Countdown to Eternity.

Maybe if it falls short of $3.5 they can give us a mega-village instead of a big city. :shifty:

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Wooo 7 hours later we saw a small dip. 3,045,998 (3593/hour) 61,896 backers (38/hour).

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Fun fact Wasteland 2 ended with $3,039,923 (this includes Paypal donations) So we passed them by 6,075 with 65 hours yet to go. Doube Fine hit 3.3 million (Not sure if they had Paypal and if that number has Paypal figured in.) I'd love to pass 3.3 million today, but it's more likely going to happen Monday. Monday is going to be a big day for donations.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Thanks heaps for doing this Loranc.

Wow, I'm really feeling the tension building, I'm amazed at how excited I am :dancing:

Project Eternity has captured my imagination and heart. A 2nd big city would just be the best icing for this cake. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!

Thanks heaps for doing this Loranc.

Wow, I'm really feeling the tension building, I'm amazed at how excited I am :dancing:

Project Eternity has captured my imagination and heart. A 2nd big city would just be the best icing for this cake. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!

Not a problem, I am thoroughly enjoying doing this, seeing how close we're getting to that goal. And I'm hoping that it will continue to get others motivated as well, seeing how well we're doing and that we are not far off from 3.5 million. Adam kept saying something a long the lines of 'Dream the impossible dream', last night during IWD2's Ustream. This isn't just a stretch goal for us but a dream goal for the Obsidian team, and that is really awesome. They are just as excited as we are about reaching this goal and creating that second big big city.

Also our friends over at the rpgcodex http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8456 have raised $6,593 to donate towards PE so they can get one of the highest tier packages and put their own design into the game. That's a pretty big chunk of change as well, though their intentions may be a bit ... well read it for yourself and see :p

Edited by Loranc

Great thread and it looks like the $3.5M is really doable....amazing!

I'd like to help but tapped out pledging extra to achieve the Ziets stretch goal.

Go everyone else!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

3 1/2 more hours have gone by and we're now at 3,061,354 a 15,356 increase. (4k/hour so we're back to our normal pace) 62,107 backers, a 211 increase (50/hour back to the norm). A little over 62 hours left on the counter and we're already making a good pace for the day. We've already earned 27,127 donations in just kickstarter funds today. I doubt we'll see a paypal update on sunday, but perhaps we'll get new information monday.

The Kickstarter total (excluding Paypal) is now approaching $3M - which means PE has already passed Wasteland 2 ($2,933,252), making it the second most successful Kickstarted game already. In order to reach the #1 spot it would have to beat Doble Fine Adventure and raise at least $3,336,372.

Assuming additionally around $100.000 through Paypal, the project would still be $63,628 short of the $3.5M goal, but that can probably be reached by keeping the Paypal option open for a few weeks more.

So, is $3,336,372 a realistic goal? Unfortunately it is a bit doubtful, as it would require an average of $5700/hour for the remaining time, and while I would love to see that happening, I have some doubts the final spike will be big enough. Still, one can hope.

So, is $3,336,372 a realistic goal? Unfortunately it is a bit doubtful, as it would require an average of $5700/hour for the remaining time, and while I would love to see that happening, I have some doubts the final spike will be big enough. Still, one can hope.

It would have to have a worse spike than W2 did to not reach that goal.

I think that's unlikely.

Edited by C2B

My prediction:

Verily, Obsidian will releaseth something uexpected for the finale. Maybe another screenshot with character avatars of much awe. Mayhap a tiny mock-up-ette of projected gameplay.

This will resulteth in a nerdgasm tremedous (and the heavens shall tremble), resulting in a last minute mountain of treasure!

I am a sage with powers unusual. I felt this in my water when I took my ablutions this morning.

So it has been spoken, so it shall be.

(Excerpt from the Montecromicon, the holy text of Grognards)

• Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

My prediction:

Verily, Obsidian will releaseth something uexpected for the finale. Maybe another screenshot with character avatars of much awe. Mayhap a tiny mock-up-ette of projected gameplay.

This will resulteth in a nerdgasm tremedous (and the heavens shall tremble), resulting in a last minute mountain of treasure!

I am a sage with powers unusual. I felt this in my water when I took my ablutions this morning.

So it has been spoken, so it shall be.

(Excerpt from the Montecromicon, the holy text of Grognards)

Heh that's pretty funny. And they have things planned already for Monday and Tuesday. They are doing a D&D night (sucks that i work 12 hour shifts monday and tuesday, so i'll miss out on most of it).

Monday, October 15

• 10:00am PDT - Reddit AMA with the Project Eternity Team - Reddit.
  • 5:00pm PDT - Game night at Obsidian. Watch us play D&D at the studio! - UStream.

Tuesday, October 16

• 12:00pm PDT - The final countdown starts at the Obsidian Office - UStream.
  • 6:00pm PDT - The Project Eternity Kickstarter ends!

Also keep in mind guys that i'm using the 'bare' absolute bare minimum projections, meaning that I'm assuming PE is going to get the very least amount of money 4k/hour and backers 50/hour. Yesterday afternoon we had several spikes.

It's that time again doing it a few early as i'm watching Adam. Here we go! We're at 2,972,366 with 61,245 backers. We've made 11,323 in donations in the last 2 hours and 115 backers.
As you can see here that's 5.6k/hour

It's that time once again. 2 hour update - 2,987,641 our total donations and 61,405 backers. That's a 15,275 increase in the past two hours and 160 new backers. Looks like we've increased quite a bit this is the largest we've accumulated today in a 2 hour period.
And here 7.6k/hour

So please bare in mind that i'm simply 'assuming' that we'll get the lowest averages when I say we'll see 3.3 'minimum' when the kick starter ends.

Edited by Loranc

2 hour update! 3,072,257 - 10,903 increase 5.4k/hour. Backer count 62,238 (we are 262 backers from dungeon level 9) 131 increase 65/hour. We are 427,743 away from the big big city. (This doesn't include the 6.5k from rpgcodex or an updated Paypal donation amount).

2 hour update we are now at 3,086,017 a 13,760 increase. (6.8k/hour) 62,373 backers a 135 increase. (67/hour). We are getting closer and closer to our goals. At minimum projection we'll be at 3,150,000 by the end of today, giving us a little over 45 hours to get the remaining 350,000. This goal is very doable.

Another 2 hour update we are at 62,600 backers that means we've gotten another mega dungeon level! A 227 increase (113/hour) We are now at 3,100,137 donations. (Not including the websites that are going to be donating or updated Paypal information.) A 14,120 increase or 7k/hour.

off topic, but do they ever do sunday updates?

They probably will in this case being that the Kick Starter is almost over.

They look to be updating right now. Or at least that bar towards the next dungeon level looks like it moved. Or maybe i'm just crazy.

Edited by Loranc

Wasn't much of an update unfortunately :(

187779_82956101592_3567500_q.jpg

Obsidian Entertainment updated their cover photo.

42 minutes ago

536283_10151115813246593_750135879_n.jpg

·
·

Edited by Loranc