I'm not Evil I'm just thorough... well OK maybe I'm a little evil

you could blow up megaton and still talk to the npc's there, as ghosts.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Killing someone withour people knowing it was you should require thought, massacring everyone does not and should not be rewarded.

Explain why one way should be and another not? They should both be rewarded with different and unique content.

No, I think I have explained perfectly well, if the player wants to go around murdering everyone in real life they should accept the consequences of their actions, there is a reason why people who go on killing sprees end up dead.

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Killing someone withour people knowing it was you should require thought, massacring everyone does not and should not be rewarded.

Explain why one way should be and another not? They should both be rewarded with different and unique content.

No, I think I have explained perfectly well, if the player wants to go around murdering everyone in real life they should accept the consequences of their actions, there is a reason why people who go on killing sprees end up dead.

I just had an image of a bunch of do-gooder paladins hunting you down in game for burninating a village or other equally dastardly deeds. Could be fun.

Edited by Amyrantha
  • Like 1

fwul38.jpg

"There's a bodybag out there with that scudball's name on it, and I'm doing up the zip. Anyone who gets in my way gets a napalm enema. "

- Lister

Except some don't.

Besides having a bounty posted on the party is a content reward, it just has to make more sense then 'you didn't kill everyone' despite the fact no one survived. Or the invisible law seen you do it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Personally - it's about choice and consequence.

Provided the game appropriately models the consequences of the choices you make, then you should be able to go around and kill everything that moves (and perhaps beat the occasional inanimate object) providing the game behaviour towards you changes accordingly.

NPC's should therefore not be a protected species; if the PC kills an NPC and loses a plot line that sounds like a consequence to me not a game failure :brows:

I just had an image of a bunch of do-gooder paladins hunting you down in game for burninating a village or other equally dastardly deeds. Could be fun.

I'd find it funny if you could convince them that it was another NPC party of paladins and then watch them slaughter each other! :D

Except some don't.

Besides having a bounty posted on the party is a content reward, it just has to make more sense then 'you didn't kill everyone' despite the fact no one survived. Or the invisible law seen you do it.

Except they do. Dude, cite me one case where a guy goes on a killing spree outside of a war and gets away with it. Go out and try to murder a village yourself, and see how long it takes people to get away and inform the authorities. Serial killers cover their tracks, take precautions etc to avoid getting caught, why would they bother if they could just murder everyone and get off scot free?

*Sigh* Killing everyone that moves in an entire village is not going to go unnoticed, no matter how hard you try, and if they are modeled seriously a party of six is not going to be able to murder everyone as people flee. Things don't happen in a vacuum, the lords will want to know why their villages are suddenly becoming depopulated, and there'll be people offmap who should really come and investigate but don't due to the limitations of the system and the like, and the player gets enough reward with the loot he gets when he kills them that he can spend in the short time he's got left, there'll be investigations and someone will put two and two together. If they don't feel the need to take the effort to kill someone quietly or subtly in order to avoid the wrath of the law then there is something wrong with the game, rampant murders should be reacted to realistically, which I've already explained.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams