Customizable Stronghold  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want your stronghold to be strongly customizable or rather be strongly adjusted to the scenario?

• Strongly customizable - Representaion And Content: Flags, Coat of Arms, Interior, Thematic Rooms, Furniture
    • Mediocre Customizable - Only Aspects Of Represention: Flags, Coat of Arms
    • I want Obsidian to make all the choices for me.
    • Other - please explain in a comment.

We have pre-rendered backgrounds right? So there is not going to be that much customizable stuff.

I am more interested in choices that impact plot and characters than just appearance anyway.

If anything it's the opposite, because of pre-rendered backgrounds there can be more customizable stuff.

I voted for "strongly customizable", but not in the way the poll propose it. I'd prefer more useful stuff, like armory's, tax revenues, improvement in fortification, etcetera... I really don't care about banners and flags.

haha,totally agree.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I care less about customization and more about relevance. I care more about game relevant changes, such as being able to build specialized workshops and recruit artisans and experts to give me access to new arms or spells, or having to defend the stronghold against attack, or having my actions at the stronghold reflected in the game world.

• Like 2

From the wiktionary, the only dictionary that matters.

moddable

[edit]English[edit]Etymology

mod +‎ -able[edit]Adjective

moddable (comparative more moddable, superlative most moddable)

1. (video games) That can be modded (modified by the end user).  [quotations ▼]

God, awesome dictionary!

But I think I can't easily use it. Our damn government set a firewall to every wiki websites :banghead:

that really sucks ..

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

If anything it's the opposite, because of pre-rendered backgrounds there can be more customizable stuff.

Is that a fact? Shows what I know. I was thinking it would be more like BG2 or whatever where most of everything was pre-drawn.

The Stronghold. Not reached yet, but i am very confident that it is a realistic goal. And i really would like to see that you can make your own banner and coat of arms. What about you?

Let me think... I need a professional housekeeper, a messager, a personal physician,a dozen of pretty maids(God forgive me, one of them love me secretly),a bard who can write new song about my feat.

And, I need an elite personal army, a coach who can train them stronger, a blacksimth so I can upgrade weapons and armors for my army. Maybe I will choice one of my companion to become their commander in war time. I need them to defeat mercenary from other country, greedy robbers, and evil dargon.

I wsh to travel around the world to find suitable guys for my stronghold.

Also ,I need a luxury hall, a billiard room, so I can set a wine party for my subjects, and play board game with my companions.

That's all :ban: maybe more later~

You have the right idea, but I want to take it further. They need to focus on the light strategic gameplay. The stronghold shouldn't just happen to be there. It needs to be significant as a political/military feature. It might be a border fort protecting against the semi-hostile wilderness, or it could allow you to rule as lord over a small area. If some villain is marching an army to the big city and your stronghold is in the way, he should have to deal with it. Customizing the look of the castle is fine, but I want to get into features that either benefit your party or have some noticeable effect on the area.

If you control a nearby village then you should be able to give them equipment and training for a militia so you don't always have to run in and save them. Then if you make enemies with a nomadic elf tribe or some religious fanatic and they attack the stronghold, that militia should show up and help with the defense.

• Like 1

Definitely want it to be strongly customizable. Don't follow the typical fantasy template. Like a stronghold has to be good and be maintained by humans, elves w.e. Maybe I want my stronghold to be cursed and dark because I allowed a necromancer to move in. Have a cemetery in the back of the stronghold occupied with black goblins playing black metal with bones from the local elves I helped them kill.

• Like 1

The player should be able to build the stronghold from the foundations to the rooftops. What I mean is: you start with terrain and you decide the layouts of the towers, the walls and so on.

If this is impossible then the developers should at least let the players decide what kind of stronghold they want. Some like castles, but others might prefer a mage tower, a secret hideout or a fancy palace.

• Like 1

Definitely want it to be strongly customizable. Don't follow the typical fantasy template. Like a stronghold has to be good and be maintained by humans, elves w.e. Maybe I want my stronghold to be cursed and dark because I allowed a necromancer to move in. Have a cemetery in the back of the stronghold occupied with black goblins playing black metal with bones from the local elves I helped them kill.

Can I come over to your stronghold for a dinner party sometime? I'll bring a nice bottle of Cabernet, or Elves' Blood, if you prefer.

:fdevil:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I want to choose everything on my stronghold. Even location, I would love to see a plain, cliff, snow, desert, forest, underground, doomful lava surrounded place of evil. The surrounding environment makes a huge difference for me.

I want to be able to place the buildings, I can understand not like an RTS. But have slots for buildings, that I can place whatever I want in them. I would LOVE full customization, like placing the walls, but I don't expect this.

Another big thing, is theme. Themes like, Faithful (Temple looking), Pride military, renaissance (very decorative and festive), dark temple, evil military, a normal looking stronghold, an ancient stronghold. Among others.

If you own a Stronghold, you are a land owner, which in that case, you should have a Coat of Arms, period. Which includes at least primary and secondary colors, that can affect several areas of the stronghold.

If possible, I would love to train squads of infantry, name them, send them on missions (Kind of TOR way, just send them on missions, await a timer for their arrival).

I would love to see areas to place trophy's. And I really want people I've seen throughout the story, or helped at least pass through, if not stick around and help out/move in.

• Like 1

You probably need the Kickstarter to hit $4.5M for that... So much backgrounds to create...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I have the perfect location for the stronghold.

The Castle above the endless paths Megadungeon, various quests within the Dungeon can have benifits to the Keep aboves, you can tie to the two together!

Out of curiousity does Stronghold replace the player house or is it in addition to it?

• Like 2

Stronghold was just confirmed by feargus, it's in.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

One thing I always thought was cool was that in the Suikoden games, your castle gradually because more awesome as your character and army became more powerful. I'd love to see something like that with our stronghold in this game, where new areas were added on or opened up as your character leveled.

Edited by Zu Long
  • Like 1
pyp6.jpg

I have the perfect location for the stronghold.

The Castle above the endless paths Megadungeon, various quests within the Dungeon can have benifits to the Keep aboves, you can tie to the two together!

Out of curiousity does Stronghold replace the player house or is it in addition to it?

each cleared level can be used? that would be an intersting thing. "I would like to build a laboratory, let's go and clear level 2". :p\

Edit: would be cool if instead of a dungeon, they'd make it a floating tower. Big and dominant in the countryside, in a valley towering between the mountains, Big, and Wide, and Dominant and Scary looking. Clearing the dungeon would yield a powerful castle (the cleared out tower) which would imperiously stand over the player's realm.

that would make me feel awesome. I like feeling awesome.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

post-46129-0-76266700-1350221898_thumb.jpg

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.