Adam's new STRETCH goal CATS at 4 million.

I want beards :(

• Like 3

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

It would be interesting to see some "Post-Kickstarter" stretch goals that are flexible. Let's say people continue to back Obsidian past the Kickstarter a couple of months into it, (for ease of explaining, 6 months) and Obs get the budget to implement something they couldn't before and they still got 12 months left to finish the game and it fits into the time schedule. Heck they might need to overwork a month or two (or three) (19-21 months until the game gets finished, in this case) but it would get more content.

I'm holding Adam to this if we hit 4,000,000. We have his live Ustream video as evidence.

Edited by Loranc

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

I hope you realize that cats will also come with a cat herding quest, which is going to be an endless grind. Plus you won't even have mounts. :cat:

...... Of course you have to post this and then put an adorable cat next to it. Now all I can think about are cats, and how awesome they are.

I think we should see some reasonable stretch goals(ie NOT cats) at 3.6 and 3.7 mil milestones....incentives to bring people in and expand the game. At any rate we'll find out in a few hours....the last update before the end of the kickstarter....I have to say I can't wait. It's going to be epic.

1zq6793.jpg

I think we should see some reasonable stretch goals(ie NOT cats) at 3.6 and 3.7 mil milestones....incentives to bring people in and expand the game. At any rate we'll find out in a few hours....the last update before the end of the kickstarter....I have to say I can't wait. It's going to be epic.

Well, it was a running joke during his Ustream that our next stretch goal would be cats. Now my reason for wanting it is because of a few other games, BG + IWD. You'll recall the dead cats in IWD and the pantaloons in BG, i'm thinking something fun a long those lines would actually be a cool stretch goal for the game itself.

Well, it was a running joke during his Ustream that our next stretch goal would be cats. Now my reason for wanting it is because of a few other games, BG + IWD. You'll recall the dead cats in IWD and the pantaloons in BG, i'm thinking something fun a long those lines would actually be a cool stretch goal for the game itself.

Now that you mention it that would be cool....though maybe not dead this time. Still I think they ought to be a stretch goal's bonus point rather than its main incentive.

1zq6793.jpg

So long as we get a dog pet at 3.9 million to eat all the cats, then I am fine with this. :p

if we will end up with only 3.9, the dog would hunger terribly ;(

Edited by HumanFlesh+5

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

10kk Stretch Goal: co-op.

Meh. My old friend EA we meet again.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 2

I think after 3.5 we need no more stretch goals... the game is going to be big enough for now...

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

- Buddha