High-Quality 3D models goal

They might need higher poly models for huge monsters in the main window, but I'm guessing that a few thousand polys should be more than good enough for rendering party members in an inventory window. Maybe less if the figures are on the small side.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Dungeon Siege III and NWN2 models look fine for the range they're meant to be viewed at. It's unfair to compare it to a MMORPG that's going to be released in 2013 using the CryEngine 3 for PC. Dungeon Siege III had to run on PS3 and Xbox 360, graphics from 2006 and 2005 with 512MB of memory.

O RLY?

a) My NWN2 never looked that bad, even on my old computer that's 6 years old. Seriously, is that being run on a toaster? b) Yes, it was a mistake for them to zoom into the characters that far. Solution: Don't.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot
  • Like 2

I must say that panzer don't look good. Its graphics style is at some places I would say awful looking.

Of course 2014 they should use more polygons in their character models, but isometric perspective and far looking view will make that less nessecary feature than in those games where you can zoom in on your characters.

• Like 1

No, some of us just love the feel of old BG2 & Co. It was not about flashy graphics back then, it was about story that dragged you with it. Oh, and incredibly beautiful backgrounds, something I have for SO long hoped to see remade.

Seen a lot of cRPG lately... Tried just about most of them. And they just do not get the same feel as BG2 did... From music to background. Making it all dynamic just restricts the art too much.

So I would be quite fine with little less touch for characters in main screen and gorgeous background. Nearly shed a tear when saw that screencap of Temple entrance... It is something I have secretly longed for a good while. So please Obsidian, story and background first.

• Like 2

O RLY?

Must have taken you a while to find a video which has almost every graphical setting turned off. You are just being utterly ridiculous now, especially with comparing a game developed in 2004 with a game developed in 2012.

Go troll somewhere else, it is not needed or appreciated here.

• Like 2

O RLY?

Must have taken you a while to find a video which has almost every graphical setting turned off. You are just being utterly ridiculous now, especially with comparing a game developed in 2004 with a game developed in 2012.

Really sick and tired of elistist fanboys like you and nikolokolus who trolls topics of opinion you dont agree with. It's always the same senario on this board. "blah blah blah, I want this." "No, you can't have this because it doesn't fit the spirit of the game, and since I don't agree with you, then you're a troll"

If you dont like what he's saying, then ignore the freakign topic. Everybody wants different things in this game, and he has the right to defend his opinion thank you very much. I really wish the mods do something about people like you.

Edited by bonarbill

Really sick and tired of elistist fanboys like you and nikolokolus who trolls topics of opinion you dont agree with. It's always the same senario on this board. "blah blah blah, I want this." "No, you can't have this because it doesn't fit the spirit of the game, and since I don't agree with you, then you're a troll"

If you dont like what he's saying, then ignore the freakign topic. Everybody wants different things in this game, and he has the right to defend his opinion thank you very much. I really wish the mods do something about people like you.

That does not make what he said less wrong, comparing a game developed in 2004 with a game developed in 2012. It is obvious

I do not appreciate your threat, his extraneous post was purposefully inflammatory in an attempt to bring up a complaint that has no baring on this situation, which by definition is a `troll´. You may not appreciate the internet slang, but the fact remains.

i want to see high quality 3d models

but there are more important things, such as avoiding jrpg style flashy animations.

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

You all just hate everything Russian

Epic Fail: I love Vodka, the AK, the T-34, Irina Shiek, furry hats, Onion Domes, Rasputin, Russian dolls, Baba Yaga, Cosmonauts, Yuri Gagarin, May Day Parades, Boris Yeltsin (qv, Vodka) and that slightly rsique TATU video.

So there.

sonsofgygax.JPG

O RLY?

I simply detected a "tone" in the OP that made me think it was an attempt to get a reaction.

With respect to me being an elitist, that's probably true to a certain extent, but the fact is if people are going to post a comment on a message board seeking feedback and opinions, then they should be prepared for people to disagree with them, sometimes vehemently. I do my best not to make it personal with people and argue out of reason when possible, but If I've offended you then you have my apology.

Just keep it to 3D isometric/2D.

Even the 3D portrait in DragonAge was unnecessary: a nice drawing is more than enough (and, actually, better) for my tastes.

If you want games with 3D models you can zoom in, and featuring half-naked fighting chicks*, there are plenty out there: knock yourself out.

Note that most of these games are pretty bad too, but at least you'll have want you asked for.

*But remember: they are not real if they're made of polygons ;).

• Like 1