Countdown to Eternity.

I was wondering how you knew they were updating. :p Magic!

Say, huh.... what is that green monster head on the tier pictures supposed to mean? I never noticed it before...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I was wondering how you knew they were updating. :p Magic!

Say, huh.... what is that green monster head on the tier pictures supposed to mean? I never noticed it before...

The exclusive in game pet starts at the 50$ tier? Maybe that's it. Took me forever to figure out what it could be.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

2 hour update 3,118,641 a 18,504 increase (9.2k/hour) we are now at 62,903 backers a 303 increase (151/hour).

A few things to note we donated 104,819 to kickstarter yesterday and today we are already at 83,709.

Edited by Loranc

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Do you think 3,5 mil is a possibility Loranc?

I think 4 million is a possibility at this point. Even just projecting minimum amounts of donations we would end with 3,330,641. Then adding in the four websites that are donating and estimating paypal donations..... A little over 3,400,000.

It's possible...would take a huge push on Monday and Tuesday. Time for Obsidian to open up the press on gaming/pc sites! :dancing:

We wouldn't need much of a push at all to be honest. As long as we remain steady with our current rate, the weekends seem to generate less donations. We're going to hit this 3.5 million goal, and I'm pretty damn confident about that.

Come Monday:

Puuuuuuush. You can do it, Kickstarter! I know this is a big one--lookit the head circumference, man--puuuuuuush!

KS: omfgwhydidIdeclinetheepiduralffffff-----!!!!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian

#ProjectEternity PayPal update: $81,817 - 1674 backers

Looks like they've been busy bees on twitter today you can check it out by clicking the @obsidian link in the quote.

Edited by Loranc

I think 3.4 million on kickstarter and 100k on paypal has a strong possibility.

We're likely going to hit 3,200,000 today. I would love to hit 3,300,000 today though. That would be the best outcome.

We're likely going to hit 3,200,000 today. I would love to hit 3,300,000 today though. That would be the best outcome.

Do you mean today as in your *today*?

Because it's like 4 hours to the second last day for the kickstarter.

Do you mean today as in your *today*?

Because it's like 4 hours to the second last day for the kickstarter.

I live in EDT, so I've been keeping track of it that way. On Tuesday it's only going to run for 21 hours so I consider today to still have 7 hours.

This project will be funded on Tuesday Oct 16, 9:00pm EDT.

Loranc, i just want to say that im very grateful for your updates. I do so hate having big lags in my info streams.

Thanks man, I love doing the updates because I get to see just how much closer we are to that 3.5 million goal! It's also interesting to see the rate/hour.

2 hour update time! Wooo! 3,141,595 is our new total - 15,345 (7.6k/hour) increase (and yes I did figure in the new Paypal amount for this one and the previous to keep things accurate.) 63,579 is our new backer amount - 212 increase. (106/hour)

Moving this over here so I don't have to go back a page for it.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian

#ProjectEternity PayPal update: $81,817 - 1674 backers

Edited by Loranc

there are always people holding back but if u look at the average sum people have pledged it is 49.43 Dollar per person, it was 47.85 with Wasteland 2 and 38.29 with the Doublefine-adventure. I think most people have already upped their pledge more than once (like me) and have reached the limit of what they are willing to pay for the game. The addon did rise this bar quite notable (well done!), but I think there is no more milk in that bag now.

So I think getting undecided and new people now is the only way to reach 3.5 M, so media appearances where they haven't been already would be nice.. :D

I personally think they will stop at 3.4 M what raises questions how Obsidian would react to that on the stretchgoal.

there are always people holding back but if u look at the average sum people have pledged it is 49.43 Dollar per person, it was 47.85 with Wasteland 2 and 38.29 with the Doublefine-adventure. I think most people have already upped their pledge more than once (like me) and have reached the limit of what they are willing to pay for the game. The addon did rise this bar quite notable (well done!), but I think there is no more milk in that bag now.

So I think getting undecided and new people now is the only way to reach 3.5 M, so media appearances where they haven't been already would be nice.. :D

I personally think they will stop at 3.4 M what raises questions how Obsidian would react to that on the stretchgoal.

I fully see this project reaching near 4 million personally. Since I started this thread I have yet to see the numbers dwindle down, and I don't foresee that happening when it's about over.

well kickstarter are a new thing, people always take doublefine as reference for what is going to happen, but that was the first project and thus had another impact on media, is another genre that could reach more people through that and could also take more money from people in last minutes, because average amouth was a lot lower. I am not sure if P:E didn't cut off a bit the last minute impact by making the great new update with the addon news quite a while before end of the project. I think it did, but that doesn't matter, it will be the same or more money they reach through that. I think we just cannot expect the project to go through the roof with 400'000 in 48 hours now. But we will see and of course everyone here hopes they will.

well kickstarter are a new thing, people always take doublefine as reference for what is going to happen, but that was the first project and thus had another impact on media, is another genre that could reach more people through that and could also take more money from people in last minutes, because average amouth was a lot lower. I am not sure if P:E didn't cut off a bit the last minute impact by making the great new update with the addon news quite a while before end of the project. I think it did, but that doesn't matter, it will be the same or more money they reach through that. I think we just cannot expect the project to go through the roof with 400'000 in 48 hours now. But we will see and of course everyone here hopes they will.

It's not just DA. There have been plenty of successful projects where the last minute bump hold true.

Adding in the various websites and my last configured amount we don't need 400,000 in 48 hours. We need 342,683 in 52 hours.

An average of 6000/hour plus Paypal backers and this goal will be sealed.

Edited by Loranc

Another fun fact, every Sunday since this has started we have generated less money than on the previous Saturday, well folks that's about to change. We are 5,355 donations away from Kick Starter from breaking a trend and having more money donated on Sunday than Saturday for the first time in this Kick Starter. (This doesn't include PayPal). Currently at 99,464 donated today on Kick Starter!!! Go us!

Edited by Loranc