Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

I am willing to post pictures of my glorious ass for our female members to gawk at if we reach the 3.5 million stretch goal. I hope this is enough motivation to encourage enough donations.

i think you would motivate more members if you could encourage the female members to post pictures of their backsides. that's at least for me the case ...

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

I hope Obsidian implement big cities properly. Two things particularly strike my mind:

1. A proper city that can be explored. I hated the way the capital city of Denerim in Dragon Age: Origins was implemented. You couldn't actually travel around the city. Everytime you moved from one area, you were directed to a map which forced you to travel to certain places such as an Inn. You could never go outside the Inn, mind you because it would take you back to the map. What a bummer!

2. I hope we have proper cities where a thief can actually enter into all the houses in the city and discover all sorts of interesting stuff. One area in BG2 where I had great fun was finding the different clues and leading to discovering the demi-lich Kangaxx. For me, that's one of the pleasures of questing in a big city.

• Like 3

http://www.kicktraq....-exp-projection

Can the last minute KS surge increase this? What happened on W2?

Yes, it can. The Kicktraq projection is pretty simple: it's based on the last day with some error bars that they then multiply by the remaining number of days. It does not try to account for last minute surges or anything of the sort.

We are actually not doing so badly right now as far as the big city update is concerned. If you include Paypal, we are at about $2.8M right now ($2.75M on the main page and $50K Paypal). This means that we need $700K to get to the big city at $3.5M. There are 4 days and a little less than 14 hours left to the Kickstarter which means just a little under 110 hours. Thus, we need an average of around $6.4K per hour to make this happen. If you look at this page, that's roughly what we are getting -- we just need things not to slow down and for the final zerg rush to make up for the time when most backers are asleep.

• Like 2

Yeah, thanks Althernai! :)

And George Ziets and 2.8 goal is definitely reached now, faster than expected. Four days in this pace and a zerg at the end will perhaps be enough. Wouldn't it be cool if this got to be the best KS ever?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

No, and I don't even care. I'm rather skeptical about this method of randomly adding stuff if they get more money in. Though I trust them I don't even know what money has to do with it, if the workload doesn't seem to change that much by it (considering the release date is fixed). But they have to offer something, I suppose, and with the help of George Ziets perhaps they might strech themselves some more.

Yes, I don't care about one location more or less if the game as a whole is really good.

Big city definition is not a city like Denerim and shouldn't be... More like Athkatla will be suitable.

And we have a god-like race right? Think a big city founded and populated by god-like folks? Maybe hidden in deep forests of Eir Glanfath?

How about that?

Though I trust them I don't even know what money has to do with it, if the workload doesn't seem to change that much by it (considering the release date is fixed).

They bring more people in on the project who work on the additional stuff as well as free up work of others so that they can work on the things they need to work on. The release date isn't exactly fixed, depending on bugs.

Edited by C2B

Well, two Athkatla-sized cities would be just amazing. We simply have to reach that goal.

^This x 9999
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

And let's hopefully you won't be anywhere near as son i am disappoint

I'm glad I cheaped out on Diablo 3 and bought a dodgy cdkey from an israeli site for like $35AU

But I still wish I just didn't bother.

Well, two Athkatla-sized cities would be just amazing. We simply have to reach that goal.

^This x 9999

I hope we aren't putting too high an expectation on Obsidian. Two Athkala sized cities... I haven't since these big sized included in an cRPG for a very long, long time.... (maybe never...) with all the associated quests, exploration and NPCs.

^This x 9999

I hope we aren't putting too high an expectation on Obsidian. Two Athkala sized cities... I haven't since these big sized included in an cRPG for a very long, long time.... (maybe never...) with all the associated quests, exploration and NPCs.

$500k is a good estimate by Obsidian, if you think of it in the terms of hiring a new team division that's purely dedicated to making and integrating a second city. If you look at average salaries, divided by an 18 month employment period, that's a lot of people. Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

A second huge city would be awesome! Like a great underground dwarven city, or a beautiful and artisitc elven city. ;)

The first city should be a huge Human city like Baldur's Gate or Amn in my opinion.

I really love underground cities but what I'm expecting is a city built in the walls of a great cylindirical hole with multiple levels. Somewhat like Utapau but with balconies one after another.

Part of the fun with the big cities will be seeing how much of it you can remember after a few hours of play; always amazes me. Unless I play while drinking a nice Shiraz; at which point I remember very little :-

Edited by Paul D

^This x 9999

I absolutely LOVE the idea of 2 big citys... maybe one of them is not human so we get a HUGE image of nonhumanculture (f.e. from dwarves from which I missed a city in Baldurs Gate 1 & 2; it could show as the great ability of buildung halls etc. of dwarves).

The only problem is that I fear we wont hit that goal - about 750k left with 4 days left - thats about 200k / day. I already donated 35$ today :)

If only this would be reached...... Would be wonderful!

Though something I'd like to see for a (second) big city, would perhaps be that is "tribal". Series of tribes gathered in one area creating a city of it's own right, combining complex civilization and simple tribal atmosphere.

But any big city would be more than nice IMO.

• Like 1

Dude, I can see my own soul.....