Feature Request: Changeable Portraits

I am desperately hoping for the option to be able to override the companions' portraits should i choose to.

I am very fussy with portraits; it is a snapshot of who the character is, so for me it's arguably the single most important thing of all. The in-game portraits might be just what i want to see, but if i don't happen to like a given npc's picture, i  am unable to include them in my party.

Absolutely invaluable, obvious feature to include for a (presumably) small cost as far as i'm concerned.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we couldn't at least change portraits through the override folder.

Having an option in-game seems unnecessary to me (beyond character creation), though could allow one to change the look of a portrait based on the character's clothes (you could select a plate-armour version or a leathers version) if you had multiple versions of the same portrait (I'm thinking community created content here, not wasting dev time to do it).

I did like the suggestion of allowing multiple portraits to show health/status-effects (again, making it plausible in-engine, not for the devs to spend time/money on).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Imo portrait art should be consistent in style. I dont like if suddenly mod introduces a character but gives him cartoony anime, manga style look. Some find that amusing and clever. It isnt.

Edited by Tauron

magic021.jpg

Imo portrait art should be consistent in style. I dont like if suddenly mod introduces a character but gives him cartoony anime, manga style look. Some find that amusing and clever. It isnt.

Sure - but that's down to the individual mod-creator.  With an option to change the portraits (override folder or in-game option), you could bring in another portrait in the right style.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

If you don't like a mod's custom portraits, don't use them?

I suppose allowing the player a way to swap out that annoying manga character look for a proper portrait and removing his pink hair to another color would help though, if you really need that mod somehow...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Now...

Of course we want to be able to change companion portraits, too.

Haven't you ever sexed up Aerie a bit in BG2? ;)

Wow, dude, way to take your completely reasonable request into creeper territory. 

the biggest issue for me is that my character is distinct from other characters in the game. I remember being annoyed in BG2 that Imoen had the same character portrait as I did. NPC portraits should be apart from PC portraits, or at least have a note saying these can be found during the game.

Our companion portraits are all separate from the PC portraits.

• Like 1

the biggest issue for me is that my character is distinct from other characters in the game. I remember being annoyed in BG2 that Imoen had the same character portrait as I did. NPC portraits should be apart from PC portraits, or at least have a note saying these can be found during the game.

I think you're talking about bg1

Imoen's portrait was not available in bg2 and if you did take one that looked like one of your companions then, they, were given one of the portraits from bg1.

But only if you didn't change your portrait mid game.

it would be great to see how kaz does a portrait (maybe using one of the backer pictures) on a youtube video or something (speed draw) so modders can learn how to make good looking portraits.

• Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html