Countdown to Eternity.

6 1/2 hour update just to see where we're at here folks. 3,235,030 (We ended with 164,000 donations for Sunday, nice going everyone) that's a 47,935 increase or 7,374/hour. 64,770 backers (we are now 230 backers from level 10 of our mega dungeon!!!!) a 630 increase or 96/hour. That is extremely awesome that we kept such a high ratio these past several hours. We are officially $264,970 away from big big city #2.

(Just added in new Paypal information as well)

The mega dungeon picture was also update.

8d6e86bad96c635c23b7789d4f49c0b9_large.jpg?1350282830

Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Fun fact this is from the Trilogy release of Mass Effect.

KEY FEATURES

• Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3's critically acclaimed multiplayer mode.
  • Create and customize your own character with his or her appearance and skills, then play your Commander Shepard through all three Mass Effect games.
  • Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.
  • Build a personalized arsenal with powerful weapons complete with their own upgrades and modifications
  • Unleash devastating abilities and skills as you command and train an elite squad.
  • Take the war online with class-based, co-operative multiplayer in Mass Effect 3.

Just thought it was funny, some will get it and some won't. Point being gaming companies need to stop ruining our beloved games with lame publishers!

• Like 3

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

That statue has to be of Od Nua. If you are a mad megalomanicacal wizard then of course you would dominate the dungeon with a massive statue of yourself.

Why would a megalomaniacal wizard have a chain around his neck though?

He probably thought it was the height of fashion. That or it's a giant stone titan who the paths were built around as a sort of elaborate subterranean prison. A Dungeon if you will.

2 hour update our donation amount is 3,245,626 a 10,596 increase 5.5k/hour. Our backer amount is 64,930 a 160 increase 80/hour. We are now 70 backers away from our next dungeon level and nearly 250,000 away from our 3.5 million goal.

Fun fact for anime lovers and JRPG lovers. From Studio Ghibli the developers who have brought you such movies as these; Castle in the Sky, Grave of Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and many more. A new exclusive PS3 JRPG (It's PS3 exclusive due to the fact that the Xbox 360 is not selling in Japan, however this game was also released on 3DS but the U.S currently will not see the 3DS version brought over. Not sure about the other countries outside of the U.S seeing a release either.) http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ni_no_Kuni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MznAY8Es5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I

I realize this game won't appeal to some or most people, but I'm just bringing about awareness for what looks to be an amazing JRPG coming to the PS3 real soon. And from quite a few 'anime' posts I've seen, I figured some people may appreciate finding out about this game.

• Like 1

Fun fact for anime lovers and JRPG lovers. From Studio Ghibli the developers who have brought you such movies as these; Castle in the Sky, Grave of Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and many more. A new exclusive PS3 JRPG (It's PS3 exclusive due to the fact that the Xbox 360 is not selling in Japan, however this game was also released on 3DS but the U.S currently will not see the 3DS version brought over. Not sure about the other countries outside of the U.S seeing a release either.) http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ni_no_Kuni

I realize this game won't appeal to some or most people, but I'm just bringing about awareness for what looks to be an amazing JRPG coming to the PS3 real soon. And from quite a few 'anime' posts I've seen, I figured some people may appreciate finding out about this game.

I'll keep it on the radar. Though iv'e never been too partial to jrpgs where i cant even name my character. That is usually the minimum requirement i set.

2 hour update time, yay! 3,257,822 (Almost there!!!) 12,196 increase, 6k/hour. Our backers are now 65,109 (We have now un-officially obtained dungeon level 10, (Obsidian stated that Paypal won't count until the end of the KickStarter.) a 179 increase 84/hour. We are now 242,178 away from 3.5 million!!!!!!!!!

*I seem to be getting massive lag on this forum and only this forum, anyone else experiencing this.?*

Edited by Loranc

2 hour update time, yay! 3,257,822 (Almost there!!!) 12,196 increase, 6k/hour. Our backers are now 65,109 (We have now un-officially obtained dungeon level 10, (Obsidian stated that Paypal won't count until the end of the KickStarter.) a 179 increase 84/hour. We are now 242,178 away from 3.5 million!!!!!!!!!

Are there any projections on what the final amount will be?

That statue has to be of Od Nua. If you are a mad megalomanicacal wizard then of course you would dominate the dungeon with a massive statue of yourself.

He probably thought it was the height of fashion. That or it's a giant stone titan who the paths were built around as a sort of elaborate subterranean prison. A Dungeon if you will.

Or he was creating some kind of magical construct... A Giant Walking Stone Giant would be a perfect servant for any crazy wizard!

If they make it past 3.5 million (which I already think is terribly impressive) I'd rather they save the extra money into a pot to be used for polishing, or parts of the project that need more help.

a buffer to prevent problems from forming up.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

If they make it past 3.5 million (which I already think is terribly impressive) I'd rather they save the extra money into a pot to be used for polishing, or parts of the project that need more help.

Some money will be spent on the "physical" rewards too.

There is at least one projection (calculated) of what the final amount could be, ranking from lowest to highest 3.3m - 3.6m, respectively.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/#chart-exp-projection

The numbers of course chance as the project goes forward, but for the last couple of days, they have increased from 3.2-3.5m so it's looking promising!

Then there's always the trending amount (currently at $3.278.667) which I think is calculated somewhat differently giving the much lower assumption.

If you ask me, we'll top the 3.5-3.6m in Kickstart alone and with paypal end up somewhere between 3.6-3.7m. Of course since this is a unique project (even in Kickstart's history), I wouldn't be surprised to see if we get even further.

Looking forward to tomorrows update, hoping it'll give me a reason to up my bledge to $250 ;)

• Like 1

Or he was creating some kind of magical construct... A Giant Walking Stone Giant would be a perfect servant for any crazy wizard!

Next 2 hour update!

If you're interested in hearing my own personal projection of what we'll get.... I like to look at bare minimums. So with that being said. 3,270,232 is where we're currently at. A 12,410 increase or 6.2k/hour. Our backer number is now 65,289, that's a 180 increase or 90/hour.

Okay projection time. 1 day 11 hours to go, or rather 35 hours. The final days will see about half of what the start of the project saw. Keeping that in mind, I believe we will hold a 6,000 on average per hour ratio for donations. This being just Kick Starter, so let's take that number. That gives us 210,000. Putting us at 3,480,232.

Paypal gained about 7 thousand in 24 hours, so keeping that in mind. We'll see another 10,000 from Paypal alone. Now at 3,490,232. Add in the websites which rpg codex is now at 7,344, plus 3,281 from gamebanshee, plus 1.349 from sorcerer's palace. That brings us to a total of 3,502,206. (keep in mind this being a bare minimum projection.)

I won't go into the math on the backer count but bare minimum I project 69,519 backers.

Now taking all that into consideration, that's the 'bare' minimum this project will receive. If we look at it realistically, or hell let's go to the top of the spectrum. Let's say we have a most fantastic final 35 hours and we get the absolute best donation turnout. A solid 12,000/hour, all together with the websites and Paypal figured in we'd see 3,789,945.

Just remember that this is no way includes the fact that it's the final days in which case we should see double digits of what we normally get. Meaning, that Sunday's 160,000 should mean that we'll get 320,000 in our final 24 hours.

From an absolute minimum projection we are going to and will hit the 3.5 million mark.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 5

I agree. I don't need a new stretch goal past 3.5 mil. It looks like they got plenty on their plate as it is, I'd rather the extra would go to polishing and adding extra debt and breadth to the pieces already in place. (like more variety in enemies, extra dialogue options, ...)

Next 2 hour update!

If you're interested in hearing my own personal projection of what we'll get.... I like to look at bare minimums. So with that being said. 3,270,232 is where we're currently at. A 12,410 increase or 6.2k/hour. Our backer number is now 65,289, that's a 180 increase or 90/hour.

Okay projection time. 1 day 11 hours to go, or rather 35 hours. The final days will see about half of what the start of the project saw. Keeping that in mind, I believe we will hold a 6,000 on average per hour ratio for donations. This being just Kick Starter, so let's take that number. That gives us 210,000. Putting us at 3,480,232.

Paypal gained about 7 thousand in 24 hours, so keeping that in mind. We'll see another 10,000 from Paypal alone. Now at 3,490,232. Add in the websites which rpg codex is now at 7,344, plus 3,281 from gamebanshee, plus 1.349 from sorcerer's palace. That brings us to a total of 3,502,206. (keep in mind this being a bare minimum projection.)

I won't go into the math on the backer count but bare minimum I project 69,519 backers.

Now taking all that into consideration, that's the 'bare' minimum this project will receive. If we look at it realistically, or hell let's go to the top of the spectrum. Let's say we have a most fantastic final 35 hours and we get the absolute best donation turnout. A solid 12,000/hour, all together with the websites and Paypal figured in we'd see 3,789,945.

Just remember that this is no way includes the fact that it's the final days in which case we should see double digits of what we normally get. Meaning, that Sunday's 160,000 should mean that we'll get 320,000 in our final 24 hours.

From an absolute minimum projection we are going to and will hit the 3.5 million mark.

Thanks @ Darustet and Loranc!

Good to know that we have a solid chance to get the second city (and to go even beyond that) :)

• Like 1

Next 2 hour update!

Thanks @ Darustet and Loranc!

Good to know that we have a solid chance to get the second city (and to go even beyond that) :)

I originally thought that hitting 4 million would be an easy goal, but now it's looking rather difficult. We'd have to get 707,940 approximately in our final 35 hours. It's not impossible to reach, but it will defiantly be something to celebrate if we reach reach it. The good news is that the 3,500,000 goal is in the bag.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 6

Loranc's statistics and numbers always spread some optimism. LIKE! :)

It might be more phychological thank you think.

For example: the boost started on the 11th and 12th day but decreased a litte just under the 3m mark (the first half of 12th). Never the less, since the 3m mark was achieved, during the next hours and days till now (and beyond) the bledges started to rise once again with immense speed. Immediately we got around 9k/h during those hours and even topped the chart in this website:

http://ruinedkingdoms.com/project-eternity/

( ^P:E got over 14k during one hour, which is more than the chart could count for! )

So yes, I do think that it is very much a psychological aspect, not just the extra goodness that Obsidian has provided to us during these last few days. I'd say you could call it a ''snowball effect'' or social sense of community/influence to bledge, but just the fact that we are on the ''same million'' as the next strech goal, makes it seems much more plausible to achieve.

And btw, it's past 00.00 here (in Japan), so excuse me for my spelling. Good ''what-ever-the-time-is-there'' for everyone! I'm going to sleep...

2 hour update goodness time! 3,285,395 a 15,163 increase or 7.5k/hour. Our backer amount - 65,471 a 182 increase 91/hour.

In the next two hours we should be below 200,000 till the 3.5 million goal giving us 31 hours to achieve just under 200,000.

Edited by Loranc