Just in case the PcGamer site goes down:

Josh Sawyer said:

the other race we haven't talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat... different, but they are still a bipedal race. we're still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they're in a good place.

I'm thinking Polynesian orcs.

fb_share2.png

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Humans -> Elves -> Dwarves -> Orcs/Lizardmen.

You forgot "Orlans" :p

Could be then Gnomes.

Now we have the full DnD set.

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

Humans -> Elves -> Dwarves -> Orcs/Lizardmen.

You forgot "Orlans" :p

Could be then Gnomes.

Now we have the full DnD set.

And Godlike race :p :p

Tieflings and Asimar.

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

I personally don't know what the hell Obsidian is doing :/

Sorry they put Elves, Dwarfs and they are used ine every cRPG (in fantsy world) and they don't need to change their names ?!

Why change names NOW ? Gnomes no it must be Orlans !!!! YUPI we are cool an original ...

Next ... Something LARGE ... ogres ? NO! ... ORCS ? ... NO ! ... Lets make a name that nobady can spell right Auamaueamdhgrfvudbhbudb thing whould be great ... We are Cool again and we put something new .... YUPI !!!!

Are you serius ?! In my opinion they starting to makeing Joke ...of us. WE gave them money so now they mock us?! I think somebody's forgeting that if we did not gave them money they wouldn't make even card game !

They starting to not lisen "US" the funders ... :/

I'm starting to have concerns about the future of P:E ... What's next ? Ugibugi Race ? Or mayby drunkard class ? Or mayby They will making jokes and put GAY romance options ( and if you not do it you don't get specialization), like this from Dragon Age 2 ?

Edited by ArchBeast

Man if random people just started pooping on my work (even though I actually know what the eff I'm doing since it's my chosen *career* and they're nobodies) I'd be a little mad.

Also, a name is literally the least important aspect of a race (and pretty much anything) in a new fantasy setting. I can't think of anything more petty to cry about. Such a thing literally doesn't exist. You couldn't even Wish (lvl 9 Spell) for it.

edit:had to replace some mean words.

Edited by Lv99Wizard

They think my style strange,

I think they all the same.

Can't say I like the name either, to be honest. Doesn't sound particularly well to me.

This is 4 obsidian mistakes, first orlans (almost like orlean), then auauauaua name, bullets that are inafected by magic and mage COMMONLY wer plate armor for protection, and Cipher class name ... is this name have ANY connetion tu Cipher ? ...

Its ONLY a begginig .. if they still whon't lern from they mistakes and not coract it we will not have cross beetween Arcanum/BG and Planescape but cros between NWN2/Dragon age 2 and oblivion

Also, a name is literally the least important aspect of a race (and pretty much anything) in a new fantasy setting.

If you think that name of RACE is not important then, what name is ? Even a good game with randomly named elemets (witch no connetion to anything) is worthless becouse names are only a begining "EVERYthing must be connectet to Everything that colled a lure or game world" if we will by make every part random, independent elements we will not get 1 world but 10000000000000000 not connectet random elemets.

You can't ceate a GOOD WORLD if part's of it are chosen randomly ... Have anywone of you asked question "WHY THIS NAME ? and not other ?!"

Edited by ArchBeast

Sorry they put Elves, Dwarfs and they are used ine every cRPG (in fantsy world) and they don't need to change their names ?!

Why change names NOW ? Gnomes no it must be Orlans !!!! YUPI we are cool an original ...

Next ... Something LARGE ... ogres ? NO! ... ORCS ? ... NO ! ... Lets make a name that nobady can spell right Auamaueamdhgrfvudbhbudb thing whould be great ... We are Cool again and we put something new .... YUPI !!!!

Are you serius ?! In my opinion they starting to makeing Joke ...of us. WE gave them money so now they mock us?! I think somebody's forgeting that if we did not gave them money they wouldn't make even card game !

I'm starting to have concerns about the future of P:E ... What's next ? Ugibugi Race ? Or mayby drunkard class ? Or mayby They will making jokes and put GAY romance options ( and if you not do it you don't get specialization), like this from Dragon Age 2 ?

.....aaaand there's the downside of crowdfunding, everyone. Thanks for the demo.

I'm thinking it will be a semi-aquatic race, they said it will be bipedal so I'd be thinking of something that looks along the lines of Abe Sapien from Hellboy without the need for goggles or any kind of breathing apparatus on land and a bit bigger and more muscular.

15709_1213884789295_226_300.jpg

It would mean the race could wear standard armors/weapons and not have too many issues doing stuff the other races can.

.....aaaand there's the downside of crowdfunding, everyone. Thanks for the demo.

If why don't start acting critic on their mistakes, soon they will come to spit on our face and we still will be saying that's only a rain.....

Besides i DON"R need to found ANYTHIG to be crticic anout something i dont like ....

What becouse we give them cash there must be comunism now ? Everybody must be silent ? Everybody must me happy ?

The fact that we help funding this game turn fans intu what ? Obey a sect in which each member must agree on what they(obsidian) are doing ? OR what ?

They will decide to NOT do this game ?! OK

But let's be honest obsidian can do good games (BG, Arcanum) an week games (NWN2 official campain) so my criticism is entirely justified.

Edited by ArchBeast

I really dislike it when people like you try to speak for "us". Just because they decide to do certain things not exactly the way YOU want it doesn't mean they're not listening. There're plenty of people who completely opposite opinions and of course the developers have their own ideas too. "Listening" means striking a balance between all that.

The term "gnome" comes with certain expectation about their culture, like reliance on technology and magic and such. If Orlans are culturally and physically different enough from gnomes/halflings and the likes, they are essentially something new and it makes plenty of sense to go with a new name to reflect that.

The same goes for Aumaua and Ogres if it would apply, but how you jump from the description Josh gave to "they're simply Ogres renamed for sure!!" is beyond me.

Also, if any romance options that would be in the game don't depict a realistic variety of sexualities I'm going to be pissed.

Edited by ImRhoven
  • Like 3