Ironclad Cadegund

Not that I am in favor of chainmail-bikini (well, maybe I am.. ) but cadegund's full plate armor is not actually practical for traveling. How long is she gonna last in the blazing sun on an 8 hour march? Unless you are some kind of super-mutant, I doubt anyone could last more than an hour in that thing.

image-163777-full.jpg?1348795914

She is a fighter ready for combat and is dressed appropriately.

As for wearing armour while travelling the Roman legion wore armour while walking long distances all the time. If you are basically asking for her to have multiple armour sets for town/travel/combat, then you are asking too much from the art and animation team, they do not have infinite funds.

Edit - The breast plate and chain bikini discussion has been long over, you are quite late for that. If it is your preference as you say then you are out of luck as the developers wisely have gone for realistic armour styles.

Edited by Aedelric
  • Like 3

About as long as Minsc did in Baldur's Gate 2. Which is to say, about 68 days. :p

Though I imagine he could have gone longer...

Brilliant comment, was thinking the same thing!

"Full plate and packing steel!"

Made me smile, tbh I never thought about what OP is questioning when playing BG.

I really hope for some memorable quotes from NPCs in this game!

Edited by Liquid_Silver11

Sooooo... you don't complain about the knight dude wearing some sort of heavy armor. You don't complain about the mage guy wearing what is essentially bands of metal linked together for a shirt. The woman with functional armor, though? That's your problem?

Whenever someone criticizes the chainmail bikini, people always howl that it's fantasy and the rest of us should be okay with unrealistic stuff in a fantasy. The same argument doesn't apply to plate mail?

If you want your chainmail bikini, fine. Put it on the effing men.

• Like 3

Sooooo... you don't complain about the knight dude wearing some sort of heavy armor. You don't complain about the mage guy wearing what is essentially bands of metal linked together for a shirt. The woman with functional armor, though? That's your problem?

Whenever someone criticizes the chainmail bikini, people always howl that it's fantasy and the rest of us should be okay with unrealistic stuff in a fantasy. The same argument doesn't apply to plate mail?

You mean these guys?

image-162519-full.jpg?1348534324

aloth-med.jpg

Edited by Kopi

Well, most people who could afford plate could also afford

horses.

And it's not like iron chainmail is light, either.

Just an example off the top of my head, Roman soldiers spent much of their downtime on strength training. Their practice weapons and armor were much heavier than the real thing, and they carried a lot of weight on the march (in the range of 40 kilos if I remember correctly.) This varied depending on a legionary's rank and assignment, so it often could have been higher.

They got rid of the horrid boob-plate, all else is irrelevant.

But maybe she had ROCKET LAUNCHERS hidden in there!

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

How long is she gonna last in the blazing sun on an 8 hour march? Unless you are some kind of super-mutant, I doubt anyone could last more than an hour in that thing.

A problem shared by... pretty much any RPG character that ever wore heavy armour.

It's a legitimate concern in an RPG, but real militaries had things like supply lines. Hell, as long as there are ice or water magicks, it's irrelevant.

How long is she gonna last in the blazing sun on an 8 hour march? Unless you are some kind of super-mutant, I doubt anyone could last more than an hour in that thing.

A problem shared by... pretty much any RPG character that ever wore heavy armour.

It's a legitimate concern in an RPG, but real militaries had things like supply lines. Hell, as long as there are ice or water magicks, it's irrelevant.

I'll confess, it's something that is a minor irritation to me in most RPGs. DAO even showed your character waking up from a rest in full armour from time to time.

Also, the helmet of Sutton Hoo is baller-tier.

jcod0.png

Historically, soldiers carried 25-35 kg of weight for long marches. A suit of plate armor was around 20 kg. Plus most knights with plate could also afford a decent warhorse to carry most of the load.

Modern U.S. infantry soldiers carry loads of up to 45 kg, but drop most of it for combat.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'll confess, it's something that is a minor irritation to me in most RPGs. DAO even showed your character waking up from a rest in full armour from time to time.

Also, the helmet of Sutton Hoo is baller-tier.

All the time in DAO, unless you specifically stripped your character of armor before rest. Of course, it also takes a good squire or two to get you into and out of a suit of plate armor.

BTW: Yes, Rædwald (almost certainly his helm,) was the swaggest Saxon king.

Known to modern man.

Edited by AGX-17

I'd love to have bikini armor for Minsc!

If you're only walking along at a slow pace, you can make treks in field plate.

Unless you're in the desert...in which case any armor is like an oven.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

i think i totally missed an information: which class does cadegund actually have?

She is a priestess (priest class) of Magran. Information is in the Update 20 thread.

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I don't think we need realistic armor types based on earth climates when PE world has magic in it. That can basically allow anyone to wear anything and avoid pretty much all real world issues as required.

Cadegund's armor comes with magic air conditioning, problem solved!

• Like 1