Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

It's going to be so close. Soooooooooo close.

I think we'll get past 3,5 mil. easily, you can quote me on that ;)

I like that optimism. I'm estimating 3.4-3.7 million for the final tally.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's going to be so close. Soooooooooo close.

I think we'll get past 3,5 mil. easily, you can quote me on that ;)

I like that optimism. I'm estimating 3.4-3.7 million for the final tally.

I think that even 3,7 mil. would be possible, depending on the update tomorrow (we're watching you, Mr. Null) ;)

Edited by Karranthain
  • Like 2

I will put up any Obz developer who agrees to make a London-based city as number two. I will take them on a unique adventure. They will see stuff that they won't forget for a while.

Ask some of the moderators. They know I can deliver on that one.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Did you know that you can survive three weeks without food?

Here's a great formula:

-3 minutes without air.

-3 days without water.

-3 weeks without food.

That gives you a nice leeway for upping your pledge and getting rid of some extra kilos as well.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I don't think we're going to hit 3.5 million... It just seems too far away.

It's actually really really really close.

:rolleyes:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61416-countdown-to-eternity/page__st__60

Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Actually, the city is already in the bag, our rather in the pocket-plane, if you get the pun! :)

If this pledge rate keeps on going and spike a bit at the end (Mind you, other KS-projects spiked a lot the last hours), we will be able to visit this wonderful urban place in a year and a half. Yipee!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Nearing the end now. With 37 hours left, the Kickstarter total is $3,167,049 and the latest Paypal update is $89,641. This means we need $243,310 or about $6.6K per hour. It's definitely possible, particularly since we have not had less than $5K at any time in the past 12 hours (even when it was night in most of both North America and Europe).

Edited by Althernai

There's no question about it any more, we are going to hit way above $3.5kk :)

The final 24 hours they'll get on the front page of all the mainstream gaming blogs & other media, as they did the first day of the kickstarter. That gave them $700k. Since they are very close to being the 2nd highest funded project ever on kickstarter, media will pay a lot of attention to it. I'd be surprised if they got anything less than $350k on the last day.

We need moar stretch goals, people :D

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Are we really going to hit $3.5M and overtake Doublefine as the game that was Kickstarted the most?!

This fan base is amazing!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

The $3.500.000 goal is looking pretty likely by now. Kicktraq http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/#chart-exp-projection now predicts $3.3M-$3.6M in total - which would be enough to surpass Double Fine (need $3,336,372 for that), and with (or possibly even without) an additional $100.000 or so from Paypal, the total should be very comfortably above $3.5M.

The second big city is almost ours.

There will be lost pledges though, there always is. For instance, someone pledges but accidentally selects their old credit card info on amazon, or they didn't have enough money in their account.

Edited by Sensuki

There will be lost pledges though, there always is. For instance, someone pledges but accidentally selects their old credit card info on amazon, or they didn't have enough money in their account.

Does this happen often? I'm seriously asking. I mean, if someone pledges in the last "minute" it might be within logic's boundaries. But if you have an entire month, well, damn!

Edited by kenup

That's how I joined the order ;)

Well, not selecting an old card, but accidentally picked one with a transaction limit. Never found a way to tell Amazon to change payment method for the pledge without changing the amount.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd actually really like to see a Fantasy-style Constantinople. East meets West. It's a really good place to see more of the PE universe within one city. And it was huge.

We already had a game with a main city like Istanbul. It was BGII and that city was Athkatla.

I think it's time to move to something else.

Does this happen often? I'm seriously asking. I mean, if someone pledges in the last "minute" it might be within logic's boundaries. But if you have an entire month, well, damn!

I would go as far as saying it always happens, to what extent it may vary between 1 loss of the lowest tier on smaller projects to multiple $10K pledge losses because they were fakes.

• Like 1