Countdown to Eternity.

Did I just miss the campaign reaching $3.5M?!

Holy s**t, the fan base is really pulling out all stops for the final push.

Even though I pledged far more than I expected to and in doing so, have had to sacrifice some of the finer things in life for a month, those playing cards are looking mighty tempting.

Another $10 isn't going to break the bank is it?!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

13 1/2 hour update! 3,539,246 that's a whopping 152,608 increase or 11,304/hour. (It's going to be real tight hitting that 4 million goal.) Our backer count is now 68,838 a 2,082 increase or 154/hour.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I hope they don't add any more goals, the money after 3.5 should be used to polish the game. The game is big enough.

Adam promised us cats at 4 million.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

As an aside, have the clever forum members who've been carefully tracking the pledge rates + PP amounts + projections (like the up to date OP of this thread) got an semi-accurate projection for the final pledge total for Kickstarter and KS + PP?

I'd be interested to see how close to $4M it is.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

Next 2 hour update!

If you're interested in hearing my own personal projection of what we'll get.... I like to look at bare minimums. So with that being said. 3,270,232 is where we're currently at. A 12,410 increase or 6.2k/hour. Our backer number is now 65,289, that's a 180 increase or 90/hour.

Okay projection time. 1 day 11 hours to go, or rather 35 hours. The final days will see about half of what the start of the project saw. Keeping that in mind, I believe we will hold a 6,000 on average per hour ratio for donations. This being just Kick Starter, so let's take that number. That gives us 210,000. Putting us at 3,480,232.

Paypal gained about 7 thousand in 24 hours, so keeping that in mind. We'll see another 10,000 from Paypal alone. Now at 3,490,232. Add in the websites which rpg codex is now at 7,344, plus 3,281 from gamebanshee, plus 1.349 from sorcerer's palace. That brings us to a total of 3,502,206. (keep in mind this being a bare minimum projection.)

I won't go into the math on the backer count but bare minimum I project 69,519 backers.

Now taking all that into consideration, that's the 'bare' minimum this project will receive. If we look at it realistically, or hell let's go to the top of the spectrum. Let's say we have a most fantastic final 35 hours and we get the absolute best donation turnout. A solid 12,000/hour, all together with the websites and Paypal figured in we'd see 3,789,945.

Just remember that this is no way includes the fact that it's the final days in which case we should see double digits of what we normally get. Meaning, that Sunday's 160,000 should mean that we'll get 320,000 in our final 24 hours.

From an absolute minimum projection we are going to and will hit the 3.5 million mark.

Thanks Loranc!

We are not getting to $4M barring something truly massive. Right now, we're at $3.44M Kickstarter + $0.1M-odd Paypal for a total of roughly $3.55M with 14 hours to go. We've been averaging slightly more than $10K per hour for the past 30 hours or so. It is reasonable to assume that this will continue and quite possibly even increase to $15-20K per hour in the last 10 hours, but even so that would only take us to $3.75-3.8M total. Basically, to get to $4M, we would need to eclipse the collection rate of the very first day which doesn't sound very plausible.

Edited by Althernai
  • Like 1

We are not getting to $4M barring something truly massive. Right now, we're at $3.44M Kickstarter + $0.1M-odd Paypal for a total of roughly $3.55M with 14 hours to go. We've been averaging slightly more than $10K per hour for the past 30 hours or so. It is reasonable to assume that this will continue and quite possibly even increase to $15-20K per hour in the last 10 hours, but even so that would only take us to $3.75-3.8M total. Basically, to get to $4M, we would need to eclipse the collection rate of the very first day which doesn't sound very plausible.

Actually, we wouldn't have to make as much as the first day. We're now at about 3.45 million, factoring in a round 100k from paypal, we're at 3.55. We've collected roughly 75k today so far (which is much more than we did yesterday at this point, iirc) and would need another 450k. So we'd have to collect about 525k total today which is almost 200k less than the first day of the campaign and a little more than double of what we made yesterday. I'm not gonna say it's easy but it seems doable. This campaign has pretty much destroyed all predictions so far.

Edited by Hugo Rune

There will be those, but how much is that usually? 1/10th of a percentage (3.5K), one percent (35K)? Less? More?

Probably a little over the 1% yes.

Which also says to me it would be pretty stupid to add even more goals. Use the resources towards giving what we are promised already in prestine condition without adding more food to your plate.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well done everyone 3.5 million+ is a great achievement, I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for their updates and statistics, in particular Loranc.

We aint done until were done, lets see how far that walk is to the castle. All props to Loranc and his clairvoyance.

Edited by Gyges

6 hour update 3,673,390 a 137,144 increase or 22.857/hour. Our backer number is 70,953 a 2,115 increase or 352/hour. (un-officially we have unlocked level 11 of the mega dungeon and at this rate we will see level 12.)