Big City #2- 3.5mil. stretch goal

The deepest level in the Mega Dungeon will actually be a Mega City!

Right guys? Who's with me?

That sounds... really awesome, actually.

I definitely wouldn't want that much concentrated content locked behind an optional dungeon romp, though--I know not everyone is into that (I would be only when in the mood, myself).

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Hehe you've create a monster, JWF.

As to you, Ieo, I liked that the city was big enough that you could literally get lost in it. I liked Sigil for the same reason. I mean, that was a true urban sprawl.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hehe you've create a monster, JWF.

As to you, Ieo, I liked that the city was big enough that you could literally get lost in it. I liked Sigil for the same reason. I mean, that was a true urban sprawl.

I think Sigil seemed smaller because the maps felt smaller--the sprites were bigger... It's all relative. :p I don't remember a giant overhead map either, but it's been a while, so... Time to fire it up again after this semester.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Maybe I'm just excited by the idea of the reward for a dungeon crawl being something besides MOAR LOOT.

The reward in Durlag's Tower, for me, was unraveling the entire story. (And the loot. :biggrin: )

• Like 1

stuff

Aw, bite me. I think it would be a great slap in the face to the folks who didn't LIKE Obsidian on facebook. lol Ooon the other hand, Tale probably has it right with the whole idea that it would require people to go through an optional area to get to a place that's going to take up a *lot* of resources.

I vaguely recall a supplement or module for AD&D (1st ed I think) where you explore a vast underground cavern system, and one of the areas was an entire town that had long ago fallen into a giant sinkhole, and generations of people living in the dark had made them blind. Or something like that - it is from a loooong time ago.

The point to my rambling is that in all seriousness a city/ruins/village/something would definitely be cool (just no same-old-underdark-Drow-city please).

Back to the Big City: It would sure be a shame if we hit just shy (3.4) of the mark. Which is why we can't let that happen!

Wow that idea actually sounds pretty interesting about the city underground where everyone has gone blind (ie nothing like the Underdark - no Underdark PLEASE OE!!), but like others I am thinking the project will fall short of $3.5 Mil, unfortunately I have pledged all I am able, the Wife would have my gonads otherwise :)

Huge mistake not having smaller goals between 3.0-3.5. Smaller goals being reached helps build excitement near the end of ks

On the other hand, it also costs money and time, better spend in the big city/keep. Unless of course you want goals so tiny that excitement will be pretty nihil by achieving them anyway.

Or just use something you had planned for the game originally and use it as more of a info dump stretch.

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

Why did they have to make that second city goal at 3.5? That's like a hail mary pass they are hoping to catch. I would have thought 3, because that's what I think they will come real close to. Either way, I'm still beyond pleased that it has gone this far.

Not in the mega dungeon, but an underground city? That would rock (as long as, like someone noted, it wasn't just another Drow/underdark clone).

YES. They should have something great under there, and a city would be awesome, however there better be a fast transport method to and from once you get down there! ;)

I personally thought they'd have some ancient dragon down at the bottom, I felt that was sorta predictable, but, well who doesn't like the thought of fighting a dragon and getting his treasure in the darkest depths of the earth?

Still I like your huge city idea much better. :D

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

I think reaching 3.5m is still very possible. Just wait and see what happens. ;)

So you're thinking that this announcement might create a big surge in donations with just 4 days left? If it were to happen, then I really underestimated this project... not to say that what they have already done is incredible.

I think reaching 3.5m is still very possible. Just wait and see what happens. ;)

So you're thinking that this announcement might create a big surge in donations with just 4 days left? If it were to happen, then I really underestimated this project... not to say that what they have already done is incredible.

There's always a huge surge in donations in the last few days of a kickstarter.

Why did they have to make that second city goal at 3.5? That's like a hail mary pass they are hoping to catch. I would have thought 3, because that's what I think they will come real close to. Either way, I'm still beyond pleased that it has gone this far.

Because they do need the budget to build the other big city. that's the reason.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Based on how kickstarters usually work, I think a big surge near the end was inevitable anyway. But having the goal there and releasing that screenshot should certainly help things along a bit.

If I were to make a prediction now on what they'll end up with, i'd say somewhere between 3.6 and 3.7m.

I understand that. I just feel that maybe they could have laid that goal out maybe a couple of days ago for that extra push.

I sort of envision the Obsidian guys sitting in a room with pen and paper, calculators and abacuses (sp?) to see what is possible and how much they can promise and still integrate into the existing stretch goals. Keeping in mind that each addition is not only a self contained "addition" but also increases the cost of everything previously committed to.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I understand that. I just feel that maybe they could have laid that goal out maybe a couple of days ago for that extra push.

Hmmm...I agree. Maybe two or three days earlier is better. Now they may need to set several small stretch goals undet 3.5M to give another extra push~

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I think the 3.5M is a good idea - it's a significant content addition for a significant increase in funding, and it's pitched at the level where it's conceivable they'll make it but in no way guaranteed. It creates an interesting "will they/won't they" tension to the last few days - I'll probably up my donation before the Kickstarter closes because a second major city is something I'd love to see happen. If there were a sequence of lesser goals that they ticked off every 100k from now, I'd still feel really positive about the project overall, but less interested in exactly where the Kickstarter finished up on Tuesday.

I'm dissapointed. Another big city wouldm eb awesome but it's gonna be really hard to reach 3.5 in less than 4 days.. I hope it makes it.

I would laugh if it got to 3.499999.. I could see lots of butthurt. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.