Step aside, Shaker. GRIMOIRE is finally here!

Infinitron

In the Mid 90's he was an usenet-curiosity, usually ranting how he quit his job at Sir-Tech because they were no longer interested in quality, and how better Grimoire will be, and that it will be the only Wizardry-like game that ever will be made again, because without him, nobody at Sir-Tech is capable of making Wiz 8. Nonetheless they (Brenda Brathwaite) released Wiz 8 in 2001.

Maybe by the time Grimoire is finally released, the standard monitor has a 2432 x 1536 resolution and can show Grimoire's 1024*768 without distortion, would be a shame when all his perfectionism would get lost in upscaling. :)

Edited by JOG

"You are going to have to learn to think before you act, but never to regret your decisions, right or wrong. Otherwise, you will slowly begin to not make decisions at all."

The life of Cleve is what gives all of us meaning, really. His insane dedication of half of his life into Grimoire elevates our petty squabbles and indulgences into something greater, something majestic.

• Like 4

If it wasn't for the horrid graphics and the fact its Cleve this might be interesting enough to throw some dollars at. Plus, he's being sneaky. It doesn't even need to be fully funded fro him to keep donations. Therefore, the quoted 250k is meaningless.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Am I missing something? Who is Cleve?

TBH, I never heard of the guy before. However I managed to dig up this little nugget. Cleveland Mark Blakemore has quite a lot of posts deleted by himself but have been quoted by others. It gets even more interesting from Page 2 onwards. :wacko:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17968

• 2 weeks later...

For better or for worse, we have interviewed Cleveland Blakemore about Grimoire: http://www.rpgcodex....ent.php?id=8575

"I wrote a couple hundred games for the C-64 and the Amiga"... if this guy is such a prolific developer, what the heck does he need funding for??? :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For better or for worse, we have interviewed Cleveland Blakemore about Grimoire: http://www.rpgcodex....ent.php?id=8575

"I wrote a couple hundred games for the C-64 and the Amiga"... if this guy is such a prolific developer, what the heck does he need funding for??? :p

I hope I'm remembering the details correctly (I should find the post) but he said himself that basically he DOES NOT need it since the game is basically ready, and it's just a way for himself to get committed to a deadline and actually get it out (think it was.. on the Codex? Forums though, not the interview). Of course, he could just open some pre-orders, but why do that when you can go through the crowdfunding craze and not be legally committed to offer refunds?

P.S. : That interview is... interesting. Merely from an anthropological/study of the human mind point of view, though.

I mean, come on:

I figure this is what I spent out of my own pocket over the past 17 years on contract work like the art, sound and music and if I recover that much before it ships then I will start out neutral when it launches. That’s a good scenario for me and I thought it was a fair goal to aim for.

This is not how you should approach crowdfunding.

• 11 months later...

He's like a character from a Neal Stephenson novel.

And although the game looks bloody awful, like a disco-cataract stuck in my eye, the back-story to how it was made is so awesome I feel like buying it anyway.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

That is because the word 'normal' cannot be used with the majesty that is Grimoire. Such usage causes links to it to be retroactively deleted. Five hundred billion man hours from someone with an IQ greater than an Einstein/ Da Vinci siamese conjoined twin, with blood, sweat, passion and some unforseen seepage from a titanium endoskeleton poured into it by the bucket full deep in the blasted waste of the Red Continent, the word 'normal' simply cannot contain its magnificence and reality itself has warped to correct such an injustice.

Such a game deserves only superlatives- it's has an extraordinary demo and an extraordinarily super demo, and anyone looking for it under mundane terms deserves no access to its brilliance, even were they capable of randomly mashing keys to use a browser in the first place.

I believe,

in Cleve.

• Like 2