Everyone here at Obsidian is thrilled that the feedback to the first look at Project Eternity was so overwhelmingly positive. Thank you for all the encouragement - It really means a lot to our artists and the rest of the team. The outpouring of support and donations over the last day has been amazing. Thank you!

Over the next five days we have a lot of fun things planned to wrap up the Kickstarter campaign. First, crowdfunding and Kickstarter has allowed us to open up our doors to you, literally. Today you can spend a few hours with me at the Obsidian Office, and you will get an inside look into a development studio. Check out what an atypical day is for me at the office (running the Kickstarter is pretty atypical for a game developer). I promise to wear pants! We plan on doing more of these live events at the office during production.

Tomorrow I plan on playing Icewind Dale II by Interplay and Black Isle Studios. Icewind Dale II was the last Infinity Engine game to be released a decade ago in 2002. Before production starts on Project Eternity, I want to revisit some of the magic that Project Eternity aims to bring back. Join the stream and have some fun! Special Obsidian guest developers will join in on the fun, and you can heckle me while I try to make my way out of Targos and through the Dale to Kuldahar. How long will I play? 8 Hours? 12 Hours? 20 Hours? Longer? Watch and find out.

Be sure to check out tomorrow's update with Tim Cain. He is going to answer more of your questions in a special video update.

Here's the rest of the scheduled events for the next 5 days:

Friday, October 12

• 11:00am PDT - Inside look at a not so typical day with Adam Brennecke - UStream.
  • 3:00pm PDT - PC Gamer Live Chat with the Project Eternity Team - PC Gamer.

Saturday, October 13

• 10:00am PDT - Adam plays Icewind Dale II all day - UStream.

Monday, October 15

• 10:00am PDT - Reddit AMA with the Project Eternity Team - Reddit.
  • 5:00pm PDT - Game night at Obsidian. Watch us play D&D at the studio! - UStream.

Tuesday, October 16

• 12:00pm PDT - The final countdown starts at the Obsidian Office - UStream.
  • 6:00pm PDT - The Project Eternity Kickstarter ends!

Updates to the schedule will be sent via Twitter, Facebook, and posted to our forums.

New Novella Audio Book Reward and Add-on

We have a new digital add-on for everyone. For an add-on of $20 you will receive the digital Audio Book of the Project Eternity Novella by Chris Avellone narrated by a professional voice actor. If you already pledged at the $165 tier and above you will receive it for free!

Two Stretch Goals Hit and The Endless Paths is Larger

We've hit the $2.7M stretch goal, which means Paladins and Chanters are added to the game, and I'm happy to say we just hit the $2.8M stretch goal in record time! George Ziets will be joining the team! The team is very excited to have the opportunity to work with George again.

One more level has been added to The Endless Paths because of your help. The depths grow deeper by the day, and we are getting very close to 20,000 likes and 60,000 backers. 2 more levels incoming! Our next Facebook goal is to hit 40,000 likes - if we can reach that milestone it means we will add one more level to the dungeon! How low can we go?

PE-KS-TheEndlessPathsDungeonStack6levels.jpg

And last but not least, I leave you with a new concept art piece of Forton the monk.

PE-Forton-350x478.jpg

Thanks, and see you on the live stream!

Update by Adam Brennecke

Like Obsidian On Facebook - Help grow the Mega Dungeon!

OLD monk dude. Interesting. ;) I'm not terribly interested in monks, but I like that there's an older character around...

• 6:00pm PDT - The Project Eternity Kickstarter ends! --> EVERYTHING CRASHES! TOO MUCH TRAFFIC!

(I'm kidding, please don't kill me.)

• Like 5

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

You forgot the Monday night sweet-spike.

I know you've got something up your collective sleeves to drive us all over-the-top INSANE just before Kickstarter ends. I know you do!

What is it? Dancing swords? Dancing puppies? Powered armor? The unspeakable fate of Glast the Unwary?

Tell me now because I have to travel Monday and Tuesday and don't want to miss out. Or is it your evil plan to leave me guessing and hoping I have contributed enough?

Argh! Okay, you win. I'll look again tonight and see about upping my contribution. Sheesh. So pushy! ; )

We have a new digital add-on for everyone. For an add-on of $20 you will receive the digital Audio Book of the Project Eternity Novella by Chris Avellone narrated by a professional voice actor. If you already pledged at the $165 tier and above you will receive it for free!

I could be wrong, but I think your language here is imprecise. What you mean is that everyone who pledges at the $165 tier and above will receive it for free, right? Not just the people who had pledged $165+ at the point where this update was released.

Don't keep old people as monks and fighters...... they are best suited as roles of wizards and warlocks.

Given the focus on souls in P:E, it's probable that a strong refined spirit (from a long life of meditation and contemplation) is more important for punching people than having a young body is, at least for monks.

• Like 2

Looks like a hobo I saw the other day. Still, nice update and good way to close it out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

but why do they say that there are 5 days left? kickstarter displays only 4 ...

There are 4 days and a little over 6 hours left, but it's near noon right now in California so from Obsidian's perspective it's 5 days.

this time stuff always confuses me ... :blink:

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

I just saw Prometheus last night, so because of that, the giant head in the mega dungeon gave me an initial start. :lol: I love it ... can't wait to get in that dungeon and explore.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts