The big question on everyone's mind, will Project Eternity have dinosaurs? What kind of dinosaurs? Will they be animal companions? Will there be a Dinosauria race as playable?

To temper my own enthusiasm, they're not that original. But one thing that's really underdone is showing their contemporary representation, feathered. That's what I would like to see, a nice big feathered Tyrannosaurid.

Do you think they're simply overdone? Do you want to see them as monsters or NPCs? A new, updated take?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You mean like dragons?

Dragons always seemed like Dinosaurs to me.

I definitely want some dragons...god that would be awesome.

Preferably speaking ones that ask riddles.

I don't have a problem with dinosaur inspired monsters, but I hope they don't use names like Tyrannosaurid....

They kind of are overdone, just a little. Some pleistocene megafauna might make for a nice change of pace. Giant flightless birds, smilodons, glyptodonts, mastodons, crurotarsi; that sort of thing.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

They kind of are overdone, just a little. Some pleistocene megafauna might make for a nice change of pace. Giant flightless birds, smilodons, glyptodonts, mastodons, crurotarsi; that sort of thing.

I'll second this motion. If there's another continent that's mainly a high-latitude deciduous and boreal one, it might be a good place to designate as an epochal "lost world" that still has thriving populations of mega-fauna. Some of those critters were plenty monsterous without having to indulge in anything like fantasy.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

This would be an acceptable alternative to feathered dinosaurs.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

feathers.png

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Megatherium!!!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Overdone? I can only think of one fantasy RPG that has had a reasonable representation of dinosaurs and that was Storm and Zenir. So yes I vote for them in certain places in the game world

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Overdone? I can only think of one fantasy RPG that has had a reasonable representation of dinosaurs and that was Storm and Zenir. So yes I vote for them in certain places in the game world

I think you need to play more RPGs. I see them a lot in JRPGs, MMOs, and WRPGs.

Doesnt matter though, we need dinosaurs. :D

I think you need to play more RPGs. I see them a lot in JRPGs, MMOs, and WRPGs.

Doesnt matter though, we need dinosaurs. :D

Okay I don't remember many(if any) Dinosaurs in BG1&2, Gothic1-3, NWN1&2, Elder Scrolls 3-4, or the Witcher series. So maybe remind me? Two Worlds had some dinosaurs if I am not mistaken

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wouldn't mind some form of Archeological exploration and discovery especially if the nations and factions are advanced/enlightened enough to go that route especially if their was some form of dinosaur species that was intelligent enough to leave behind advanced/alternative technology relative to the current age of tech.

...aside from historical dinosaur, I guess if there were dinosaurs that have the Turritopsis nutricula jellyfish's ability to maintain eternal youth..maybe.. or if they were the descendants of dinosaur species.

Edited by Aeristal

Lizardmen have been done quite well and quite frequently, of course. There's nothing wrong with that fine old standby.

Dragons, likewise, of course, are fine. There's a great deal of mythology to draw on there, and some less trod paths, within it, provide for unpredictable spins on a common fantasy staple.

Dinosaurs in the very literal sense of archaic reptilian megafauna, however, imply an entire world history, in their nature. One isn't proposing this type of creature exist, so much as one is proposing that the world has been visited by a history which will allow for them.

And such a history has to stand on its own merits, I think. Without knowing the underpinnings of such a backstory, we can't say whether it would be for good or ill.

But in general, an age when lizards ruled the earth has no special great appeal, to me.