Countdown to Eternity.

I didn't expect so little activity in the last 3 days. Feargus has continued to virtually live in the KickStarter comments, but everyone else hasn't been up to much apart from the AMA and playing IWD2 or D&D. Either they're fatigued or they're brewing up something special and extremely timely.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

so def no other stretch goals huh

They say they want to make the game better rather than just bigger with the extra money. Maybe not as sexy a stretch goal as a bunch of new classes or races or whatever, but an attitude I very much prefer to 'more is better.'

no i understand what they were saying, but they released that picture and got me all excited for nothing... litereally been creeping on kickstarter since 8 am this morning just waiting for the update... and then got my hopes up. Dont get me wrong i am excited and happy with EVERYTHING they have promised so far and am greatly looking forward to the game. Just got excited was all

1 1/2 hour update. 3,731,332 (we have surpassed my expectations of the best possible outcome for the fundraising.) 57,942 increase or 34,765/hour. (roughly around this amount, my head hurts right now.) 71,727 backers (we will be hitting level 12 of the mega dungeon by the end of this.) A 774 increase or 464/hour.

Okay, fixed.

Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

$3630768 + $125000 = $3755768

It probably jumped up another 20k+ in the 10+ minutes I was typing my post. Is there a new paypal backer amount? The one I have is 106,024.

Edited by Loranc

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

we will certainly hit level 13 of the mega dungeon if paypal backers count.....maybe even 14.

They do count at the end, obsidian confirmed this.

It probably jumped up another 20k+ in the 10+ minutes I was typing my post. Is there a new paypal backer amount? The one I have is 106,024.

You won't be able to take minutes from now on :)

$125K in PayPal

Doesn't say who it was, but it's from Obsidian's KickStarter account.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

You won't be able to take minutes from now on :)

$125K in PayPal

Doesn't say who it was, but it's from Obsidian's KickStarter account.

Thank you! Will update the information and I'm lacking from sleep deprivation big time, so my thought process is kind of like AOL internet. ....... beep......buzz....beep....bling.....beeep....

I realized, last night, that I could help get another dungeon level by pledging $5 and adding to the numbers on ks. I'm not keen on multilevel anything, being directionally challenged (points to Order name), but I love that it's there. I may enter one or two levels, but I usually end up looking like I'm crying. You should see me in the vaults, not pretty at all.

Anyway, congrats to Obsidian, and thanks to all the wonderful, and helpful people on here. You have all made this a fun experience. I fell asleep watching the ks numbers tick over last night. I never imagined something similar to watching paint dry could be so exciting. ^^

1/2 hour update! 3,771,322. (keeping the post simple this time.) 71,994 backers. We are currently 506 backers from dungeon level 13? According to that level 11 is 67.5k, we're almost at 72.5k which would be level 13. And 228,678 from 4 million!

616c8a5ef75c3154da831057bc662902_large.jpg?1350372397

Fun fact we moved approx 20,990 in the last half hour. Keeping an average ratio of let's say 18,000/per 1/2 hour for the final 6 hours we'd get 216,000 and add in at least another 15,000 Paypal backers, 231,000. My new minimum projection 4,002,322.

Keeping a 20k/1/2 hour ratio + 25,000 more from Paypal, 4,032,322, my new guesstimated maximum projection.

Talk about being tired, fixed projections. I based them on an hour after doing my post on 1/2 hour numbers.... gawd am I tired.

Edited by Loranc

Looks like a real possibility to hit 4,000,000 now. I'll do another update at 5 pm EDT, before I head to work.

A new stretchgoal is up

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Edited by Regenshire

A new stretchgoal is up

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Seriously? That's awesome.