Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

Moriendor is right about two things though:

-Enough of sewers with rats (why not forgotten catacombs with buried peeps from an entirely different culture, a culture that was eradicated just to build the city, and those souls are not happy one single bit - Think "Poltergeist"...)

-And fedex quests between houses should be kept to a minimum

Disclaimer: I do like fighting rats in CRPGs, but sewers yet again?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

City's not appealing? Seriously?

It's appealing but there is nothing in between to keep the interest going. 500k seems really large..where as 100k/200k seem easier to achieve making it more likely to have people their pledge

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

It's appealing but there is nothing in between to keep the interest going. 500k seems really large..where as 100k/200k seem easier to achieve making it more likely to have people their pledge

http://forums.obsidi...80#entry1235579 Just in case you missed the quote.

The nearest thing Obsidian/BIS did is probably Barcelona in Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. I haven't played it by myself but quite many people didn't complain of it although they complained a lot of other things in the game.

As a point of reference for fun cities in somewhat recent games, I'd like to point out the Drakensang games. Both were set in major cities and those were actually well done cities with fun content to explore.

Oh, god, no. Drakensangs cities were boring compared to Baldur's Gate, Athkatla, Sigil etc.

They didn't improve on it at all either in the sequal :(

Also, if you dislike talking for hours, maybe this wont be the game for you. Just mentioning it...

Big city should be interesting enough. And it's really hard to make 4 additional pledges inbetween. Since they kinda need all that money just for the city idea.

Which also makes it quite impossible for those saying "switch them around". $200K and $500K aren't equal now, are they?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I don't like cities. I wish we'd end at 3.4M so that all this extra money is put into making more non-city environments. :D

Sadly for all druids here, it's a no brainer that we'll reach 3.5M. Wasteland 2 got 500k in its last 3 days and it ended at 3M.

If we could have some confirmation on the 2 large cities being in conflict (War), I would up my pledge quite a bit.

Well, we have the basic information. The game will be faction based like New Vegas, that being said two completely different big cities would almost seem like a perfect story for a conflict between the two. Would really suck for the little towns/cities in between those two cities. Man, the possibilities are endless, working for one side to sabotage the other. Now you got me excited for this second city!

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

http://forums.obsidi...80#entry1235579 Just in case you missed the quote.

The nearest thing Obsidian/BIS did is probably Barcelona in Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. I haven't played it by myself but quite many people didn't complain of it although they complained a lot of other things in the game.

I saw that quote, it was in response to my question about mini stretch goals.

As a point of reference for fun cities in somewhat recent games, I'd like to point out the Drakensang games. Both were set in major cities and those were actually well done cities with fun content to explore.

Oh, god, no. Drakensangs cities were boring compared to Baldur's Gate, Athkatla, Sigil etc.

They didn't improve on it at all either in the sequal :(

Also, if you dislike talking for hours, maybe this wont be the game for you. Just mentioning it...

Big city should be interesting enough. And it's really hard to make 4 additional pledges inbetween. Since they kinda need all that money just for the city idea.

Which also makes it quite impossible for those saying "switch them around". $200K and $500K aren't equal now, are they?

I think you are missing my point.

Trying to drum up interest in a couple of sites with a mac gaming section,

might get a couple more backers if lucky, but every little bit...

If the current pledge rate holds, 3.0 will crack tomorrow,

3.5 would need the rate to hold and get that big final day surge.

Edited by Jarmo

Ok, pledged 1k. Let's make this bloody happen, people! LET'S DO THIS!

As a bonus, you get to kill me in-game.

But there's two of you!
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So Josh Sawyer just answered a question in the PC Gamer chat, quote here:

phpgICZWU5248_144670028078_502799_n.jpg

T.J. Hafer: We're getting a lot of questions about "Big Cities." Can you tell us more about the one that's planned now, and the one that will be added - as our commenter Loranc points out, "WHEN," not "If" :) - you reach 3.5 mil? Any chance for conflict between the two?

defaultavitar.gif

Josh Sawyer: too early to talk about our first big city, sorry. :) but if we get the second big city funded, it will likely be very different from the first, possibly one of the vailian republics or a city on the pearl coast.

So what would you prefer? An Italian renaissance inspired city, or a coastal one?

I'm undecided!

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

So Josh Sawyer just answered a question in the PC Gamer chat, quote here:

phpgICZWU5248_144670028078_502799_n.jpg

T.J. Hafer: We're getting a lot of questions about "Big Cities." Can you tell us more about the one that's planned now, and the one that will be added - as our commenter Loranc points out, "WHEN," not "If" :) - you reach 3.5 mil? Any chance for conflict between the two?

defaultavitar.gif

Josh Sawyer: too early to talk about our first big city, sorry. :) but if we get the second big city funded, it will likely be very different from the first, possibly one of the vailian republics or a city on the pearl coast.

So what would you prefer? An Italian renaissance inspired city, or a coastal one?

I'm undecided!

Italian city-state please. With overt renaissance look.

• Like 1

According to what was said earlier that last day normally drums up around 300k right? So we can expect at least 200k minimum on the final push day. That's fingers crossed.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

I just love the idea of both! I mean, an Italian city state could of course also have a coast line, but it sounds like it's either/or... a city by the coast, or by water in general, has the opportunity to be a much richer environment.

I suppose, if it's a big city, it must have access to water, in some way. If we're following real world rules.

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

I just love the idea of both! I mean, an Italian city state could of course also have a coast line, but it sounds like it's either/or... a city by the coast, or by water in general, has the opportunity to be a much richer environment.

I suppose, if it's a big city, it ,must have access to water, in some way. If we're following real world rules.

I'd love to see a city modelled after Venice.

• Like 1

If we keep talking about it as if it's already reality, it'll have to come true ;)

• Like 1

I suppose, if it's a big city, it ,must have access to water, in some way. If we're following real world rules.

you really are into the italian idea.. are you italian or is it your favorite holiday location? :-P

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

It's going to be horrible once this kickstarter finishes, because then we play the 'waiting' for beta game. Lol, I am not looking forward to being a little kid who's waiting for the candy store to open.

you really are into the italian idea.. are you italian or is it your favorite holiday location? :-P

Neither, actually :) But I love the Renaissance era.

• Like 1