Why does it matter?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There are so many game of the year awards, it seems hard not to get one. Every single publication has their own game of the year, then they also have genre game of the year awards.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nahh, whatever super-big AAA game drops in 2014 or whenever this will be out will be the GoTY of everyone.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

GotY means absolutely nothing these days.

I don't understand this trend to cry out "revolution in gaming" and "GotY for sure" whenever an interesting game is announced. We haven't played it yet - heck, they barely started working on it - how on earth can we know if it's GotY material? All we've got is a single screenshot and three songs.

Are you guys kidding me?

First of all everyone knows Barbies Horsetime Adventure 5 is gonna win GoTY in 2014, what else would it be?

Runner up will be Half Life 4 - The Final Episode which will be an RTS.

PE Doesn't stand a chance against these behemoths...

Well, an award like GotY is HIGHLY subjective, plus, as others have mentioned, there's like a billion GotY awards given out each year. As to whether Project Eternity has the potential to be the best game released in 2014? Abso-freakin-lutley!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think unless it meets a Metacritic score of 95 it will be considered a complete failure. :fdevil:

It will not score 95 on Meta. Professional reviewers will say that it has archaic grapgics, no full VO, no multiplayer, no golden path leading players to their goals, no Jessica Chobot licking stuff, that the shooting mechanics are a complete failure and the game is so incredibly difficult that the first playthrough should've been a tutorial, like in Diablo III...and they'll give it a 2 out of 10.

Edited by norolim
  • Like 1

I think unless it meets a Metacritic score of 95 it will be considered a complete failure. :fdevil:

It will not score 95 on Meta. Professional reviewers will say that it has archaic grapgics, no full VO, no multiplayer, no golden path leading players to their goals, no Jessica Chobot licking stuff, that the shooting mechanics are a complete failure and the game is so incredibly difficult that the first playthrough should've been a tutorial, like in Diablo III...and they'll give it a 2 out of 10.

Agreed, though in this case Obsidian won't have a publisher canceling everyone's bonus because they missed an arbitrary metacritic score goal by 1 point. And I'm pretty sure Obsidian feels pretty good about that situation.

...no Jessica Chobot licking stuff...

What?! I thought this was a stretch goal?

Naw, I think (most) game magazines want so bad to prop up a good product from a small company (see: CD ProjeKt Red)-- and then to do it without the classic publisher relationship? Baldur's Gate II is still one of the top rated games ever, so I think PE will do just fine. If anything it'll get the 'quaint' sympathy vote.

...no Jessica Chobot licking stuff...

What?! I thought this was a stretch goal?

Me too. I already cancelled my pledge.

Naw, I think (most) game magazines want so bad to prop up a good product from a small company (see: CD ProjeKt Red)

Yea...I'm looking at it right now: 45% "...because the game was too difficult."

Baldur's Gate II is still one of the top rated games ever, so I think PE will do just fine. If anything it'll get the 'quaint' sympathy vote.

Yes. It will be a real test for those pseudo-reviewers integrity.

Edited by norolim

The majority of reviewers have no integrity, either they are bought off or pressured by the current trends.

Eternity is above reviews at the moment, the fans laid down their money already, they have faith in Obsidian and no review from someone that does not understand the genre will say them.

Regardless of scores upon release Eternity is profitable and is here to stay.