Countdown to Eternity.

the codex guerrilla will probably contribute with up to 7k. add other websites running community campaigns and you're looking at an additional 10k going into paypal.

the codex guerrilla will probably contribute with up to 7k. add other websites running community campaigns and you're looking at an additional 10k going into paypal.

I don't think anyone would argue that 342,683 in 52 51 hours isn't doable :p. And it's nice to know that websites like the codex have generated not only funds but also awareness of this project, just imagine all the people who came to this Kick Starter because of those web sites and donated directly to the project.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I'm just working up the courage to cancel my regular appointment with my hairdresser, so I can pledge more. I can go another two months without a trim. I'll just tuck the ends into a... a bun. Buns look good, right? :w00t:

Buns look great! Heck anything anyone does (well... non criminal things) to increase their pledge for PE will be simply amazing.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

I'm just working up the courage to cancel my regular appointment with my hairdresser, so I can pledge more. I can go another two months without a trim. I'll just tuck the ends into a... a bun. Buns look good, right? :w00t:

Braids. Like Sagani. :thumbsup: Awesome!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

@Ieo I might try a number of things, or even realise that no one but me will notice my ends. haha

I wanted to ask, before I raise my pledge. Is paypal better for Obsidian, cash in hand wise, or is the option there for people that can't pay through ks?

@Ieo I might try a number of things, or even realise that no one but me will notice my ends. haha

I wanted to ask, before I raise my pledge. Is paypal better for Obsidian, cash in hand wise, or is the option there for people that can't pay through ks?

Yes, Paypal is better for Obsidian. I believe Kick Starter takes a portion.

Edited by Loranc

well kickstarter are a new thing, people always take doublefine as reference for what is going to happen, but that was the first project and thus had another impact on media, is another genre that could reach more people through that and could also take more money from people in last minutes, because average amouth was a lot lower. I am not sure if P:E didn't cut off a bit the last minute impact by making the great new update with the addon news quite a while before end of the project. I think it did, but that doesn't matter, it will be the same or more money they reach through that. I think we just cannot expect the project to go through the roof with 400'000 in 48 hours now. But we will see and of course everyone here hopes they will.

Actually, I'd be very surprised if we didn't make 400k in the last 48 hours (probably more). The expectation for a substantial rise in pledges isn't only based on Double Fine but on pretty much every very successful kickstarter camaign there has been and there have been quite a few. Look up any you like, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Order of the Stick, Planetary Annihilation, The Banner Sage or any other you can come up with, they've all made a substantial portion of their funds during the very last days of their campaigns. Anyway, we're already seeing this again in this campaign. The pledges have been happily puttering along at about 20.000-40.000 and suddenly we're looking at amounts well over 100k. It's only going to increase in the next two days. Still, it certainly wouldn't hurt if Obsidian had another spectacular update up their sleeve.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the trend is broken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3suGfhnT2Sg

We have succeeded in donating more to this project today than yesterday, thus breaking the trend of every Saturday having more funding than the following Sunday. (I know it's something silly to celebrate, but I'll take any victory anywhere we can get it.)

Edited by Loranc

Yes, Paypal is better for Obsidian. I believe Kick Starter takes a portion.

Okay, thank you, I'll do that then. People don't panic when you see the total go down a smidgeon. ;)

Update #23 - Less than 50 hours to go!

Update #23 · Oct. 14, 2012 · 8 comments

We’ve hit the $3M mark now on Project Eternity and it’s on to add another Big, Big City to the game! We have less than 50 hours to go before the Kickstarter ends!

Before we announce some new stuff, some quick housekeeping is in order. If you are looking to add anything on to your pledge, check out our Project Eternity Add-On Listpage. This includes instructions on how to add on other options, as well as what our current offerings are.

Also to reduce some confusion in finding what each tier contains (we’re no longer able to update some of our posts on the Kickstarter site), we have a comprehensive list of theProject Eternity Reward Tiers up as well over on our Tumblr site.

Two last items, we’re hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) tomorrow on reddit. A number of Project Eternity staffers will be on hand at 10AM PDT / 1PM ET to answer your questions about the game! Then at 5 PM PDT / 8 ET, watch us on Ustream play some D&D in the studio!

Project Eternity the Documentary

The big news for the day is that we are adding a documentary covering the development of Project Eternity.

After getting a lot of requests to do a documentary, like the Double Fine Adventure, we started looking into it a couple of weeks ago. We talked about it more last week and decided that we don’t have a visual history of one of our games, even after almost ten years as a company. We felt it was something we should just do and do it without it being a new stretch goal.

So, we are happy to announce that we are going to include a stream, download, or physical copy of the documentary in all of our Kickstarter reward tiers. At the $20/$25 level you will be able to stream it, at the $35 level you will be able to download it, and at the $140 level (and physical tiers above) we will include a DVD / Blu-ray.

PE-DocumentaryOptions.jpg

We are not going to use the Kickstarter funding to do this however, since this is something we decided to do anyway. To us, it is a thank you to all of you for supporting us over the last month in making Project Eternity a reality and a historical record for everyone at Obsidian as well.

Project Eternity Playing Cards Add-On

As a fun new add-on for Sunday, we are now offering Project Eternity playing cards for $10. Designed by Scott Everts, one of our longtime technical artists who worked on Black Isle’s Infinity Engine games, and does a lot of work on board games, he designed this beautiful set which will feature characters and maybe critters (Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful anyone?) from Project Eternity. Check out the Project Eternity Add-On List on how to add-on items to your pledge. (Please note: Playing Cards only available to tiers including physical items. For digital tier folks, we’ll hopefully sell these as a future store offering.)

PE-AddOn-Cards.jpg

New Wallpaper

Last, but not least, we’ve received a lot of great feedback on the concept art for some of our first key characters. So here is a new wallpaper with each of the characters that we have released so far. Might we be releasing more art soon? Stay tuned…

wallpaper002-640x400.jpg

1920x1080 | 1920x1200

Tomorrow, we will be updating everyone with a schedule for Tuesday and another fun add-on. Oh and we have some plans for a crazy new reward tier for Tuesday morning.

Thanks everyone!

Update by Feargus Urquhart

FORUMS: Join in the discussion on Update #23!

Like us on Facebook! Next goal is 40,000 likes for another Mega Dungeon level. We're also on Twitter: @Obsidian. We announce ongoing PayPal figures there too.

Edited by Loranc

The dungeon was updated as well.

8e49251cb52cd7f380027dd0366b5d52_large.jpg?1350252021

Edited by Loranc

That statue has to be of Od Nua. If you are a mad megalomanicacal wizard then of course you would dominate the dungeon with a massive statue of yourself.

So it must be designed to show the entire statue then. Sucks we won't get that far, but I'm hoping we'll hit level 11. We're 1,252 backers away from level 10.

Edited by Loranc

Small update for those wondering about continuing PayPal after Kick Starter ends.

qewvvagl5irjofu51b0e_normal.jpeg

will paypal end with the kickstarter campaign or will their be opportunities to donate through paypal past Tuesday?

g2rlq80hhs0495tzf2qx_normal.jpeg

Not 100% sure yet. Hope to get that clarified tomorrow.

Edited by Loranc

Our next 2 hour update is here. 3,165,037 a whopping 20,638 increase or 10.3k/hour. 63,848 backers that's a 218 increase or 109/hour.

(You may have noticed me fiddling with my signature colors, was trying to get some non annoying/too bright colors, think I'm finally done changing them, sorry about that if it was too bright for anyone before.)

Edited by Loranc

what's the problem about continueing (? looks odd) paypal after kickstarter has ended? ...

They will have clarification for us tomorrow, I see no reason why they wouldn't continue, but the person who was answering on Twitter probably just doesn't know. I don't foresee any problem with continuing but a lot of people have been asking if Obsidian will keep the Paypal open after the KS. The point would be to keep raising in funds and making the game better and better.

Fun fact! We are 20,000 away from beating our donation intake on Friday for KS, Friday's donations of 142,737 were the highest we've seen since the first four days of the KS, the fourth day generating 156,501.

Help! I'm currently on the paypal page. I've decided on the $100 pledge + $20 int postage and $8 for the order. How do I increase to $128, or do just make a note of it for Obsidian?

On the KS page you can change/edit the amount you donate and at the end they send out a survey to see what the extra money is for. I'm not sure if the Paypal page works the same, maybe someone else can clarify better and answer this question.

• Like 1