Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

There will be lost pledges though, there always is. For instance, someone pledges but accidentally selects their old credit card info on amazon, or they didn't have enough money in their account.
Actually in the case of not having enough money, people are given 7 days if their card is declined to fix the problem. It is answered here. Edited by HeedlessHorseman

Does this happen often? I'm seriously asking. I mean, if someone pledges in the last "minute" it might be within logic's boundaries. But if you have an entire month, well, damn!

I would go as far as saying it always happens, to what extent it may vary between 1 loss of the lowest tier on smaller projects to multiple $10K pledge losses because they were fakes.

Well, I was trying ignore the possibility of fakes. I was more interested in the possibility of absent-mindedness on the matter.

There will be lost pledges though, there always is. For instance, someone pledges but accidentally selects their old credit card info on amazon, or they didn't have enough money in their account.
Actually in the case of not having enough money, people are given 7 days if their card is declined to fix the problem. It is answered here.

Yeah I know but even after that 7 days, there is still a lot of unresolved pledges on most projects. Grim Dawn lost a fair bit from memory.

Actually in the case of not having enough money, people are given 7 days if their card is declined to fix the problem. It is answered here.

Yeah I know but even after that 7 days, there is still a lot of unresolved pledges on most projects. Grim Dawn lost a fair bit from memory.

That's too bad. I guess I had thought that there might be a few counterfeit pledges, but I thought people would try to fix any problems if the pledge was sincere.

I certan

I did notice that the graphic for the Stretch goal calls it a "Big Big City 2". We can expect a bigger city than the big Athkatla? I hope so! :)

I certainly hope both the first and the second city will be larger than Athkatla :). Those cities are great, and 10 years later still measure up to some of the largest cities we see in RPGs today... but since we can ask for moar, why not? MOAR CITY PLS.

With new technology I'm certain they can make the cities feel even more alive than the ones from Infinity Engine, things like day/night cycles affecting NPC behaviour (people going to sleep, people going to work, people going fishing, people having a meal at a restaurant, people going for a drink...) are very well possible. For example, inns could be almost empty during the day, apart from the occasional drunk, and fill up during the evening.

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Does this happen often? I'm seriously asking. I mean, if someone pledges in the last "minute" it might be within logic's boundaries. But if you have an entire month, well, damn!

I would go as far as saying it always happens, to what extent it may vary between 1 loss of the lowest tier on smaller projects to multiple $10K pledge losses because they were fakes.

We don't have many 10k pledges....four I think and then there aren't a great deal of 5k pledges either...six I think. From all those I don't think we'll lose more than a couple at most so it really shouldn't have a great impact. I'm sure Obsidian is accounting for worst case scenarios which is why I think they are giving themselves a .5 mil cushion to fall on with the second big city. They are professionals and have successfully managed titanic AAA budgets before. I really would not worry about this at this point.

1zq6793.jpg

At most I'd expect a 50,000 loss when the Kick starter ends. At the very least probably around 10,000. It's nothing to be too worried about, but it will happen, we just have to hope that it's the lower tiers as stated above and not the higher ones.

And I wouldn't call them 'fake' pledges, sometimes people put a pledge in to guarantee that tier slot before hand, expecting to have the money... but life happens so I wouldn't be too terribly upset at them.

• Like 2

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Counting PayPal, we're at around 3.3 million with 32 hours to go. It's going to happen, we're going to get that second big, big city. In fact, I'm already plotting ways to take advantage of the saps living the... What I mean to say is, I'm thinking of polite ways to introduce myself to its fine citizens and contribute to their well being. Yeah... That's what I meant to say.

:fdevil:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Counting PayPal, we're at around 3.3 million with 32 hours to go. It's going to happen, we're going to get that second big, big city. In fact, I'm already plotting ways to take advantage of the saps living the... -snip-

Hey don't just stop there, the plan might work. But I can't help, if I don't know it first. 8)

Edited by kenup
  • Like 1

At this point, with as many hours as we have left, I think we have a real shot at reaching the 3.5 million mark. Currently we are at 3.215 (not including paypal) million and have 31 hours to go. Historically there have been pledge surges in the last 24 hours of popular kickstarter projects. So, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by theesh

Counting PayPal, we're at around 3.3 million with 32 hours to go. It's going to happen, we're going to get that second big, big city. In fact, I'm already plotting ways to take advantage of the saps living the... -snip-

Hey don't just stop there, the plan might work. But I can't help, if I don't know it first. 8)

/whispers in kenup's ear

*barely audible* "mumble mumble mumble suckers mumble mumble they'll eat it up mumble mumble mumble bleed em' dry mumble mumble"

//looks around

///notices people off in the distance getting closer

*loudly* "So after we get the donations and the support of the good people we'll put all the money toward building that orphanage."

Counting PayPal, less than 200k to go to get the big city. That's less than 7k an hour. We're going to make it! :yes:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

i have no doubts.

the difference between doubters and non doubters?

non-doubters get their X-wing back from out of the swamp...

doubters cry about what could have been had it not been "impossible" from the start.

Actually doubting things, has advanced humanity more. Imagine if Newton didn't doubt the teachings of the church. :geek:

Star Wars FTL. :down:

:grin:

Edit: If someone takes this post seriously and start a debate, they are a @#$#@ @#$#$%@!

:grin:

Edited by kenup

KS + PayPal combined nearly at 3.4kk now :)

Are there actually any doubters left out there?

I'm gonna place my bet on 3.9kk total pledges (3.8kk from KS)!

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"