten minutes of head-scratching.

Edited by General_Disarray

I personally don't care about people who can't solve riddles becasue they don't know english.

Learn it ya lazy bum.

Or if you won't, skip the riddle or looks for a walktrough.

• Like 2

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

No, because "I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still, the faster I run" doesn't make sense even when you know the answer.

An Hour glass has two "heads" the sand flows from one to the other when it's standing up, as opposed to on it's side. What doesn't make sense about that?

No, because "I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still, the faster I run" doesn't make sense even when you know the answer.

An Hour glass has two "heads" the sand flows from one to the other when it's standing up, as opposed to on it's side. What doesn't make sense about that?

It was said to be "standing still" which doesn't mean standing up or on it's side for a start.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

But it doesn't have two heads. It has two sides, but not two heads.

This is why I hate riddles. If you don't/can't think like the person who wrote them, you've basically got no chance of getting them (unless the answers are picked from a list...those ones are usually easy.)

So, no, I don't want riddles. But I love puzzles. Lots and lots of puzzles, please.

I love puzzles and riddles in games, that said, I sometimes find that riddles use language that build on cultural knowledge, English or American sayings. These become indecipherable for someone who doesn't know these sayings, like those who speak English as a second language.

So be careful that the riddle can be solved by knowledge that most players ought to have, preferably from the game itself.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Riddles can sometimes require a bit too much domain knowledge. I.e. I really doubt in a universe of souls and magic, a riddle that makes sense there, would make sense in ours. They're a cultural construct mostly...

Entirely up for puzzles galore though. They're usually more to do with problem solving and logic, something that's a bit more universal.

Edited by Carmelle
  • Like 1

TIL domain knowledge, thanks!

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm fine with riddles, even if I suck at them too.

Also, chance to learn to become better at english... so removing them just because english is not a first language is not helping people learn ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee