Hire David Ogden Stiers As The Narrator

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Obsidian to hire David Ogden Stiers as the narrator?

• Yes
    • No, I'd like to see Obsidian hire someone else
    • No, I don't think Project Eternity needs a narrator

Kevin Michael Richardson anyone?

Definitely. I thought Kevin Michael Richardson's readings of the dreams in Baldur's Gate were top notch. They really drew you in. I always looked forward to one of those sequences.

I'm sure Obsidian will find appropriate voice actors for all the necessary roles but there's no harm in discussing the subject.

Personally, my favorite video game narration is Campbell Lane's work on the Homeworld series. His voice is chilling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI

Edited by Stephen Laughlin

I'll throw my support behind the idea that a female narrator would be a compelling departure from tried and tired fantasy conventions, in this sort of area.

That having said, I think that narration by a character who is either insinuated into the story (merely for the sake of lending them tangential relevance to it), or already present within the story, is generally a good idea. I don't feel there needs to be an unnamed omniscient narrator, in a modern RPG.

However, I'd be interested in what anyone's argument would be, for an unnamed omniscient narrator specifically, rather than a narrator from a frame story, or a narrator from within the story.

Kevin Michael Richardson!

How about Brian Blessed?

Edited by septembervirgin

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."