Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

I sort of envision the Obsidian guys sitting in a room with pen and paper, calculators and abacuses (sp?) to see what is possible and how much they can promise and still integrate into the existing stretch goals. Keeping in mind that each addition is not only a self contained "addition" but also increases the cost of everything previously committed to.

I would love nothing more than to see Obsidian make 3.5 mil but it's going to be very tough. I'm trying to find a way to upgrade to the $250 package.

That's why there's Paypal.

The only thing is though, once Kickstarter actually charges out credit cards etc, they won't get the full amount, there'll probably be quite a lot of unclaimed pledges.

I don't think it'll be much of a problem because when you commit your credit/debit card is verified and you'd have to be an idiot to commit to funds you don't have or risk overdraft. There's bound to be a couple but not really enough to put a dent in the total pledged amount. The only other way is if backers cancel their pledges but that will be reflected by the final displayed number so it'll be taken into account up front.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

I sort of envision the Obsidian guys sitting in a room with pen and paper, calculators and abacuses (sp?) to see what is possible and how much they can promise and still integrate into the existing stretch goals. Keeping in mind that each addition is not only a self contained "addition" but also increases the cost of everything previously committed to.

I would love nothing more than to see Obsidian make 3.5 mil but it's going to be very tough. I'm trying to find a way to upgrade to the $250 package.

That's why there's Paypal.

The only thing is though, once Kickstarter actually charges out credit cards etc, they won't get the full amount, there'll probably be quite a lot of unclaimed pledges.

I don't think it'll be much of a problem because when you commit your credit/debit card is verified and you'd have to be an idiot to commit to funds you don't have or risk overdraft. There's bound to be a couple but not really enough to put a dent in the total pledged amount. The only other way is if backers cancel their pledges but that will be reflected by the final displayed number so it'll be taken into account up front.

Medierra (the main guy behind Grim Dawn) said they lost a fair bit, but I'd have to double check whether that number included Kickstarter's 10%.

BY the way, it seems this time Obsidian's PayPal system don't support the purchase of Chinese Yinlian Credit card.Many of my friend don't have Visa can't fund on PE.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I want to see the project make 3.5 mil. Hell, I'd like to see it hit 10 mil. ...But I don't really care about the megacity. Really, it's cool, but I'm just as happy to see Obsidz do what they think will work best.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am willing to post pictures of my glorious ass for our female members to gawk at if we reach the 3.5 million stretch goal. I hope this is enough motivation to encourage enough donations.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

From Kickstarter comment.

Q: Ever thought about writing a character? or hell add a tier where someone can write the basic outlines of a character. Saves you time (all you need to do is fill in the blanks) and makes some amateur writer happy ;p

A(Feargus): On the subject of goals between 3.0 and 3.5 - Josh feels really strongly about wanting to do the Big Big City 2. That is something that will take a lot of resources. It feels like we would be compromising that if we try to offer much at all between the two numbers.

When I read the 3.5m stretch goal, I immediately thought it's just a bait to raise money but guess I was bit cynical on this.

Thinking of it now, considering the reputation system, it would be interesting to see another populated city. Also, Sawyer is still offering mods for FONV. Pledge raised. I don't care if it will end up with just realizing the stronghold, which is unfortunately not my cup of tea (Rather, I'd think I contributed to get Ziets). Good Luck.

"When I read the 3.5m stretch goal, I immediately thought it's just a bait to raise money but guess I was bit cynical on this."

Think of Athkatla. That's a huge chunk of BG2 right there and ti fuels 90%+ of the game's quests asw ell. We're guaranteed as is one Athkata sized city so to have a second one would be a lot of extra. 500k isn't just to make it but to fill itn with npcs, quests, and very likely 1 or 2 more joinables amongst the 500k. Good stuff.

I really hope we reach that goal but I dunno... just don't know it if is possible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

At least we're picking up steam. If we don't pick up enough to make, thems the breaks, but we might. Keep exhorting friends to buy in. Be like the Chanter class and use your charm and personal charisma to get folks on board. Come on guys!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

At least we're picking up steam. If we don't pick up enough to make, thems the breaks, but we might. Keep exhorting friends to buy in. Be like the Chanter class and use your charm and personal charisma to get folks on board. Come on guys!

Alternatively, we could simply threaten them with melee weapons.

sonsofgygax.JPG

BY the way, it seems this time Obsidian's PayPal system don't support the purchase of Chinese Yinlian Credit card.Many of my friend don't have Visa can't fund on PE.

You should send one of them a PM (Adam Brennecke maybe) and get them to see if they can sort that out for you.

Edited by Sensuki

I would trade the Stronghold, the Adventurers' Hall, the crafting and enchanting, the extra game modes, all extra races, all extra classes, all extra factions, all extra companions, the player house, the translations, the other OS support, and the entire big dungeon in order to get the new city. I might even think of selling George Ziets into slavery for it. That's how much I love cities. /selfish

*runs and hides*

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G