Voices in the game

That too would be limitating the writers. To do nothing the last few months of development.

With all the text that's going to be in, I would be glad last-minute refinement is an option...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

That too would be limitating the writers. To do nothing the last few months of development.

With all the text that's going to be in, I would be glad last-minute refinement is an option...

It's always a possibility to add more and more to the game. Keep in mind that they'll be keeping the paypal donations open after the kickstarter, and that's going to generate a lot of money in the year and a half they take to make the game. There's no telling what they'll do with all the added/extra money, but they stated that all the donation money would be used towards PE and not their upcoming expansion, so at least we have piece of mind knowing that whatever we donate is going to be used to make PE the best game it can possibly be. If they get enough money and decide to add more voice acting, that's cool. But I'd rather see bigger environments, more cities, dungeons, areas to explore, more characters to interact with, companions, monsters, I mean there's so much more I'd rather see with this game with the money that's being donated towards it. Voice acting for me is very low on the priority list of things.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

For me full VO is never going to appear on any wish list of game features I'd like to see regardless of where the budget goes - I am very pleased the game is going with a similar set-up as the IE games for voicing - to me it means more dialoge and more content and more immersion in a gameworld atmosphere vs less of those features & minimal immersion in an interactive movie with full VO.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

@ddillon: ahh when people assume things, such as me not having played skyrim... It has good voice acting. Many of the 'stories' are kinda meh though. My point still stands and hasn't changed. Also keep in mind Skyrims freakin' huge. The number of things they had to keep track of and handle in relation with the VO is staggering compared to other games. Ultimately the issues I have with that game story wise aren't the VO and ultimately are due to the lack player choice with in any given situation, but again, giant ass game.

In the end I don't like homemade amateur movies or voice work, with a few exceptions. I may add, 100% of all those exceptions (so far) have all been comedic based and not the kind of VO work you get in games (which is often a mix, such as IE/Skyrim), but its usually extremely amusing as it intends to be. So for example I could see some VO work in a... Portal mod/add on via the community being hilarious and fun (although probably not as good as the actual game was, or Portal 2 for that matter). But something like BG2, PST? It falls flat.

Def Con: kills owls dead

For me personally characters having voices is really important to me, it really ups the immersion. In my mind there are 3 levels of voice in a game and I will try to explain why I want and why there are 3.

Firstly you have the party. Party members bantering and chatting in the background, having conversations with them at camp adds a huge level to the world for me. Now your character having a voice doesnt matter to me, DA2 did not benefit from it and that is one voice i like creating in my head. I'm going to put the "major" characters in this as well, which for me is anyone involved in the main storyline. These guys are aroound a lot and

On the next you have the people who give you side quests and who do talk to you quite often, crafters, merchants, etc. They may only have a few lines of dialogue but especially if you deal with them frequesntly like you do with merchants it just adds to the immersion, reading dialogue from these guys would just add a layer between you and the game and thats not a good thing.

Finally you have the ambiant sound. This is walking through a city and just over hearing conversations going on, hearing a priest preaching on a corner, a beggar begging. Cities are noisy places but that noise is not just bells ringing, or carts going through, its mostly chatter and thats what brings cities to life.

I understand that the old infinity engine games didnt have everyone talking, sadly they came before I really got into RPGs so I havent played them yet, but I would like to think that even they can be improved upon and that in this day and age we can one up them per say. Am I the only one who wants a talking, living world?

I agree that sound and voice is incredibly important and enhances the feeling of immersion. Has it been stated that there won't be much emphasis put on voice in the game??

I agree that sound and voice is incredibly important and enhances the feeling of immersion. Has it been stated that there won't be much emphasis put on voice in the game??

Please read up this thread, and do a search for "voice" threads.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)