raised pledge again by 17, so that i could add on the newly announced cards + birthday present for my brother: what do you think is better, early beta access or digital copy?

I'd get him a digital copy that way he'll have the game.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

raised pledge again by 17, so that i could add on the newly announced cards + birthday present for my brother: what do you think is better, early beta access or digital copy?

but he really does like boxed games. and perhaps an early game impression makes him buy the boxed version himself. and by the way ... he has more money than me ;-)

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

but he really does like boxed games. and perhaps an early game impression makes him buy the boxed version himself. and by the way ... he has more money than me ;-)

Pffft... then he should be buying 'you' a game!

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

I decided to lower my Kickstarter pledge to $8. Why?

... Because I wanted to switch to Paypal, on which I just donated $180. Take my dosh directly, Obsidian! Take it like the awesome devs you are! :bow:

Heh, I believe more and more people will do that as the word gets spread, more money towards the game is the best possible outcome.

... Because I wanted to switch to Paypal, on which I just donated $180. Take my dosh directly, Obsidian! Take it like the awesome devs you are! :bow:

that's the right attitude!!

added another 17 for the card addon and to get an even number. and because another fun addon has been announced for tomorrow, i will probably spend even more bucks. :bow:

Bump.

and added 50$ to my pledge!

Hey, did you join the Order? Not yet?! GO! Join!

And get another copy of the playing cards. 2 Sets are better than one! :D

what a wonderful pledginess! singing all the time:

Come on baby,

Tell me what's the pledge, pledge up, up, up

Everybody say when you hear the call

You got to get it underway,

Pledge up, up, up, it's the code word,

No matter where you say it,

You'll know that you'll be heard.

:dancing:

Wait up! I was under the impression that both Kickstarter and Paypal take a percentage of the donations. Is there a lot of difference between the two? And if so which do Obsidian prefer we pledge to?

Wait up! I was under the impression that both Kickstarter and Paypal take a percentage of the donations. Is there a lot of difference between the two? And if so which do Obsidian prefer we pledge to?

PayPal Pricing

Pricing; Your Monthly Donations $0 to $100,000 (2.2%+.30 cents.)

Your Monthly Donations 100,001+ (2.2% + .30 cents.)

What fees does Kickstarter charge? Kickstarter collects a 5% fee from the project's funding total if a project is successfully funded. Additionally, payment processing fees generally work out to 3-5%. See US and UK payments fees.

Sorry that took me 20 years to get that information in a readable format. Okay so let's do some math, let's say the KickStarter information is now Paypal's. So let's assume we hit 4,000,000 at the end of the month all on Paypal with 70,000 backers. That's 21,000 for the .30 per transaction. Then 2.2% of 4,000,000 is 88,000. Totally 109,000.

Using that same information on KS we get 200,000.

Edited by Loranc

*bumping* so people can read it and get a general idea of why Paypal is better.

Sorry that took me 20 years to get that information in a readable format. Okay so let's do some math, let's say the KickStarter information is now Paypal's. So let's assume we hit 4,000,000 at the end of the month all on Paypal with 70,000 backers. That's 21,000 for the .30 per transaction. Then 2.2% of 4,000,000 is 88,000. Totally 109,000.

Using that same information on KS we get 200,000.

Thank you for that :wub: I'll switch over to Paypal once all the reward tiers are finalized tomorrow!

*bumping again* Just cause we're getting close to the end and we don't want this thread to get lost!

I pledged, then updated my pledge with OO's $8, then updated again to a higher tier, and considered that 'at my max'...

...but then I went back and updated again for addons. I can't update anymore, I'm pushing it as it is!

Come on 3.5!

I'm thinking of switching to PayPal from KS. Can I just use the "donate your own amount" option for $78 instead of using the separate options for the $50 tier, $20 addon for the expansion and the $8 for OO?

I think so. Any dramas should get sorted out in the survey so I wouldn't worry.

Interestingly when I saw the status last night I thought, hmm 3.5m goal is looking like a possible dream now. And I went and raised my pledge by 10 and its now 178. Now I know I wasn't the only one with the same idea :)

I am still considering going for 250 tier though. /bankrupt

:)

Edited by Raelon