Any Idea on who the reader for the audiobook of the novella will be? I have no idea about the relative costs of narrators, but Michael Kramer is a fantastic Voice Artist, especially for fantasy novels. He's done all of the Wheel of Time books, as well as my favorite book The Way of Kings.

Herald of the Obsidian Order

How unnerving it must be for Adam always having to remember not to pick his nose,

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It'll be interesting to see how that dungeon statue looks in-game. If they stick closely to the concept art, then only a small section of it will be visible at any time. Without obvious features such as eyes or a mouth, it might even be difficult to identify it as a statue of a person in-game.

Is that monk channeling David Carradine?

No, he's not hanging in his closet with his gi down around his ankles. :p

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Is that monk channeling David Carradine?

No, he's not hanging in his closet with his gi down around his ankles. :p

:/ Uncool.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I don't know. I would normally not even think about bugging you guys, but if you do another open door during production, I might come over. Last time I was there, I left feeling like I'd been a bit churlish. What I'd like to do if I get the chance again is do what I was too proud and stiff to do last time... walk up, shake your hands, say thank you for the, literally, hundreds of happy gaming hours you've provided me. I didn't want to look like a fawning fanboy before, but why the hell not? I love your work and I am, indeed, a fanboy.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

How unnerving it must be for Adam always having to remember not to pick his nose,

TMI... :shifty: A saline spray cleansing is good for that, once you're used to it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I don't know. I would normally not even think about bugging you guys, but if you do another open door during production, I might come over. [...]

If I lived in S. Calif. instead of N. Calif, and they did something like that, I'd be there. Standing in a corner acting like a useless giggly fangirl, but there. I haven't been able to convince hubby to move south yet, however. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I updated my pledge to the utmost I can throw into the pot. I'm seriously hoping that obsidz can make the final stretch goal. I think it's possible if folks keep pushing and urging friends to do the same.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I missed Adam's Ustream... and there is no archive link on the ustream channel :(

Tell me it ain't so :(

Was it lost for good?

Or will it be available at ustream or youtube?

Edited by hideo kuze

Guest ichiwcu

I missed Adam's Ustream... and there is no archive link on the ustream channel :(

Tell me it ain't so :(

Was it lost for good?

Or will it be available at ustream or youtube?

I hope so, I am unable to catch the streams this weekend but would love to watch them next week.

Cutting it close but I should be able to up my ante by Tuesday not sure what I am going to add but hopefully it will help :D

My copy-paste of the most relevant questions (basically 90% of what was answered) from the PCGamer live interview.

Josh Sawyer:

Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath are a very small part of the overall world. The entire map that's show on our KS page is an area maybe a little smaller than Spain. In terms of Project Eternity, you will be spending your time exploring in and around Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath (though not necessarily all of it :))

Josh Sawyer:

We will have very little level scaling and almost entirely in critical path areas since there's a lot of variability in when players approach them. Especially when it comes to optional content and general exploration, there will be no level-scaling. In this regard, Fallout: New Vegas might be a fair comparison.

Adam Brennecke:

We plan on having limited voice acting. Only for major characters and companions, and not for all conversations. We will have voice-sets for characters. Very similar to how the IE games handled voice acting.

Josh Sawyer:

Player choice and impact are very important to us, so "a lot". We want players to feel like they can solve quests their way and take the story in a direction that they want to take it, from little things to big things.

Comment From Spike

Can we expect the game world to be even bigger than that in Baldur's Gate 2 (in terms of its sheer volume, the amount of quests, npc interactions and such)?

Adam Brennecke:

Our goal is to make it as long as possible with the funding that we get from Kickstarter.

Josh Sawyer:

the other race we haven't talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat... different, but they are still a bipedal race. we're still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they're in a good place.

Comment From Gallowglass

Is there a chance of Justin Sweet's (creator of IWD II portraits) involvement in the Project?

Adam Brennecke:

We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.

Josh Sawyer:

we don't really think about things in terms of good or evil choices, but in terms of choices that a relatively sane/rational person would make with an understandable motive. sometimes it makes sense to allow players to be cruel, but it has to work in the context of what's going on. the game and its story aren't about being good or evil but deciding what values (and people, and groups) are most important to you -- and what you're willing to sacrifice to defend them.

Josh Sawyer:

we haven't decided on the number of subraces per race, and cultures are separate from races/subraces, so that's even more up in the air. if we do have more subraces for certain races than other, it will not be by a large margin. we want to make the field of choices relatively even.

Josh Sawyer:

since tactical combat is one of the core features from IE that we're trying to emulate, we're not specifically designing the game for a pacifist run. that said, we do want to give the player many options to avoid combat, either through stealth, conversation, or the use of other skills. tim and i both want to make sure that players have a lot of options to use non-combat skills across the game. we think it adds a lot to the game.

Josh Sawyer:

we haven't designed much of the advancement system, but it will likely feel similar to 3E/3.5 D&D. you will gain XP and advance by level, selecting new abilities/feats/spells/skills as you level up.

Josh Sawyer:

in cases where design mechanics tend to lead to degenerate gameplay (e.g. savescumming, rest spamming), we try to think of ways to remove the degeneration without harming the enjoyable mechanical elements. if a mechanic seems like it's not adding genuine challenge, we question if it should stand as-is.

with regard to regenerating health and spell cooldowns, we're not intending on having the former (though we have talked about a darklands endurance-like stat), and spells will not have cooldowns in the way that some people have assumed (per spell). when we discuss spell mechanics, i've tried to use the term "lockout" to communicate that it's much like a sorcerer exhausting an entire level of casting in 3E D&D.

Edited by hideo kuze
  • Like 7

Wooooo George Ziets :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.