Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

You'd be surprised, but we'll wait to the end of today to really see how it's looking. If we gross at least 120,000 by the end of today we'll be looking at around 3,060,000. All we really need to do is get close to that goal by the final day, somewhere around 3,250,000 and you'll see the money pour in like a mad rush at wal mart during black Friday.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I really can't see the additional big city not happening. They seem very keen on the idea, and even if the Kickstarter fails to reach 3.5 million in 3 days time (which I think is unlikely), paypal will still be running. Those funds are going to go towards the game anyway, so why not use them on a feature the developers wanted as a 3.5 million goal?

Intrigue at a masked ball using your skill monkey character would be most excellent, maybe stealing something or having to quietly poison a noble using Your Large Ornamental Ring full O Poison +5.

I think +5 might not be sufficient, I'd personally go with +7, just to be on the safe side.

I like the Venice idea. But whatever its structure is, I would like it to be the [not complete] opposite of Big City #1. If the first one is a jewel, this one is a slum for the most part. If the first one is an academic hub, this one is ruled by thugs etc.

I'd actually really like to see a Fantasy-style Constantinople. East meets West. It's a really good place to see more of the PE universe within one city. And it was huge.

assassins_creed_revelations_constantinople_concept_art-wallpaper-1400x1050.jpg

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I'd actually prefer if the two big cities were not mirror images of each other (e.g. mostly slums vs. mostly high society). There are other ways to create differences without resorting to "opposite!" which feels cheap to me (e.g. dark elves, so caricatured): cultures and cultural expectations, laws, theocratic dictatorship versus monied oligarchy, different underlying popular religions, trade powers, underworld powers, racial makeup, etc. Metropolises by their nature are giant bell curves, so I'd expect some overlap. A family-run business Y in one city is going to have very similar concerns as another family-run business Z in another city, but perhaps Y has to worry about the theocratic police because their clientele is mostly from outlier populations and Z has to worry about gang activity.

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)