Hire David Ogden Stiers As The Narrator

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Obsidian to hire David Ogden Stiers as the narrator?

• Yes
    • No, I'd like to see Obsidian hire someone else
    • No, I don't think Project Eternity needs a narrator

Would you like to see Obsidian hire David Ogden Stiers as the narrator for Project Eternity?

David Ogden Stiers @ IMDb

I've been promoting hiring David Ogden Stiers as the narrator. He was the narrator/voice of Belhifet in Icewind Dale. Some of you may also remember him as the guy who played Oberoth in Stargate: Atlantis.

And I 100% support this notion.

He's been in tons of stuff over the years, including MASH and Cogsworth in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Always a reliable, great actor. I'd be on board for him as a narrator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJsdn7uvvfE

David Ogden Stiers @ FB

Edit: Addendum

Edited by Archmage Silver
  • Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I'd prefer they hire the person they feel is right for the job, should they need a Narrator. We don't need to micromanage their every hire.

Its just suggestion, you don't need to comment if you don't want to.

And yes I think David Ogden's voice would be more than suitable

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There are a lot of great voice actors/ actors out there who can do terrific narration:

George Guidall

Simon Vance

James Marsters

John Glover

Bronson Pinchot

And of Course....Linda Hunt

Many more. I have no problem with David Ogden Stiers, but its Obsidians call based on the tone they want to set

Aedelric, I travel a great deal for business, so I tend to go through a lot of Audiobooks. All of the people on the list above I've listened to as narrators and all could do a great job narrating PE; I'm just suggesting that there are alternatives. I think inappropriate is a greater danger than cheap, but I agree that the narrator is too important to not be concerned about at least a little.

Don't get Oghren. He's drunken and rude. I had him as a companion in Dragon Age Origins and I couldn't get rid of him. He kept doing voice overs for cheese slices and telling us about the wonders of pissing ale while whistling the theme song from Arthur ("Best that You Can Do").

• Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."