Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

I think reaching 3.5m is still very possible. Just wait and see what happens. ;)

So you're thinking that this announcement might create a big surge in donations with just 4 days left? If it were to happen, then I really underestimated this project... not to say that what they have already done is incredible.

OE seems to think so, when I asked them about mini stretch goals to keep interest up

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

I'm skeptical about it making 3.5, but today's current rate for Kickstarter has been pretty good. Kicktraq updates days at different time to the Kickstarter clock, so when it ticked over to under 5 days I think about another 20-30K passed through.

Not impossible to get 100K before the Kicktraq day is out.

I'm sorry but two big cities scares me. I'm one of those people that has to talk to every named npc, check every house, search every corner. Sometimes... I enter a city and I'm there for upwards of 3 hours of just exploring. I'll probably have an anxiety attack trying to find my way around two big cities. Though there are some amazing things you can do with a city, but trying to find something unique would be a battle. Underwater, underground, in the sky, curious as to what they would do if we reach that goal mark.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Same here, C2B! That curious portrait in a reddish tone was great, it was your trademark sort of. Don't give it up!

I didn't actually save it and I can't seem to find it on the internet. It's Abed from a community episode.

City's not appealing? Seriously?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We're at over 40K today already, but I fear 3.5 million might be a Stretch Goal Too Far.

That's my concern. Which kind of sucks because a new big city would be amazing. Maybe Obsidian can swap the $3 and $3.5 million stretch goals. :dancing:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

We're at over 40K today already, but I fear 3.5 million might be a Stretch Goal Too Far.

That's my concern. Which kind of sucks because a new big city would be amazing. Maybe Obsidian can swap the $3 and $3.5 million stretch goals. :dancing:

That's defeatist talk, soldier! Report to your commanding officer immediately.

• Like 2

That's defeatist talk, soldier! Report to your commanding officer immediately.

I just want to express my great disappointment in any and all who would surrender the stronghold for a big city!! And 3.5 is most definitely possible....the final days' spike has barely just begun....the last two are going to be insane.....so yes this certainly can happen but it'll be close.

1zq6793.jpg

If we grow at DF's rate over the last day spike we will end up at nearly 3.7. Even if we're only growing at W2's rate, we'll probably manage it with paypal.

Reposting chart

https://docs.google....dQNU1TSHc#gid=1

Very nice charts, quite enlighting, I must say.

Woah PE already surpassed the other two games total by (well by the end of today could be upwards of 500k and 700k). If that projection stays true we will certainly hit well over 3.5 million by the final push.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

If we grow at DF's rate over the last day spike we will end up at nearly 3.7. Even if we're only growing at W2's rate, we'll probably manage it with paypal.

Reposting chart

https://docs.google....dQNU1TSHc#gid=1

Very nice charts, quite enlighting, I must say.

Note that 2,755,752 has since transformed into a 2,785,596 and we're still on day 29.....for another 8+ hrs....

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

This is the first stretch goal I kinda hope they don't reach ;) . I loathe big cities in RPGs. Most of the time big cities are major boring time sinks where you just spend hours trucking from door to door to chat up people, read dialogues for hours on end, clear the usual sewers from rats and goblins, and all sorts of other boring stuff that the devs just added to add gaming hours in order to pump up the hour count into "epic" regions.

This kind of boredom could be majorly exacerbated in PE's case if the engine works like the IE engine where every interior needs to be loaded separately instead of a seamless transition. Click door - loading screen - find empty/boring house - click exit - loading screen - click next door - loading screen - chat up random NPC with a two-line dialogue - click exit - loading screen - rinse, repeat ad nauseam --> Epic boredom!

Don't get me wrong. I don't need non-stop action but spending hours upon hours going from house to house and NPC to NPC in a big city isn't exactly my idea of fun either.

So if they reach 3.5M then I sincerely hope that Obsidian manages to create a city that is actually fun to explore rather than being a time filler as sadly is the case with so many other RPGs.

As a point of reference for fun cities in somewhat recent games, I'd like to point out the Drakensang games. Both were set in major cities and those were actually well done cities with fun content to explore.

If we only hit 3.3M or even 3.4M I still hope they will just say: "We will give you the 2nd city anyway because you believed in us and you are just perfect fans!" :yes:

Also, if Paypal pledges are still up for a while after, they might get closer to the goal. It will just be a bit smaller for a "big" city.

and I want my 2nd big city.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too.

If we reach 3.3 million they should add a "smaller big city" or at least a town like Beregost in BG1,

I think the only way to reach 3.5 million talking everyone that already backed PE into rising its pledge. I don't think we can make it with just new backers.