I noticed a pretty major surge in backers today, i am assuming the update today had a lot to do with it, i hope it keeps up at this pace till the kickstarter ends. if so i think we can expect 8 levels on the mega dungeon bc i am pretty confident that the facebook page is going to reach 20k likes here soon. With 8 levels i am more than hppy about that, who knows maybe even more.

Can anyone who's good at math tell us if we'll hit the 3.0 million mark?

It's trending towards around 3.1m at the moment. I don't think that takes into consideration last day surges though, or paypal... so I think 3.6m-3.7m is a realistic outcome.

Edited by Piccolo
  • Like 1

Yeah, from looking at comments on Obsidian's Facebook page and on these forums, I think the screenshot may have pulled in a lot of new backers and got others to donated more. Whatever the reason, I hope the surge keeps up. From looking at the kicktraq graphs from Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, and Dead State, it looks like there's usually a good sized uptick in donations in the final days of the campaign, so I think it's reasonable to assume it will continue for P:E.

If anyone knows people who might dig the idea of an old-school RPG and hasn't yet donated money, now is the time to get them donating. I want my second city, dammit!

The game sites aren't interested because PE won't have an auction house, there won't be cross-promotional armor from Dead Space, no hawt romances announced, no super kewl co-op, no PvP, no grinding for loot and no consoles ... jesus, this game is gonna blow!

Hawt Asari romances are hawt though

• Like 1

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

The game sites aren't interested because PE won't have an auction house, there won't be cross-promotional armor from Dead Space, no hawt romances announced, no super kewl co-op, no PvP, no grinding for loot and no consoles ... jesus, this game is gonna blow!

Hawt Asari romances are hawt though

Unassailable logic is unassailable.

FWIW, PCGamer.com has given the project a lot of love. The comments in the Update #20 blurb they wrote were universally positive too ... maybe the first time I've ever seen the internets agree on something in ... forever?

• Like 1

I do believe the project needs a ton more publicity in the final days, be it through huge gaming sites like gamespot or IGN (which I hate, but are strangely popular nonetheless) or via youtube personas (the like of Total Biscuit, who, I'm sure, would be very interested in doing an interview / feature about the project given his love towards complex and PC-oriented games in general). This would help a lot! I would have never learned about P:E hadn't it been for word of mouth. There are many more *thousands* of potential backers out there who might have no idea about the project even exists.

Edited by True_Spike

We need the endorsements of hawt women and Vin Diesel. Hey, has anybody asked Vin about this? He's a deadly serious gamer. And he looks like Minsc.

Does he have a twitter account..... ????

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.