Any chance of making the hardcover copy as an addon?

I'm backing the CE at $140 but makes me sad that I won't get a physical copy of the book, and the next tier up is $110 more and I probably won't be able to spare that much.

Either way thanks, and looking forward to the game.

Sadly, I dont think so. I've already asked and a lot of people on here weren't too happy about this idea. With about three days left, I think they would had announced something already. At this point I think I'm going to just stick with my $25 pledge. I'm not too jazzed about a cloth map and a game patch to put down $140 which is a shame because for that price, the art book should be included nonetheless. I share your pain.

Sadly, I dont think so. I've already asked and a lot of people on here weren't too happy about this idea. With about three days left, I think they would had announced something already. At this point I think I'm going to just stick with my $25 pledge. I'm not too jazzed about a cloth map and a game patch to put down $140 which is a shame because for that price, the art book should be included nonetheless. I share your pain.

Too bad, personally I think that the $140 pledge being a Collectors Edition should get a physical copy of the book. Those books with art and such are always my most favorite part of CEs, makes me a bit sad.

I got the impression that this book is going to be a bit larger than the small books you typically get in a Collector's Edition, which would probably cost quite a bit more to produce. Not to mention additional shipping costs. If they made it an addon, you'd likely be halfway to $250 anyway, and you'd remove a large chunk of the incentive for the $250 tier.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that somewhere down the line the $250 tier and up is going to be one of those expensive goods that sell for incredible high prices on Ebay. I have no doubt in my mind that with all the creative freedom and love that is going into this, that this is prob going to go down as one of the greatest if not greatest rpg ever. I guess that would be an incentive to put down the extra cash but even so the price is subjective. For $250 that book better be thick. Then again, Obsidian is actually cool enough to give an art book at $250 because compared to the Double Fine adventure game you have to pay $500 whereas Wasteland 2 I think has none. I don't know I'm still on the fence on this and i hope it's something i won't regret if I don't go through with it.

Edited by KingofKnights

I'm assuming that somewhere down the line the $250 tier and up is going to be one of those expensive goods that sell for incredible high prices on Ebay. I have no doubt in my mind that with all the creative freedom and love that is going into this, that this is prob going to go down as one of the greatest if not greatest rpg ever. I guess that would be an incentive to put down the extra cash but even so the price is subjective. For $250 that book better be thick. Then again, Obsidian is actually cool enough to give an art book at $250 because compared to the Double Fine adventure game you have to pay $500 whereas Wasteland 2 I think has none. I don't know I'm still on the fence on this and i hope it's something i won't regret if I don't go through with it.

Yeah, I'm really considering upping to $250. It's quite a bit of money but I think it's going to go toward what will be an amazing game in the end.

It has been confirmed that they will not be offerring the 'Collector's Book' as an addon. This statement was made this evening by Adam (if I remember correctly).

So, it's going to be your last chance to get one. Go for it - - it's worth it.

Creator Obsidian Entertainment

@Chad Smith

The collector's book will not be offered as an add-on. Sorry.

For a simple answer:

Strategy Guide = Tips and Tricks on how to play the game.

Collector's Book = Art, Concepts, Making Of/Behind the Scenes, Monster Info, additional lore, and info on companions/characters

Almanac = All about the World, History and Lore of Project Eternity

So, it's going to be your last chance to get one. Go for it - - it's worth it.

Edited by SqueakyCat

I am also really quite dissapointed that the art book isnt included in the 140 tier. With the 250 going hard cover I think it would be a good option for the 140 to get the previous soft cover version at least. It is something I wantbut I just cant afford to go up the additional 110.

Financially, I'm not in the position to put down an extra $100 for an art book as much as I adore them. I love Chris Avellone for what he did to Planescape Torment (prob. my second favorite game of all time behind Nier) and would love to have him sign my CE box. However, signatures mean nothing to me unless I get to meet a certain someone in person. I've already put down $60 for that Kick Heart anime from production I.G and I'm thinking about pledging to that Shaker rpg as well. It's just as far as I'm wiling to go for now unless I can get some extra cash.

The main reason I went up to $250 was for the Collector's book. I just cannot resist such things (well I could resist it being hardcover when the hardcover was at $500 because that was a little too much for me). And as a bonus since I pledged within a day or two of the Kickstarter starting since then extra things have kept popping up in the $250 tier as well, so I'm not getting more than I thought I would when I first put that pledge in.

It is a lot of money though and it's a shame that people who want it can't afford it. I'm not sure how/if they're going to manage the possibility of adding to things after the Kickstarter has finished. It would be kinda nice if anyone who has pledged still had access to all the Kickstarter tiers and could just inch their pledge amount up via paypal so they could eventually get to the tier that they wanted to.

Financially, I'm not in the position to put down an extra $100 for an art book as much as I adore them. I love Chris Avellone for what he did to Planescape Torment (prob. my second favorite game of all time behind Nier) and would love to have him sign my CE box. However, signatures mean nothing to me unless I get to meet a certain someone in person. I've already put down $60 for that Kick Heart anime from production I.G and I'm thinking about pledging to that Shaker rpg as well. It's just as far as I'm wiling to go for now unless I can get some extra cash.

You are getting the expansion and Wasteland 2 as well. The expansion will probably cost $30-40 when it's released and I'm not sure how much Wasteland 2 will be but probably around the same.