Countdown to Eternity.

Figured we should have a countdown topic, this is from twitter. Current PayPal status for #ProjectEternity: $57,462.21, 1210 backers, posted 1:30 yesterday afternoon. That puts us at 2,931,189 with 60784 backers. According to http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/#chart-daily we donated 142,737 yesterday. And already 17,270 today. Which i'm pretty sure doesn't include paypal day to day. So we're probably looking at 160,000 in one day.

What time does everyone think we'll hit the 3 million mark, and how much do you think we'll gross in kickstarter + paypal donations today?

I personally think we'll drop a little today from the estimated 160,000 donations, and am expecting around 120,000 total donations today. Though we do get to watch Adam play IWD2 all day today, so that may actually increase pledging due to nostalgia. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/project-eternity-live-stream that's the site for the stream that will happen in 6 hours I do believe.

I think we'll hit the 3 million mark this is including the paypal pledges btw, I think we'll nail it at around 5 pm today.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

It's going slow now, but I guess Americas sleeping.

Hate that I am going to miss most of the IWD II-run since I will need to sleep :(

Hopefully it does give a bunch of money, instead making people too distract to pay :D

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

There's that document, I was looking for that sucker earlier and couldn't find it.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

We are now at 2,939,252 nearly two hours after my original post. Looks like we're trending about 4,000 an hour, and the day hasn't even really started yet. At this rate we'll be looking at 2,975,000 by my 5 pm estimation of 3 million. Not including the new paypal donations. Not bad for a Saturday if it stays at a rate of 4k/hour we'll trend 96,000 in kickstarter funds, just a little short of what I expected to see by the end of the day. With that in mind and not taking into consideration 'any' paypal donations we're looking at 3,227,000 (at the end of day 10/15) that's just amazing and this project is going to blow right past the other kick starters. We've also gained an additional 121 backers in the past 2 hours. By the time this is over we'll be looking at 6,500 + backers, which will give us 10 levels of the dungeon! Keep in mind they stated that they have plans up to 15 levels, but 10 would still be an amazing thing to see.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 1

Two hour update, with five hours to go till the live stream of Adam getting creamed on IWD2. We are up to 2,950,735 (keep in mind this includes yesterdays twitter account of paypal pledges). That's 11,483 gain in the past two hours. Putting us at 61,011 (again with the known backers from obsidians twitter from yesterday afternoon). We are now 49,265 away from our 3 million goal and 1489 backers away from the ninth level of our dungeon. They still haven't updated the 8th level from the 60,000 backer count, they said yesterday the man working on it was still in the process of drawing it.

Two hour update, with five hours to go till the live stream of Adam getting creamed on IWD2. We are up to 2,950,735 (keep in mind this includes yesterdays twitter account of paypal pledges). That's 11,483 gain in the past two hours. Putting us at 61,011 (again with the known backers from obsidians twitter from yesterday afternoon). We are now 49,265 away from our 3 million goal and 1489 backers away from the ninth level of our dungeon. They still haven't updated the 8th level from the 60,000 backer count, they said yesterday the man working on it was still in the process of drawing it.

Random Information: The man working on it is Rob Nesler.

The weekend is usually where we have our lowest days for pledges. I'm not expecting quite as much on Sat and Sun as we've had the last couple days. Monday and Tuesday should make up for it though.

Edited by Eryss

Here we go another update, and sorry about the IWD2 live feed times they were a little off earlier. (Okay way off :p) Looks like we've got 1 hour till Adam plays IWD2 visit the official forum link for more information http://forums.obsidi...cewind-dale-ii/ and a link to the stream http://www.ustream.t...ity-live-stream.

So here's where we're at 2,961,043 a 10308 increase (without having the newest up to date paypal information). And we added another 119 backers bringing us to 61,130. Go us! We're almost to our 3 million goal and then from there it's onto 3.5!

Edited by Loranc

It's going to be close for the 3.5 and Obsidian will need some mind blowing updates to up the pledges. We saw a large increase following the expansion being available as a $20 addon but this interestingly seemed to also come from ne backers as thousands have poured in since....around 5k of them or so. I wonder if they have anything that else that can really incite such a reaction or stronger. Beyond that there are also likely to be plenty of last second pledgers who don't want to miss out.

I know they count paypal funds towards stretch goals but I haven't seen them count paypal backers towards dungeon levels yet.....I wonder if they actually do.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

It's going to be close for the 3.5 and Obsidian will need some mind blowing updates to up the pledges. We saw a large increase following the expansion being available as a $20 addon but this interestingly seemed to also come from ne backers as thousands have poured in since....around 5k of them or so. I wonder if they have anything that else that can really incite such a reaction or stronger. Beyond that there are also likely to be plenty of last second pledgers who don't want to miss out.

They did a Q&A yesterday with pcgamer that i'm sure got a lot of interest as well. I think screenshots, lore, general information, and just answers will be what really boosts pledges at this point. A lot of people are hesitant to pledge or to pledge more because they don't know enough about the game yet. Right after that Q&A there was a huge spike in donations. So I'm hoping they continue with the live feeds, the Q&A's and the screenshots.

It's that time again doing it a few early as i'm watching Adam. Here we go! We're at 2,972,366 with 61,245 backers. We've made 11,323 in donations in the last 2 hours and 115 backers.

I know they count paypal funds towards stretch goals but I haven't seen them count paypal backers towards dungeon levels yet.....I wonder if they actually do.

I could have sworn we asked this question and they replied with a yes. But I can't confirm it, hmmm... anyone else remember this from yesterday's live feed?

Thinking about it, why would they bother posting the backer count on twitter if it didn't count?

I think I saw a yes on that as well.

Thanks for the confirmation! I could have sworn they did :p

Edited by Loranc

Yup, they count...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's that time once again. 2 hour update - 2,987,641 our total donations and 61,405 backers. That's a 15,275 increase in the past two hours and 160 new backers. Looks like we've increased quite a bit this is the largest we've accumulated today in a 2 hour period.

Official Paypal amount is $74,208, attempting to get a backer count.

Update time. We're at 3,012,830, with 61,520 backers (we don't have a new backer update for Paypal yet). After doing the math and adding on the new Paypal amount to the last post we gained 8444 in the past 2 hours. We are now back to our 4/hour trend, it seems we've lost that nice spike we had the past few hours. Gaining 115 new backers 50/hour, it's not bad.

Estimated trend with minimum average projection: 300,000 by the time kickstarter ends. (This is using a 4000/hour average and not counting new Paypal amounts or spikes.) Giving us 3,312,830. Estimated backers 65,270. (Again not including new Paypal backers).

Okay folks, up to 3,020,843 with 61,625 backers. Still keeping our same trend as before gaining 8,013 and 105 new backers.